Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P6 advanced taxation

• 29-05-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anyone sitting this on Monday?? any thoughts on it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi Lochie,

I am also sitting this exam on bank holiday Monday :mad: It seems like a tough enough paper as would be expected at this late stage of the qualification. CAT & CGT and Vat on Property are the toughest parts in my opinion. I would be up to speed on CT, Income Tax and close company legislation because of my job. Do you know of any tips that lecturers may have given?!

Jockey#1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

VAT on property and pensions are highly tipped by my lecturer in dbs....finding the exam and study really tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Cheers for that, its a bit of a joke that we have to learn these Vat on property rules when the whole thing is changing next month... What do you mean by pensions, for individuals and company directors is it or this some other part of the course that ive missed out on? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

The VAT on property thing is such a joke alright. For pensions:

-Tax advantages of pension funds (contributions being tax deductible, tax free growth within the fund etc)
    -Self administered pension funds
    -AMF and AMRF

(hope this doesn't scare you!!)

Advertisement