Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Depilatory cream for permanent hair removal?

• 29-05-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Could anyone please recommend a good quality depilatory cream that will provide permanent hair removal.

I've got hair growth on my cheekbones and it goes quite high up- it's horrible and I want to get rid of this. I think this may have been caused when I was young and a little bit over-eager to shave.

I've recently tried Hair Stop (which is specifically for the face), but it didn't seem to have any real success.

I also tried laser last year, but it was useless as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

Could anyone please recommend a good quality depilatory cream that will provide permanent hair removal.

I've got hair growth on my cheekbones and it goes quite high up- it's horrible and I want to get rid of this. I think this may have been caused when I was young and a little bit over-eager to shave.

I've recently tried Hair Stop (which is specifically for the face), but it didn't seem to have any real success.

I also tried laser last year, but it was useless as well.

How many laser sessions did you go to it takes more than one and what colour is the hair? but if laser didn't work the only other permanent option is electrolysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

How many laser sessions did you go to it takes more than one and what colour is the hair? but if laser didn't work the only other permanent option is electrolysis.

I underwent 12 sessions in total. I think it was IPL treatment. Tbh, I found the staff in the clinic to be completely incompetent.

The hair colour is dark brown on pale skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't think permanent depilatory creams exist I'm afraid! I wish they did though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

why don't you just shave it? I agree that IPL is totally useless.

why don't you just shave it? I agree that IPL is totally useless.

Because it lokks horrible when I shave it. It feels horrible and it just grows back as stubble. The hair actually grows quite high as well, up near my eye, although the hair is quite/sparse thin here.

Is there anything better than IPL?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

Because it lokks horrible when I shave it. It feels horrible and it just grows back as stubble. The hair actually grows quite high as well, up near my eye, although the hair is quite/sparse thin here.

You could try a real laser like an Alexandrite one IPL isn't a real laser, but if you don't want to try laser again just go to an Electrologist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

A quick search has just thrown up a lot of sites which say IPL is useless. Is it the one where they spread a gel over your skin and they er, zap you over the top of it? I had a trial of that at one place and it was useless. I am now going to a place which uses a candella laser and although it hurts more (the IPL was painless) it's working. I'm halfway through a course of seven sessions and have hardly any regrowth at all.

Oh and there's no such thing as a permanent cream although some chemists do sell creams which they say slows down the regrowth of hair. No idea if it works though. I wouldn't want a depilatory cream near my eye either...

daiixi wrote: »
    A quick search has just thrown up a lot of sites which say IPL is useless. Is it the one where they spread a gel over your skin and they er, zap you over the top of it? I had a trial of that at one place and it was useless. I am now going to a place which uses a candella laser and although it hurts more (the IPL was painless) it's working. I'm halfway through a course of seven sessions and have hardly any regrowth at all.

Oh and there's no such thing as a permanent cream although some chemists do sell creams which they say slows down the regrowth of hair. No idea if it works though. I wouldn't want a depilatory cream near my eye either...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was IPL- they put gel over the area first and then they hold a small square-shaped laser over the area. It was completely painless, but unfortuately it didn't work.

Where are you going to at the moment? I thinking of opting for a treatment with the candella laser.

If I were you...I'd be really careful with laser.
    There is little egulation out there. I've read that doing it on fine hair in a place like that can promote hair growth.
    PM Kazobel and see if she can recommend a place. Laser worked for her.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I'm thinking of using this product. Any opinions on whether it would work?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1054829&classificationid=1029764

• Advertisement
Advertisement