Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get back into it?......being a Psychic and a Medium

• 29-05-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I was on the Paranormal forum for a while and had developed quite a bit spiritually over 3/4 years. I was a practicing (part-time) Psychic and Medium.

Life went haywire around this time last year (almost exactly, which I just realised now) with some tragedies in the family and perhaps too much expectation from myself. I took a break from my spiritual self completely. I stopped holding the group I had frequently and stopped doing readings cold turkey and maybe I've meditated twice or three times since.

I was hardcore-spiritual lol and absolutely LOVED when I worked with spirit but that just ended. I lost faith in some respects. More so, in myself.

I took the break I needed and now I'm ready to start again. Literally today I've been told by myself that I NEED to get back into it. I miss it so much. I miss wanting to work with spirit the most.

Any other Mediums or Psychics taken a year or longer break? How long did it take you to get back to where you were?
    I definitely want to get into a group where I can participate and learn rather than lead as I feel I need to move on and if anyone knows of any I'd love to hear.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've never been in the situation but I just wantedto say welcome back. You've been missed around here and I'm sure the others will join me in wishing all the best as you step back on your path.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hi Aisling,

Good to see you post again :).

I don't have much to add, just a small suggestion. As much as I'm sure people would love you to do groups and readings again, I'd suggest you just focus on doing things for yourself. I know you have some fantastic guided meditations, I'd spend a lot of time doing them and similar things, and then ease back into working with others as it appeals to you again. I'm just thinking that if you jump straight back into working with others it's more structured and you're doing readings or running groups at set times and it might seem like a bit of a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

absolutely.......looking for groups to attend, not run. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yes, I had a similar thing happen and it was because life went 'tits up' too. :) I completely shut down that aspect of myself for about two or three years. I thought at first 'they' had done it to me, lol, but looking back, I did it myself. I needed to.

I got back on track initially about last September, and have been slowly building since. I dont have a group to attend, I never have, its one of the problems of living in the sticks. I actually got invited to a pagan moot, and thats what kicked things back into gear, and since then Ive just accepted my spiritual side and abilities again.

I cant say I'm back to anything like what I was, its not better or worse, just changed, I have a different perspective now, and a different reason for doing what I do. Im more focused than I was in some ways, less in others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Well Hey there,

You could come at it from another angle... have the group again but maybe rotate the learning... i.e. have a different lead.You know the way 1 night you're dying to jump in & do stuff & another night you might just want to be carried off by the mediation, maybe just go with that.

Or.. I know there is another boardsie here who does the most fab meditations, (apart from you honey;)) ... I know it helped me when I re-started to hear someone else's voice leading me instead of me leading myself if you know what I mean, sort of helps you get your spiritual strength up

Ladybird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Ps Oryx.... I love the tag line.... hehehehehe:D:D:D

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Hey Aishling, glad to see you back. I would sugguest reconnecting with your own spirit self and team first, just allow your spirit team to guide you back slowly, I am sure they will not let you down. I have stepped away from things once or twice simply through crap etc in my life and sometimes just pure frustration in the my development and each time I was ready to restart I would spend a couple of days just speaking to them and asking for a little guidance in where I am and how to re adjust back into the spiritual side of my life. As you know change is continious within this and allowing these new changes into your journey may help you see and understand why these changes occured. Simply just allow your self the time and your spirit team to bring you to the level that is needed for you at this juction in your spiritual path.

Best of luck.

Kim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wind

aishing i too am takeing a brack I got so tried. I am happer in myself for resting. And i will go back to work for spirt. I hope you do to it's your path. I am just about getting the hang of the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Ashling where are you based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Aishling,hi and late welcome back. You sound like myself,ive taken a year off too...am getting back into things rather fast,miss it all so much,but like you,family circumstances took me outv the picture for a while.
    Id say youve grown 100% spiritually over the last year and the break you took also gave time for you to figure out your own beliefs properly in the back of your mind .Time to forget text book stuff and really and truely find your own beliefs.questioning it all is a great thing to do because at the start of this journey you soak up every available piece of info,all by other people,but really,nobody elses opinions,teachings or experiences can be real to YOU because they belong to others.i think now,you are really begining YOUR own path,based on your own thoughts,feelings,expereinces ect.
    Ive questioned everything over the last year,every little thing,and i have to say,its made me feel a whole lot better following myself and nothing else.Its nice to read about others experiences but better to expereince your own,only then will you find the truth,your truth.
    Just take your time Aishling,trust yourself,dont allow others to steer your opinions,being skeptical of others is good really as it pushes you to discover things for yourself.
    i think its great you had a break,i felt the importance of my break,at first i was fed up that everything came to a halt so abruptley but glad it did now.
    just go with your flow and let it happen as and when it should.
    im here for a natter whenever you want.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement