Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba Course Question

• 29-05-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking for some scuba course advice. I completed my PADI open water course back in 2003 and still have my card. I never really took it up after getting my qualification. Now I'm looking to start into it again, how would I go about this? Would I need to do the course again or could I do a refresher course(s)? I live in Kilmainham by the way. Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Hi,
    Yes, I'd recommend a refresher course. You could do that while on holiday, or here in Ireland. Nearest place would be Oceandivers as they use the NAC in Blanch for their dives etc. They also hire gear and do boat dives...
    Or you could try Discoverscuba.net they use the pool in Marion College (near Landsdown Road).
    The refresher (scuba review) can be done in one evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

I think the Discover Scuba place would be closer for me. Would you recommend these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

as scuba.ie said, a scuba review course is definately teh way to go if you feel anyway comfortable in teh water.. you revise all your skills that you have learned in the open water course. u watch a one video and go out to test your skills again. its not a pass of fail situation plus the instructor will give more one on one tuition depending on when you book it.. a discover scuba is extremely basic with no skills practised as such..

Advertisement