Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ibiza advice..

• 29-05-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Right people im off to Ibiza on the 28th of June for 2 weeks....first timer and just one of my mates is cuming wit me...any good advice for me??
    im staying in san antonio....purely going for the music not into drugs!
    any help appreciated! :D

Comments

Wouldn't have a clue, except was aware of all the commotion and hoopla last year when DC10 and other clubs were shut down for noise pollution and the like. Did that whole crisis pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Should this not be in Holidays section? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

ha yeh i could have put it in the holiday section but i want to know what the best clubs are and where the best music is played so i thought here would be better as most pepople on this may have been to ibiza before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bongjuice

Well just make sure that you dont spend all your time in San Antonio...although Pete Tong is now resident in Eden so not all bad.... but once you see Ibiza town you'll know what I mean.,...its a totally different buzz there, but be sure to bring a your wallet with u, not cheap but well worth. Also get the boat from the harbour in San Antonio to Cala bassa, its a savage beach and fairly mellow journey over by boat....enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

emmie-lou wrote: »
    Right people im off to Ibiza on the 28th of June for 2 weeks....first timer and just one of my mates is cuming wit me...any good advice for me??

Ooooh matron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Ooooh matron.

:D:D

Kenneth%20Williams%20UPP.jpg

Bring lots of money, you'll need it Ibiza and the clubs in particular is a rip off.

Avoid San Antonio's west end unless your idea of a fun night out involves loud obnixious mostly English lager louts hammered drunk, pissing in the street and getting sick and groping women.

Watch the sunset on the beach but bring your own gargle on the beach as Cafe Del Mar/Cafe Mambo,etc are a rip off.

Best clubs are Pacha, Space, El Divino, Amnesia and Eden IMO although be prepared to pay up to €12 for a bottle of beer or about €18 for a Vodka and Orange.

Get the ferry to Formentara for the day but bring your own food and drinks as again it's mega expensive, crystal clear water and golden sands, mostly an older crowd but very chiilled out and a day away from the madness of Ibiza.

Ibiza Town is very cosmopolitan, go up and see the Old Town which is lovely and eat in one of the many lovely Restaurants.

Avoid the Italian posers over there, wan*ers of the highest order, leeching onto women like they never seen one before in their life.

Anymore info let me know..have fun.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

go to dc10 it amazing..!!

Actually i just remembered i have a flight to Barcelona booked in August for the bank holiday weekend, i might reschedule it until September sometime (check the party calendar) and from there get another flight to Ibiza for 3 days and take in some of the closing partys, anyohne else from here going in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

nice one for all that.....have a question..are you allowed to bring cameras into the clubs or will they be taken off you before you go in??

• Advertisement

nice one for all that.....have a question..are you allowed to bring cameras into the clubs or will they be taken off you before you go in??

Only Space as far as im aware make you put your camera in the cloakroom and they actually charge you for it as well i kid you not, best if you have a small camera or a pretty good camera phone you should be ok then, here are some vids i took from last year in Ibiza anyway with my phone, not bad if i do say so myself.:cool:

TUNE:cool:

Eden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYgnjRNKcBI

On the Terrace Sunday afternoon @ Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8amWNtOfOI

Amnesia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrwrJjSmnGU

Pacha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdqKhH6xkRI

El Divino
    TUNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRxtFRuD_4

My vids from 2006 are far better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I am flying out the day before you and am staying in San Antonio aswell! We're only staying for 1 week though! Its our first time but I've heard to avoid the west end and prices in clubs are ridiculous.

I'm going to presuade my mates to go to Judgement Sunday @ Eden and Cream @ Amnesia on Thursday before we fly home. Other than that I'd say we'll just be in the smaller clubs and bars. Who can afford €50 entry each night and €12 for a beer?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I wasn't aware people actually went just for the music lol.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I went to Space to see Carl Cox. I thought the place was brilliant to be honest but 2 vodkas and a redbull, 35 yoyo's so wasn't getting anymore of them, following drink a beer, 12 yoyo's so thought, ok time to downgrade once again and onto water, tenner. Very pricey but if your into music, it was very good.

