Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Knights? Where will they start (Discuss)

• 29-05-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I was just reading and searching for some news on WotLK there and I was just thinking about the death knights.

Where will they start?

I think that there will be a new lvl 55 area south of Northrends coasts where the new Death Knights have retreated to after being feed from Arthas' control.

IMO: If all the Death Knights start in an existing lvl 55 area that will kill the area for current leveling players. And i think it should also set the mood for the new free-willed death knights to test their mettle. The area should be 55 to 58 i think, so that then death knight can then work his way through Outland, back to Northrent to confront Arthas.

An Island off Northrend might be an idea, like a halfway house. And because blizzard said that Death Knight will have alot of class related quests to become customed to the new class, so this itself would probably require its own area.

What does everyone else think?

(Cant wait for WotLK :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hasn't it already been said they will start in wpl ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

They will start in the Eastern plaguelands, i believe they've to escape from stratholme or scholmance or some ****?

But im pretty sure they start in EPL at lvl 55 ;)

nix wrote: »
    They will start in the Eastern plaguelands, i believe they've to escape from stratholme or scholmance or some ****?

But im pretty sure they start in EPL at lvl 55 ;)

Yeah epl, thats the one. An area i completly manage to esape every time i level a toon. Apart form my warlock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have to garee i fukin hate both epl and wpl when leveling. i always avoid them like the plague (cheap pun!!)

but they start in epl at 55 and then move onto an area thats reserved purely for dk as far as i remember from reading the notes.

dk is the only thing in this game atm thats keepin me from buyin aoc.

that and i just started a new toon, undead rogue :)

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have to garee i fukin hate both epl and wpl when leveling. i always avoid them like the plague (cheap pun!!)

but they start in epl at 55 and then move onto an area thats reserved purely for dk as far as i remember from reading the notes.

dk is the only thing in this game atm thats keepin me from buyin aoc.

that and i just started a new toon, undead rogue :)

I just did the same with an undead rogue, What a boring starting area though! Run here, go there, steal pumpkins. GTFO and take me back to westfall where i feel secure :D Managed to settle on a druid, but hated darkshore too as its way to big.

So back on topic, when will the DK's get to mix with normal folk ? only on the new continent ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Oh... I didnt hear that!

Maybe I just over looked that! Reading everything in work between call :)

TBH, thats a bit of a bummer, unless they expand the area a bit. They need a few more NPCs to make it work.

Anti wrote: »
    I just did the same with an undead rogue, What a boring starting area though! Run here, go there, steal pumpkins. GTFO and take me back to westfall where i feel secure ?

haha what i do is lvl till about 7 in the undead starting area, then go to uc and portal to silvermoon and do all the quests there till 12, then head to barrens.

i find their quests a lot easier than the horrible quests in brill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

follow a guide and its all gravy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just get quest helper, it makes levelling sooo much easier.

Oh yeah, i have QH alright, i just find the area incredibly boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I find westfall dreadful now after playing some many ally alts through it. Belf starting area is suppose to be good. Not sure i'd want a belf especially a belf rogue.

then do what i done and roll an undead rogue and head over to the belf starting area at about 7 or 8.

belf rogue = looks gay

undead rogue = looks awsome

Suppose it would be no harm in keeping an eye out on AH for some decent plate gear.

has anyone seen the dk action movies on youtube?

had a peek the other night. look pretty decent.

presuambly if ur lookin for plate gear keep a look out for +str, would it be?

the gear they start in looks awsome. wonder how many levels it will last for though.

it would be cool if it was imba gear that you upgraded at your trainer as you levelled up but it still looked the same.

cant wait to try dk.

Great pics
    Love the one in Northrend, the gear is pretty sweet to start off, and yeah, im gonna keep my eye out for tank gear, gonna frost spec my DK

Mount is FANTASTIC! I love it! Who thinks there should be a lvl 80 lock and pally mount, even just a cooler looking one, a speed increase would be cool, but not nessary.

Back to where they start!
    Read in PC gamer mag (you've probabaly all see Arthus looking at you from all the news agents :D ) that you start in a Ziggorath just OUTSIDE wpl in a new small zone. Not a fan of PL zones, but will be fun testing out new skills there.

Getting more and more excited everyday now :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

DK is quite fun :) bit unusual to get used to be kinda reminds me of the necromancers in guildwars :)

Did you play the alpha?

I really dont look forward to seeing Death Nights all over the freaking place. I think we'll have to do a mass gankathon in EPL on release, and really thin the herds.

Id say the first day will be like a DK convention with free souls to corupt, but will die down from there are Outlands will be jammed again! HFP will look sweet with loads of DKs running around beating the crap outta dread lords.

Your also forgetting that people will race to 80, and from all the articles I read there is ALOT in Northrend. Im not planning on making a DK til lvl 75, and maybe not even then, i wanna see Northrend more so then EPL again, even if it is with a DK.

But dont you have to do a quest at lvl80 to unlock the Death Nights?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    But dont you have to do a quest at lvl80 to unlock the Death Nights?

Nope! You need 1 character at lvl 70, thats it! Then the DK tab is unlocked for every race, but you can only make one death knight per acc (NOT realm) and if your on a PvP server he must be of the same faction.

You can create your DK on any realm however.
    Thats what everything I have read said.

There was origionaly a quest to unlock the class (bad memories from Final Fantasy 11) but that got binned very early on.

i was under the impression that the questline was still implemented and would be a set of quests similar to the champion of the naaru ones in TBC

Unless Im wrong which I could very well be, there was a quest idea for the DK, but I did read somewhere... that when you have a lvl 70 character the job is automatically unlocked.

The only thing i can think of, is that the beta may have generated some confusion. People are given a default teir 5 lvl 70 character and the option to create a DK. Obviously they dont expect you to do everything on a beta, so the DK option was always there.

But as far as I am aware, 1xlvl70 charater = 1x DK

FS LADS LEARN TO READ, ITS BEEN POSTED NUMEROUS TIMES!!! :D

there is no quest line to unlock, as long as you have a level 55 toon on a server you can create a dk on that server

and afaik its not one per account, its one per server you have a 55 on.

PC Gamer claims its one per Account, I origionally heard that its one per server but heard that was wrong.

Its all still speculation, so we all could be wrong.

At least we all now know that there is no quest for the class

i cant get onto the wow eu forum but im 99% sure its one per realm that u have a 55 on.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i cant get onto the wow eu forum but im 99% sure its one per realm that u have a 55 on.
    correct - sorta, its once you have a 70, you open the DK race to any server on your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Guys, can we please tone down the use of WotLK screenshots and videos?

I know its really nice to be able to see this stuff, but its not really what these forums are intended for and can result in Blizzard coming after this site as they have done with some others out there, if we got to be known as a source of WotLK alpha content.

Therefore, it wont be an offense unless repeated, but it will have to be against the charter to protect these forums. I will update the charter to reflect this.

I am as sorry as you guys are, but its a necessary step...

Thats understandable!
    I dont really want the forums getting in trouble as they do keep me sane during work hours!

I dont think we have long to wait anyway, IMO the release date is on the horizon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I find westfall dreadful now after playing some many ally alts through it. Belf starting area is suppose to be good. Not sure i'd want a belf especially a belf rogue.

oh god i HATE westfall..... murloc FFS!! harvest watchers?! why god why silly silly little piece of land - EXCEPT me good matie Edwin in the Deadmines - but wtf are they doing with wesfall its a silly land - plus its too bright!

Advertisement