Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair na Gaeilge

Options
  • 29-05-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I know it's a tough old one to predict, but has anyone got any tips? I'm preparing about 12 I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Ruraíocht, Fiannaise, Scoileanna na mBard, Ogham, Gaeltacht etc. Not really gonna kill myself with it, the marks are hardly worth the effort you put in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

30 marks for what is, imo, the most interesting part of the course is decent enough. Worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My teacher said either the Rúraíocht or the Fiannaíocht come up every year, but it's hard to say. They're interesting enough so I'll be doing them.. An Aisling Pholaitiúil, Canúintí, Gaeltachtaí, An Ghaeilge agus na Meáin Chumarsáide, Na Dánta Grá, Tionchar Teangacha Iasachta ar an nGaeilge, An Athbheochan, Béaloideas (though I'm pretty hairy on those two)... maybe Scoileanna na mBard, dunno if I'll bother.
    For some bizarre reason too, we've had to learn poet biographies (Seems like an excessive amount of work for half the stair question), so I know about 11 of them. I'm guessing I'll do the biography question, and then one of the rest. I've probably spent too long on this section since it's only worth 30 points, but it's interesting enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I'm doing Rúraíocht, An Fiannaíocht and all the female writers. Should be okay with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Ekels wrote: »
    30 marks for what is, imo, the most interesting part of the course is decent enough. Worth the effort.

ya like it is interesting, but most people tend to learn it all off so its quite time consuming! just sayiiiinggg ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement