Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good choice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Of CRC's cheap slicks that are in stock either of these should do the job:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28217
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20247

The tubes you currently have should work OK in these tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah that's a pity alright, I took photos first thing when I came in anyway, uploaded them and everything before I saw your post, so here they are anyway :)

46259658ok4.jpg

Had a look at some more tyres in the MTB section, which is probably where I should have been looking instead of the road. Anyway, I found these guys: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8547 they say they are suitable for hardpack trails or urban, which is exactly what my dad would be using his bike for, and it's 1.75, with my tubes being 1.3-1.75 and it has a good review rating too with enough reviews to trust so I might just go for two of these and keep the tubes? Or would I be best getting other tubes? Are CRC posting from the North now? Is that why I got the delivery today after just ordering on Sunday (and them seeing the order on Monday) I wonder? I want the tyres asap so will probably order new before sending back the old, hope that's ok with them :)

No probs about the mix up and thanks again for the help everyone :)

They look a bit too big all right ;-) Yes, MTB section is where all the MTB-sized tyres are, even the slicks. Those ones you linked look good if he is going to be on hardpack trail, out and out slicks would not be so good on a trail.

CRC are in Antrim, always have been ;-) It is handy for returns, the postage is a lot cheaper than to Wiggle. They should refund if you ask so no problem ordering the new ones first.

No need to get other tubes, your current tubes are decimal and will work fine.

that's cool, thanks again for the help :)

Got the new tyres and they fit fine :) Bike is sorted now, I went to post off the other tyres and postage would have cost €11 un registered, so probably about €13 at least for registered, to get a refund worth about €23, so decided not to bother so I'll stick them up on adverts I think :p

• Advertisement

Good luck although they are a bit of an odd size, you might be better just sending them back. I send back unregistered and take the risk.

Yeah, sure I'll give them a day or two on adverts and see how I get on :) thanks again for the help!

Posted them off today back to CRC, wasn't getting any interest on adverts and they were annoying me sitting there :P

Anyway, yesterday, standard post to "the UK" even when I mentioned it was in the North, was €11, today I went to a different place and said it's Northern Ireland and she wrote out a new sticker for me that said Northern Ireland at the bottom instead of UK, and it cost €7.50. So not too bad :) Just hope it gets there!

Yeah, Northern Ireland is the same price as anywhere else on the island and substantially cheaper than Britain, surprised you were misled. Part of An Post's push for a United Ireland, maybe it's just more expensive if you write "UK" on the package ;-)

Yea must be :rolleyes:

Hopefully they arrive ok anyway but just something to note for anyone else thinking of returning stuff to them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement