Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leonard Cohen Fans

• 29-05-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Am a fanatic Leonard Cohen fan but am the only one of my friends that is so would love to share thoughts with other fans here i.e. favourite album, song etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Probably not the proper place for this but I'm a big fan of Leonard. I much prefer his earlier stuff. Love to play some of his stuff on guitar and sing along. Can't play like Lenny, just chords. Favourite album would be "Songs from a Room"

Pretty pi$$ed off that I won't get to see him play in Dublin next month as I'll be in Italy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Oh ok..where should I put the thread?

"Songs of Love and Hate" is my favourite followed by "I'm your Man"..like you not too pushed about last 2 albums..I have 2 practically front row tickets to see him in Dublin in 2 weeks time..I might start crying..:)

ps not trying to rub it in or anything..honest

Not too sure where it goes but this area is for looking for Musicians to join bands etc.

Anyway, enjoy the concert man!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Music forum.
    I love 'song of...' but his voice wasn't great at the beginning of his career (v.nasily) but the tunes and lyrics easily forgive him that. I'm you're man is my favourite album of his though. Voice, lyrics and tunes came together for him on that album. Caught him twice on tour on the back of that album. Dublin and hamburg. He'd been fannying around with explanations to the lyrics of First We Take Manhattan in German press in the run up to the gig, til he reached the stage. He slowly looked around the German audience and slowly said...'These lyrics mean exactly what they say'. I was a youngfella then and not german and found this so funny I burst out laughing drowning the intro for most people around me. I was drunk and stoned mind you.

humberklog wrote: »
    I was drunk and stoned mind you.

:D plus Leonard Cohen live. What more could you want! :pac::pac::pac:

There are some great vids of him on YouTube. There is one from 1971 where he plays the Masters Song live on some French chat show. Just Class.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Quattroste wrote: »
    :D plus Leonard Cohen live. What more could you want! :pac::pac::pac:

There are some great vids of him on YouTube. There is one from 1971 where he plays the Masters Song live on some French chat show. Just Class.
    I'm sure a had an old video of him. It was like an ep of a video. I coulda well been eh...see above. Sure it was called I am a hotel. There was dancers and em...a hotel and eh..him. Think that was it. About4 songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I love the song "Lets Sing Another Song Boys" no idea why as it makes not sense but it just reminds me a particular time in my life and singing it pissed...as one does..!

Advertisement