Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a hostel (or similar cheap accom)

Options
  • 29-05-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭

Some friends coming over from Sweden asking me about hostels in the city centre. As I ahve never had to stay in one I have no idea what any are like. The only one I can even think of off the top of my head is paddys palace.

Anybody have any recommendations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Mairt wrote: »

Well I was hoping that maybe someone could post about experiences with hostels or something. I know thet have reviews on that but I dont trust them as hostels themselves create accounts to post reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have lots of couchsurfers to stay and they all speak highly of Jacob's Inn and Isaac's Hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Do you think the people who frequent the Dublin City forum stay in Dublin City hostels?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Do you think the people who frequent the Dublin City forum stay in Dublin City hostels?

Well aren't you a smart little ****er. Obviously people from Dublin wouldn't be staying in hostels but just by chance they may know about the hostels on offer by friends that have stayed in them. You know like the guy who posted before you decided to be a smart ass.

• Advertisement

Some friends

Well aren't you a smart little ****er.

Admit it, you don't really have any friends - do you?.

Admit it, you don't really have any friends - do you?.

Hookers? Friends? Whats the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Depending on how many of them there are, it may be cheaper to rent a short stay apartment than to stay in a hostel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Before moving to Dublin about 5 years ago, I stayed in a hostel for interviews, can't think of the name of it now, but is on Gardiner Street, and is the hostel part of the townhouse B&B.

Before moving to Dublin about 5 years ago, I stayed in a hostel for interviews, can't think of the name of it now, but is on Gardiner Street, and is the hostel part of the townhouse B&B.

Sweet Jesus Gardiner Street :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Sweet Jesus Gardiner Street :eek:

It wasn't that bad. That was my sentiment exactly when I got the address, lol. It was seriously ok. No dodgy characters or anything.

It wasn't that bad. That was my sentiment exactly when I got the address, lol. It was seriously ok. No dodgy characters or anything.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Lower Gardiner Street is actually a nice looking spot with the view of the Customs House and the view of the Spire from the junction of Talbot Street. The buildings there are very well maintained Georgian houses some with flower-boxes and nice railings etc. You're right about the upper part though. It's a shame really, it was originally planned to be the main street of Dublin.

They ended up getting a place in Gardnier Street called Browns Hostel. Nothing to do with me the ones I recommend were booked out for the weekend. They left it to late to book really. Dont think where they are should be too bad, between Talbot street and Cathal Brugha street I think.

Thanks to everyone who replied helpfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wenlock

Bluetonic wrote: »

When I moved from Cork to Dublin, it took weeks to find a place to live. A decent place to live that is ;)

Isaacs was great till I moved into a house and found some Dubs to terrorize!

Advertisement