Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Euro 2008 Sweepstake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    pfft. pirates.

ill send you... erm... 80c now? :p

and im sure we could get a live stream on MSN. that would be cool.

haha no worries...but if they took 70 cent off every one of us for each transaction it would be a bit crap.

[edit] Youre paid up now Mickey.

Tusky PAID
    Mr.Alan
    Charlie Mchugh
    Des
    ibh
    jasonorr
    jArgHA
    Shamrok
    gucci
    Xavi
    rednik
    KevIRL
    Dub13
    emc2 PAID
    Keano A Legend
    Mikeyt086 PAID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Tusky wrote: »
    Oh, in regards to paypal lads. Mickey just sent me 10euro, I received 9.30 and 70 cent went to paypal. Thats why I didnt want to use it. There would be another fee when sending the prize money out to the winners as well.

Yeah? They must make a fair bit so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I sent the 80c anyway, fair is fair :)

Paypal must make an absolute killing...

Is noone else gonna transfer the money tonight ? I know a few people need to wait for stuff from BOI but surely not everyone ? Cmon guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Can you put me down as a reserve.

Damn only seeing this now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

can throw me down as a reserve there too tusky.

good man with the organising by the way ;)

Yeah sure. Do yea both have internet banking and if so, is it AIB ? Theres a good chance some of the BOI lads may not be able to pay in time unless they physically go into the bank so Id say there will be a couple of places up for grabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah sure. Do yea both have internet banking and if so, is it AIB ? Theres a good chance some of the BOI lads may not be able to pay in time unless they physically go into the bank so Id say there will be a couple of places up for grabs.

im BOI myself, but the rest of my family are AIB so i could get one of them to do it. saves me the hassle of actually doing anything too :)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    im BOI myself, but the rest of my family are AIB so i could get one of them to do it. saves me the hassle of actually doing anything too :)

Good stuff. BOI seem to be a bit arsey about it for some reason.

DEADLINE FOR PAYMENTS SENT - TUESDAY 3RD JUNE - IF YOU HAVENT PAID BY THEN, YOUR PLACE GOES TO A RESERVE

Big & red, you cant miss it!

Tusky PAID
    Mr.Alan
    Charlie Mchugh
    Des
    ibh
    jasonorr
    jArgHA
    Shamrok
    gucci
    Xavi
    rednik
    KevIRL ?
    Dub13
    emc2 PAID
    Keano A Legend
    Mikeyt086 PAID

Reserves

Rebel
    S Carnage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Heya Tusky

Fair play for the organising. I have just lodged my payment from my Rabodirect account - I put my username in the description of the payment so that should show up on your end.

I actually organised one in work after seeing it on boards and had 16 people signed up (and 13 paid) within half an hour which wasn't bad going. I drew Germany in the work one so happy with that.

I'd love to see a recorded / live draw for this :)

jAH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hello! Cheers for volunteering me. Suppose I have to partake now.
    DesF wrote: »
    I agree with this, but he better not transfer bleedin' dollars ffs.

HOW-I-ROLL_REV2.jpg
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'll transfer the money for him if he wants to make it easier.

he's a good lad really.

So you're paying for me Al? Nice one.
    Ok, would he still have an active Irish bank account though ?

I may do....*tries to remember 365 pins*

Should be fine. Send me the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I paid up this morning. Let me know if theres a problem. I'm fcuking retarded at internet banking so I could have ballsed it up.. Bring on the draw...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ya i'm with AIB internet banking. PM me if there's any chance of getting in and i'll transfer the money.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Stupid BOI making we wait.

Can I send via Paypal today? I will pay €11 to cover the 80 cent charge!

Pretty please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

None of the payments are showing in the account yet.

if it was after close of business yesterday, it may not show up until Tuesday.

I've PMd Tusky the name n the account, and he'll let you all know the details via PM, no way I'm posting my name on the public forum, after what happened with the surf dudes recently. :eek:

Paid so far.

Des
    Alan

None of the payments are showing in the account yet.

if it was after close of business yesterday, it may not show up until Tuesday.

I've PMd Tusky the name n the account, and he'll let you all know the details via PM, no way I'm posting my name on the public forum, after what happened with the surf dudes recently. :eek:

Can you PM me the account name...haven't received any PM's from Tusky today!

Bank details please.

• Advertisement

They make it so feckin awkward. I've set you up as a beneficary but now I have to wait on some feckin 7 dogit code to activate it. Pain in the swiss.

I'd definitely be interested in entering a separate draw for top scorer also, any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

BOI you cnuts! My dad suggested that if I rang up, then I should be able to make the transfer, especially seeing as it is only €10 blips. However, they are insisting on this beneficiary crap.

Therefore I will have to go up to the branch. The problem I have is that I am babysitting my little cousin all day and I am not sure if I can get to the bank. If the deadline is Tuesday, then Monday will probably be to late.

Therefore, anyone who has a Paypal account and AIB account (or any online banking which isn't as retarded as BOI), I am willing to pay €15 to your Paypal account if you can transfer the €10 from your AIB account to Des's account for my share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

I called into BOI Coolock at lunchtime and lodged the tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BOI you cnuts! My dad suggested that if I rang up, then I should be able to make the transfer, especially seeing as it is only €10 blips. However, they are insisting on this beneficiary crap.

Therefore I will have to go up to the branch. The problem I have is that I am babysitting my little cousin all day and I am not sure if I can get to the bank. If the deadline is Tuesday, then Monday will probably be to late.