Personally I thought San Antonio was grand. Play2 is a free entry place, drinks were regular prices and the music was good.

Ibiza has lots of things to do so it's a matter of fishing around for whats one when your actually there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

jonny68 wrote: »
    Actually i just remembered i have a flight to Barcelona booked in August for the bank holiday weekend, i might reschedule it until September sometime (check the party calendar) and from there get another flight to Ibiza for 3 days and take in some of the closing partys, anyohne else from here going in September?

Carefull that might be expensive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

I agree anyway, Ibiza is expensive but you know it so if you re skimt than go to Tenerife.
    I know drinks are expensive in the clubs but i always manage to find a decent bar with specials where i can have a few scoops before getting into the clubs.
    Little booze tip: If you re taking the Disco Bus from San An to P Den Bossa, DO stop at the little bar in the Ibiza stop and ask them vodka red bull to take away. Your man gave us McDo type Coke Cups, 1/2 full of vodka for 1/2 nothing. Was pissed when i got in to Space !

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Little booze tip: If you re taking the Disco Bus from San An to P Den Bossa, DO stop at the little bar in the Ibiza stop and ask them vodka red bull to take away. Your man gave us McDo type Coke Cups, 1/2 full of vodka for 1/2 nothing. Was pissed when i got in to Space !

I like this tip. I'll be sure to try it out. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tango13

I was there last week for the international music summit, stayed in Santa Eulalia which is like a retirement village compared to ibiza town or san an.
    Went to cafe del mar and mambo in san an, 6 euro for a beer but what a view! Went to the Pacha opening party on friday, thought they were joking when they asked for 24 quid for 2 bottles of san miguel. They even have a pacha shop in the club just in case you might have any money left leaving:)
    The best night I had was on the thursday, Bushwacka played a 7 hour set in a small disco bar called Guarana in santa eulalia, so keep an eye out for the smaller venues as they often have good djs too.
    And another thing, if you are travelling during the day get the bus. From Santa eulalia to ibiza town by bus, about 2 euro, by taxi about 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheBigGuy

Tango13 wrote: »
    I was there last week for the international music summit, stayed in Santa Eulalia which is like a retirement village compared to ibiza town or san an.
    Went to cafe del mar and mambo in san an, 6 euro for a beer but what a view! Went to the Pacha opening party on friday, thought they were joking when they asked for 24 quid for 2 bottles of san miguel. They even have a pacha shop in the club just in case you might have any money left leaving:)
    The best night I had was on the thursday, Bushwacka played a 7 hour set in a small disco bar called Guarana in santa eulalia, so keep an eye out for the smaller venues as they often have good djs too.
    And another thing, if you are travelling during the day get the bus. From Santa eulalia to ibiza town by bus, about 2 euro, by taxi about 18.
    I stayed in Santa Eulaia last year- heading back over this year (5th Sept)- i actually like the way its so much quiter than say san an or ibiza town.

The bus service is pretty good very regular and cheap,

definatly get hammered before you hit the clubs, drinks are just way to expensive- myself and gf went to the space opening 2 years ago and spent about €500 in 12 hours.

DC10 is relativly cheap compared to the rest of them as is the Underground.Both for entrance fee's(underground is free) and for drinks.

Try and pick who you would like to see playing and where and book tickets before you go this can help with the cash flow while you are over there, space also offer a quicker entry if you pre book the tickets so you dont have to queue up like the rest of them!

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ this is a good site for schedules and buying tickets i have used it in the past and had no trouble.

Santa Eulalia is probably my favourite place on the island due to the large number of very good quality and not to expensive restaurants. and of course gaurana nice little spot, and check out all the fish in the harbour they are freaky

The following advice was stolen from another forum but its pretty funny and true....

go to the sunsets as much as possible
    go to space
    go to bora bora
    explore the island
    dont bring condoms - u wont get ur hole
    bring a good speakers and mp3 players and cd's
    dont buy anything illegal off the irish - they'll rip u off more then anyone
    dont go the westend
    wear sunscreen

Advertisement