Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Euro 2008 Sweepstake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird says she'll do the bikini thing :cool::D

Lads, Tusky is going to be PMing the people the Bank Details.

It's the Baords Team account.

Please, please, please put your username/real name on the lodgement.

If there are any lodgements without names on them, I'm buying beer with the money :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Shamrok wrote: »
    I'd like to enter, Tusky, but I'm with Ulster Bank and I don't think I can transfer to other accounts with their online service. :mad: Id do PayPal though?

i am with ulster bank and you can. you just have to phone them up and they will do it there and then for you

PS seriously, a bikini :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

DesF wrote: »
    Please, please, please put your username/real name on the lodgement.

If there are any lodgements without names on them, I'm buying beer with the money :D

Im not sure if there is a facility when making online transfers to add additional details. I think it will only show the customers name on the transfer. Lucky for me though, my real name and boards name is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im not sure if there is a facility when making online transfers to add additional details. I think it will only show the customers name on the transfer. Lucky for me though, my real name and boards name is the same.

With AIB there definitely is. Theres a 'notes' field.

irishbird wrote: »
    PS seriously, a bikini :eek:

I know, a bikini is a bit OTT. In the nip ftw.

Tusky wrote: »

Must have a goosey so at my setup.

If anyone has Xavi's email, maybe they should give him a heads up, as he may not be on Boards before all the spaces are gone.

I'm sure he would be interested in this.

Yeah, there is

This is a recent shot of the account

bank.jpg

Bonus points for guessing who "He hates scousers" is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

If it turns out to be a problem and you dont want to do it in the bank, we will just give your place to someone on the reserve list. Hows that ?
    Sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

DesF wrote: »
    Bonus points for guessing who "He hates scousers" is :D

Homerjay :cool:

Tusky, i reckon you should put Xavi down for this, he'd definately be up for it i'd say and sure if hes not ya could just get someone else

Mr Alan wrote: »
    YAY!!
    Tusky, i reckon you should put Xavi down for this, he'd definately be up for it i'd say and sure if hes not ya could just get someone else
    I agree with this, but he better not transfer bleedin' dollars ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'll transfer the money for him if he wants to make it easier.

he's a good lad really.

Ok, would he still have an active Irish bank account though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Im in if there is spaces left.

Pay by paypal?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Im in if there is spaces left.

Pay by paypal?

We are doing it by bank transfer to an account Des set up for the boards.ie football team. If you are ok with that I'll stick you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Yeah but if he wins, then we are all guilty of funding another trip for him to see Elton John :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Count me in if there are any places left and Germany or Italy will do thanks.:D

TWO PLACES LEFT

Taking part

Tusky PAID
    Mr.Alan
    Charlie Mchugh
    Des
    ibh
    jasonorr
    jArgHA
    Shamrok
    gucci
    Xavi
    rednik
    KevIRL ?
    Dub13
    emc2 PAID

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Go on then stick me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

throw my name into the mix.

• Advertisement

Done. Just two places left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We are doing it by bank transfer to an account Des set up for the boards.ie football team. If you are ok with that I'll stick you down.

I'm in like flynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm still in stone-age banking so I'll have to pass, but if you need impartial volunteers for the draw I'm happy to help.

Bumping this as there should be people arriving home from work shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bumping this as there should be people arriving home from work shortly.

Can you PM me the details so I can pay now?

Done.

Done.

Cheers, BOI is gay...apparently I have to activate the beneficiary using a pin that will arrive in the post! I'll call into the bank tomorrow to pay it!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Cheers, BOI is gay...apparently I have to activate the beneficiary using a pin that will arrive in the post! I'll call into the bank tomorrow to pay it!

Grand, post in the thread and let me know when youve paid.

Id like to have everyone paid by next week so we can get the teams sorted before Saturday. It take take a few days for payment to show also.

jasonorr wrote: »

Seriously? I was waiting for Des to get back to me with the account name so I could add it as a beneficiary, but if they are going to be such douches about it bricks and mortar it will have to be.

This is why I hate 365, it always makes a meal out of the simplest of things.

Seriously? I was waiting for Des to get back to me with the account name so I could add it as a beneficiary, but if they are going to be such douches about it bricks and mortar it will have to be.