Therefore, anyone who has a Paypal account and AIB account (or any online banking which isn't as retarded as BOI), I am willing to pay €15 to your Paypal account if you can transfer the €10 from your AIB account to Des's account for my share.

Charlie, I've transferred over €10 for u and me to Des.

my paypal is kevkehoe at gmail.com

Des, I've transferred over €20 to cover myself and Charlie McHugh

There was only a limited space for details to type in, so it will show up on your statement as KevIRL Charlie Mc

Let me know if theres any probs.

Kev.

• Advertisement

Well that's me fooked then. How the hell am I meant to get to a branch to sort it? They're a fuckin joke.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Charlie, I've transferred over €10 for u and me to Des.

my paypal is kevkehoe at gmail.com

You're a gent, sent the €15 to your account just there. Let me know if there are any problems.

Paid (through a transfer from KevIRL)

You're a gent, sent the €15 to your account just there. Let me know if there are any problems.

And recieved. Thanking you.

Good luck in the draw

Well looks like BOI is not an option for me with them being fussy pricks over it. My only other option is to pay someone through paypal. Let me know if that's possible and I'll sort it asap.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well looks like BOI is not an option for me with them being fussy pricks over it. My only other option is to pay someone through paypal. Let me know if that's possible and I'll sort it asap.

I don't have a fcuking clue what the go is regarding paypal or any of that rubbish but i'm pretty sure the g-friend is up to speed on it.. If you want i can lodge the tenner and we can sort it out at a later date..
    I did mine this morning thou and still no confirmation from anyone so i'm not sure if i fcuked up??

Let me know man...

4 Paid as of now, half two, Friday.

Des
    Alan
    jasonorr
    and a NO NAME, ffs.

That's four tenners lodged, that have appeared in the account so far.

I'll update again.

Who is the no name?

Could be the person who called into the bank?

4 Paid as of now, half two, Friday.

Des
    Alan
    jasonorr
    and a NO NAME, ffs.

That's four tenners lodged, that have appeared in the account so far.

I'll update again.

Who is the no name?

Could be the person who called into the bank?

I tried to transfer using AIB online. Don't know if it was successful? Does it take a few days? I only did it this morning. Pretty sure there is a name on mine but if your still stumped later i'll send u the last couple of digits on my acc to see if i'm the dumbass..

Takes a couple days from AIB, afaik.

Usually the lads from the team who transfer from AIB, it does take a couple of days to appear.

We could be talking Tuesday here, I'd say.:confused:

Anyway, I'm off for the weekend, I'll update when I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I transferred from AIB yesterday too des so you should have that by tuesday.

I'd imagine I would be the man with no name as I lodged the tenner in the bank itself, I hope the CCTV was on at the time. Anyway the money is in the account now Germany please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well my local branch is shut now so I cannot do anything until Tuesday morning at the earliest.

I, like Xavi will transfer money via Paypal to someone who can transfer the money on our behalf.

When I said that Tuesday is the deadline, I mean for payment sent. I understand that it may not show up for a couple of days but if you send it by Tuesday, thats fine. Just let me know that its been sent.

11 of the 16 have paid. 4 of the 11 have successfully shown up in the account.

One of the bank transfers had no name on it. Please remember to include your username!

Tusky PAID
    Mr.Alan PAID
    Charlie Mchugh PAID
    Des PAID
    ibh PAID
    jasonorr PAID
    jArgHA PAID
    Shamrok
    gucci
    Xavi
    rednik PAID
    KevIRL PAID
    Dub13
    emc2 PAID
    Keano A Legend
    Mikeyt086 PAID

Reserves

Rebel
    S Carnage

To the rest of yea, get the finger out!

If for some reason you need the account name pm me and I'll send it on. The account number and sort code should be enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I paid you yesterday Tusky but im not PAID on that list.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I paid you yesterday Tusky but im not PAID on that list.

Ah yes, corrected!

Keano A Legend, Dub13, Shamrok, gucci, Xavi - Whats the story ?

Tusky

Didn't get a chance to go to a branch today. Tried to setup a beneficary but as pointed out that we have to wait 7 days for an activation pin. I can get to the branch first thing Tuesday morning.

Tusky

Didn't get a chance to go to a branch today. Tried to setup a beneficary but as pointed out that we have to wait 7 days for an activation pin. I can get to the branch first thing Tuesday morning.

Ok, grand. Let me know.

Ok, grand. Let me know.

You can remove the '?' after me Tusky

I AM NOT A QUESTION!!!!!!!!! lol

KevIRL wrote: »
    You can remove the '?' after me Tusky

I AM NOT A QUESTION!!!!!!!!! lol

You will always be a question, and never a fisherman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Ah yes, corrected!

Keano A Legend, Dub13, Shamrok, gucci, Xavi - Whats the story ?
    Are we getting til Tuesday? Or not?

Well I already explained my situation. BOI won't let me just add a beneficiery over the net and being in Australia I can't exactly go into my local branch. I can however transfer via paypal within a couple of minutes so if that's an option let me know.

Shamrok wrote: »
    Are we getting til Tuesday? Or not?

You are yeah. It was just some gentle encouragement.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well I already explained my situation. BOI won't let me just add a beneficiery over the net and being in Australia I can't exactly go into my local branch. I can however transfer via paypal within a couple of minutes so if that's an option let me know.

Will someone transfer on Xavis behalf if he sends you the money by paypal ? Otherwise your place will have to go to someone else Xavi :(

• Advertisement

I'm off Tues and will lodge a tenner in the branch for Xavi if that suits.

Advertisement