Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Court bond Reimbursement

• 29-05-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what is the normal procedure for getting an assurance bond (dunno if thats right name) back?
    My brother got in a spot of bother there and the his district court appearance went badly. He was given leave to appeal and i stood as guarantor and paid €300 assurance. His appeal was over four weeks ago and i havent received my money back. I rang the court a week after it and was told that there was a delay in the paperwork and i would receive it in the near future (they were less than helpful, couldnt wait to get me off the phone). I asked my brother to mention it to his solicitor who undertook to write a letter to the court.
    Just what is the story with this? I have no experience of this type of activity and if someone could explain how i should go about resolving it i would be really grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

What you're looking for is a return of appeal bail.

Was the appeal heard in Dublin or "down the country"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Thanks for the reply, both the district and circuit court appeal was held in Castlebar. The district court was where i paid the bond, but i didnt attend the appeal. Do i have to fill in a form for the return of the bond? Should i be on the courthouse back to get it? I got the impression when i rang the courthouse that its something that happens automatically but i wouldnt be surprised if they were just blowing me off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

krazyklown wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, both the district and circuit court appeal was held in Castlebar. The district court was where i paid the bond, but i didnt attend the appeal. Do i have to fill in a form for the return of the bond? Should i be on the courthouse back to get it? I got the impression when i rang the courthouse that its something that happens automatically but i wouldnt be surprised if they were just blowing me off...

I believe the court service refund sureties for bail by cheque in the post to the address given for the bond.

I assume it's the same for assurances to pursue an appeal.

Make sure the address you gave them is the one your post goes to, and await the bureaucratic wheels turn.

Advertisement