This is why I hate 365, it always makes a meal out of the simplest of things.

When I was asked for an account name I just put in 'Des'. Its so in future you can select 'Des' rather than inputting the details again.

• Advertisement

When I was asked for an account name I just put in 'Des'. Its so in future you can select 'Des' rather than inputting the details again.

Did you use 365? Did you have to wait for a pin?

Eh, no actually I used AIB. They posted out these cards with individual pin codes when I signed up.

NB: Ive sent out PMs with account details. Pay asap and post here letting me know when youve sent the money. Thanks.

I just tried to add Des to my transfer list and I have to wait for some code.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I just tried to add Des to my transfer list and I have to wait for some code.

Same here. I wonder how long they take to send out? Really don't want to have to trek to the bank and join the Friday rush que.

What did you put down for 'Their Name'?

What did you put down for 'Their Name'?

Just Des,You used to be able to do this very handy.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just Des,You used to be able to do this very handy.

I have a feeling that they want the full account name, as there is also the description bar down the bottom. e.g. Mr John Smith.

Indeed, but I have found 365 to be pain whenever I want to do something simple. I get the whole secuirty precaution, but it's way ott.

Is it possible to make a Paypal to bank account transfer. Or is Paypal to Paypal the only way of doing things?

Ive sent Des a pm asking for the account name. Will post it up here when he gets back to me.

Need two more for this. Any takers ?

I have a feeling that they want the full account name, as there is also the description bar down the bottom. e.g. Mr John Smith.

Indeed, but I have found 365 to be pain whenever I want to do something simple. I get the whole secuirty precaution, but it's way ott.

Is it possible to make a Paypal to bank account transfer. Or is Paypal to Paypal the only way of doing things?

You cant do paypal to bank transfer no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tusky I'll take one of the spots?

• Advertisement

Tusky I'll take one of the spots?

Grand, pming you info now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ill take a spot aswell, if there is none left i will take a reserve spot.

GREAT idea by the way!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ill take a spot aswell, if there is none left i will take a reserve spot.

GREAT idea by the way!

Grand. Sending pm now.

Also, i have my camcorder hooked up to my PC so i could film a live draw with separate pots and everything!

Just an option.

All places taken now but if you are interested, sign up for the reserves. There will be a couple of people that wont pay or drop out for sure.

Tusky PAID
    Mr.Alan
    Charlie Mchugh
    Des
    ibh
    jasonorr
    jArgHA
    Shamrok
    gucci
    Xavi
    rednik
    KevIRL ?
    Dub13
    emc2 PAID
    Keano A Legend
    Mikeyt086

Ok, anyone want to help me out? I dont have online banking, but i do have paypal, so if someone has both, i can send them €10 on paypal now and then they could send that €10 into the Sweepstakes account on my behalf?

Anyone willing to do that?

• Advertisement

Ok, anyone want to help me out? I dont have online banking, but i do have paypal, so if someone has both, i can send them €10 on paypal now and then they could send that €10 into the Sweepstakes account on my behalf?

Anyone willing to do that?

Youre in luck Mikey as I am just about to buy something using paypal so I'll do that for you. I'll pm you my paypal address.

Nice one. Sending payment now.

EDIT: Sent. :)

Redarding the draw, i reckon someone should go classic paper in a bowl and flim it and post it on youtube. I can do it, or if someone else does it i think its the best way, never fails in FIFA/Pro Evo tournaments.

Redarding the draw, i reckon someone should go classic paper in a bowl and flim it and post it on youtube. I can do it, or if someone else does it i think its the best way, never fails in FIFA/Pro Evo tournaments.

I don't see the point in videoing the draw unless it could be streamed live...get a bit of a buzz then!

We wont be making the draw until everyone has paid. We will hopefully do it next wed or thur. Ive no problem doing it like that, filming it and uploading it.

Oh, in regards to paypal lads. Mickey just sent me 10euro, I received 9.30 and 70 cent went to paypal. Thats why I didnt want to use it. There would be another fee when sending the prize money out to the winners as well.

pfft. pirates.

ill send you... erm... 80c now? :p

and im sure we could get a live stream on MSN. that would be cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement