Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thank you very much

Options
  • 29-05-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi everbody - not sure where to put this but I would like to express my appreciation for a kind gentleman in the landrover/rangerover (not sure which) who stopped today to help me with my flat tyre, as I had difficulty unloosening the nuts on the tyre

- Thank you very much. I was there for about 15 mins trying to sort out everything

and a thanks alsoo to the lorry on the otherside of the road he pulled in on the otherside of the road but the jeep pulled in and I think he was going to help also.

Fair play to ye !
    I hope u get some good luck for your act of generosity.

xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice to hear there still are some good samaritans out there on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I had to hide my axe and hockey mask when I saw the landrover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

and a thanks alsoo to the lorry on the otherside of the road he pulled in on the otherside of the road but the jeep pulled in and I think he was going to help also.
    xxx

A queue of helpers...

Call me a cynic but you wouldn't happen to be an attractive female by any chance?;):D

I recommend one of these to all the females I know: http://www.ksealit.com/extendable-wheel-wrench-42-p.asp

Really good for those tight nuts that require extra elbow grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

ronoc wrote: »
    I recommend one of these to all the females I know: http://www.ksealit.com/extendable-wheel-wrench-42-p.asp

+1
    Got one for my OH for €5 in lidl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

you must have seen the sawn off in the boot so or the wrench in the car door or the hurl in the back seat for them just incase moments!

I wouldnt consider myself attractive ! But defo needed help as I was stamping on the wrench!

I will be lookin in to purchasing that wrench alright thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

ShayK1 wrote: »
    +1
    Got one for my OH for €5 in lidl

are they still in lidl - might get one for my OH!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Thats good to hear! I'd also like to thank the nice fella in Dun Laoghaire who advised me on how to get my car home after it seriously overheated! Its nice to know people will still lend a helping hand :)

are they still in lidl - might get one for my OH!

There were a few left last week but the actually offer was about a month ago.
    If you have a look in your local store you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Every puncture/wheel change I've ever seen on the roads involved a man doing the work for the lady. I don't think there is a woman in ireland who can change a wheel.

*ducks*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Elessar wrote: »
    Every puncture/wheel change I've ever seen on the roads involved a man doing the work for the lady. I don't think there is a woman in ireland who can change a wheel.

*ducks*

:D

My mother cant even fill her own car up with petrol..............unreal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

are they any girl mechanics around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The other day I saw a fella in a "boyracer" Civic changing a wheel for an elderly couple in a Volvo estate. Fair play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hi everbody - not sure where to put this but I would like to express my appreciation for a kind gentleman in the landrover/rangerover (not sure which) who stopped today to help me with my flat tyre, as I had difficulty unloosening the nuts on the tyre

- Thank you very much. I was there for about 15 mins trying to sort out everything

Fair play to ye !

xxx

You're obviously hot... Two guys wouldn't pull in for an uggo:p

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Plug wrote: »
    are they any girl mechanics around?

Robin from fair city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Onkle wrote: »
    You're obviously hot... Two guys wouldn't pull in for an uggo:p

There were 3 by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ronoc wrote: »

Attractive females tighten my nuts every day. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just a note about that Lidl wrench, I bought one a while ago and had it in my garage for a while without using it. Took it out one day to help my brother undo a few particularly stubborn wheel nuts on his car and the pin that holds the two pieces of the handle together snapped off. I was left with one shorther-than-average wheel wrench! I find most Lidl stuff OK, but wasn't impressed with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I stopped to help a couple of old dears one day with a puncture. One of the wheel nuts was jammed and took a while even with all the tools in my van to get off. As I finally got the spare on, a bad ass seven series pulled up behind us (Black windows huge wheels etc) a guy got out, I had no idea what was going on. Turned out was the son of one of the ladies in the car. He owned a large trade store. He invited us over and we got a trolley full of stuff each for next to nothing.

I always try to stop and help people if we have the time, but this was an really unexpected bonus. I actually hate the fact life is so busy now we don't always have time to stop. Still you help where you can.

• Advertisement

just an update to say those wheel braces / wrenches are back in lidl from thursday the 6th.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081106.p.PowerfixWheelBrace

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Fair play to ye !

xxx

You were unloosening them. That was your mistake. Try turning them the other way next time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BrianD3 wrote: »
    The other day I saw a fella in a "boyracer" Civic changing a wheel for an elderly couple in a Volvo estate. Fair play :)

LOL, the ol' cunning Samaritan Act as Prelude to Kidnapping, ah yes.....:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

lol :p

I helped an old lady who left her keys in the in the car and got locked out. When I pulled up she looked at my car like it was satan. Glad to say I got the door open threw the window been down a bit (god bless skinny arms).

Its nice to be nice.

Advertisement