Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharepoint controls.css problem

Options
  • 29-05-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm working on a Sharepoint site but am having an unusual problem with controls.css.

None of the sharepoint controls are getting styles applied to them so the site is practically unuseable as it is. E.g the Site Actions button has no graphics displayed, it is just a piece of text & the dropdown from it when clicked is cluttered and unstructured. This applies to all controls including the Rich Text Fields etc.

I am importing the controlls.css the regular way with:
    <SharePoint:CssRegistration name="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/~language/Core Styles/controls.css %>" runat="server"/>

and when that didn't work, I tried:
    <link href="<% $SPUrl:~SiteCollection/Style Library/en-US/Core Styles/controls.css%>" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />

I have used firebug and I can see that the css is being imported in the head section because I can actually browse through it's styles.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Are you editing default.master?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No I've created a custom masterpage using the Minimal Masterpage settings given my M$.

The styles work fine in the System pages, just not the front end pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I fixed this issue by adding the following above the CSS references in my masterpage:

<Sharepoint:CssLink runat="server"/>

Advertisement