Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend good pub grub?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

freebird23 wrote: »
    anyone try chestnuts in the cove bar on dunmore road, its gone trough a few changes over the last year it would appear.

So has anyone eaten at the Cove yet for lunch?
    Is it any good?

Starving now and thinking of where to go to eat, but dont want to waste my time going there if it isnt any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Had a Brie Burger in Geoffs recently and it was a tasty homemade burger. Pricey, but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

never lie wrote: »
    well i had the grub in ned kellys ballybricken yesterday and it was a mighty feed.its great spot since the new owners took it over.

LOL. I wonder does someone own/work for Ned Kelly's!

Click here to find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

shapez wrote: »
    Had a Brie Burger in Geoffs recently and it was a tasty homemade burger. Pricey, but worth it.

I hear New York Pie Company are opening a gourmet burger place opposite the park. Not pub food obviously, but may be of interest to burger lovers ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Spammer for ned kellys removed.

Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I agree I like Becketts food and waitresses, but the food is over priced imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

magick wrote: »
    I agree I like Becketts food and waitresses, but the food is over priced imo
    I went to Becketts today for lunch, very tasty, they must have a top notch chef out there. Cost me 11 euros for main course.

Ramada charge 11 euro for main course too.

I noticed Ramada and Holycross charge more for sunday lunches. Tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

My favourite places for pub food are

The Munster - nice staff, food is good and you don't need to get a mortgage to pay for it

The Granville hotel - they do half plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

deise-lady wrote: »
    My favourite places for pub food are

The Munster - nice staff, food is good and you don't need to get a mortgage to pay for it
    Their stock rotation is absolutely terrible though. The food might be nice but if you want something to wash it down with, I'd recommend sticking to water. The only two drinks that are consumed on a regular basis there are Guinness and Heineken. I couldn't put my finger on whether or not the pints of Budweiser there were the best, or the worst I've ever tasted as they had a creamy aftertaste. Going on how I felt the next morning, they were certainly the latter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paddy Browns ftw.

Or the petrol station across the road, which has fairly decent offers on for quick snacks (rolls are usually freshly cooked)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 salome74

The Munster has a very good value early bird menu ( 3 courses €20) I was there recently and had the best fish & chips that ive had in a long time... it was fresh haddock in a light beer batter , delicious.
    I would be going there for food and not drink .....

Tuk Tuk Thai also has a very good early bird menu.... and the food on a recent visit was very good................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

They does a decent meal down the uluru so they does, lovely so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Showboat. Always good, always good choice and always a little extra like salties (that's how you spell it?) or onion rings, pepper sauce. Gorgeous fish too. 9.50 Euro is probably 'normal' enough.

Before anyone is wondering with all the praise, yes I do know the owner, but that's coincidental, doesn't change the facts. Go there all the time myself.

Advertisement