Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Recipes and Tips

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Kept this for New Years Day Dinner.....
    ....half a suckling boar, left over from my escapades in France 2018

Your the man for the grub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭J.R.

That looks so tasty - meals like that really make the hunt worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/American-Grocerys-Honey-Glazed-Rabbit

I ventured this one just before christmas after finding some legs I'd forgotten about in the freezer - very glad to have done. Once of my new favourites now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not so much a recipe, but this came about after a few people had commented that venison need long cooking times as it was tough.

Well here is a full top side cooked on my hotplate grill served with pan fried vegetables finished with honey, soya sauce and the usual Chinese spices...

470881.jpg

470882.jpg

I cooked it to an internal temperatures of roughly 60 Celsius and allowed to stand for 20 minutes. You can cook yours to personal choice. Just another quick way of cooking primary joints. If you wish just cut the joint across the grain into steaks / escollops and fry or grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Who'd have thought when this thread started (on the hunting forums of all forums) our game recipes and game eating habits are now one of the most environmentally friendly ways of eating a huge roast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

If your like me and don't want to pluck your pheasant here's a quick alternative for roasting.

Skin the bird, remove head, wings and feet, then gut. Wash out just before cooking. Season if desired, insert onion into cavity as an option (lemons etc will work as well).

499835.jpg

Lay the bird on some parchment paper, and cover in rashors (to bard) I used smoked off cuts (Lidal)

499836.jpg

Wrap up in the parchment paper

499837.jpg

Then wrap in tin foil, roast the bird at 150C for 30 minutes.
    Take it out of the oven unwrap the parcel and brown in oven for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven , cover again and let rest for 15 minutes.

Seen here served with fried green beans and peppers and loaded potatoes.

499838.jpg

Advertisement