Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese In Portlaoise??

Options
  • 29-05-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Used to eat from the Lucky Palace but got one that actually tasted of ear-was..Bleuch!!

What's the best chinese in Portlaoise..Can't live without a chicken curry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Used to eat from the Lucky Palace but got one that actually tasted of ear-was..Bleuch!!

What's the best chinese in Portlaoise..Can't live without a chicken curry!
    dont go royal garden anyways it tastes like ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Tried that too..Best curry I ever had was Bamboo in Port..But no way could i be arsed drive to port every friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Tried that too..Best curry I ever had was Bamboo in Port..But no way could i be arsed drive to port every friday!

I drive to Portlaoise for my indian most fridays....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The Palki or Kingfisher do amazing curries...my favorite chinese by far in Portlaoise is the one opposite the prison officer club near the train station...forget the name tho...royal china?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

pclancy wrote: »
    my favorite chinese by far in Portlaoise is the one opposite the prison officer club near the train station...forget the name tho...royal china?

+1 Don't know the name either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Its called the royal china alright. The one in Kilminchy over O Gormans bar is pretty good called the Royal Tycoon. There is also a very good Indian there as well called the Indian Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

yep .... the one near the train station ..... the royal china I think is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

pclancy wrote: »
    The Palki or Kingfisher do amazing curries...my favorite chinese by far in Portlaoise is the one opposite the prison officer club near the train station...forget the name tho...royal china?

ate our of it 2 weeks ago and i thought it was terrible. 3 meals we got and all 3 went in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

For a sit down it has to be the Royal Tycoon in Kilminchy.
    Does a good take away too.
    There's a small one out the Mountmellick road does nice take aways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 antonian

The Emperor's House beside Subway on James Fintan Lawlor Ave. is very good. Can certainly vouch for the honey spare ribs and aromatic crispy duck. They also do some Thai and Japanese stuff.

antonian wrote: »
    The Emperor's House beside Subway on James Fintan Lawlor Ave. is very good. Can certainly vouch for the honey spare ribs and aromatic crispy duck. They also do some Thai and Japanese stuff.

i'l vouch for that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Ahh getting a take away tonight..So much choice!

Ahh getting a take away tonight..So much choice!
    have you tryed the teri yaki from the oriental new star in port leah? (id say people are sick of me raving about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

stevoman quick question, what is teri yaki????? i love chinese but never get anything more than a chicken curry!! I'd love a change!!!

Hi LeahBaby, how's things?

SJ08 wrote: »
    stevoman quick question, what is teri yaki????? i love chinese but never get anything more than a chicken curry!! I'd love a change!!!

Hi LeahBaby, how's things?

okay okay here goes, im gonna teru sell it to you. Its kind of like a black bean sauce only not as think and strong with a king of stir fry sauce taste. really addictive. has chicken pineapple and all veg in it. ya have to try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

ok, doesnt sound like it would kill me. I dont eat any veg so it will be just chicken for me, what is it served with chips, fried rice or noddles???

SJ08 wrote: »
    what is it served with chips, fried rice or noddles???

whatever your preference is sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

stevoman im starvin man, teri thingy it is for me tonight.. go raibh maith agut.

please god i hope you all dont get sick or i'l never live it down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1amanda

I eat in the lucky palace Chinese in portlaoise every week and find the food fab. The staff Jerry and Stev are very nice and very friendly. They are always willing to sort out any problem as quickly as they can. The king fisher is lovely too would die for there chicken korma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

1amanda wrote: »
    The king fisher is lovely too would die for there chicken korma.

That's Indian food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1amanda

Hi Mick in my neck of the woods korma is Indian food try it it's fab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

1amanda wrote: »
    Hi Mick in my neck of the woods korma is Indian food try it it's fab

I'm well aware of what korma is. My point was that this thread is about Chinese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Ah lads ye all forgot the real best chinese in Portlaoise. Alan's chinese down by the side of Shaws! Its been there the longest, its one of, if not the cheapest and having eaten from there a few weeks ago I can say its still the best.

Glad to see no one mentioned Thanh Loi tho, thats about as chinese as I am.

Advertisement