Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weeds Season 4. Starts 16th of June.

• 29-05-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Just over two weeks to go, and a whole load of promo material is beginning to surface. I thought I'd create a new thread instead of sticking it at the end of last seasons one.

First off, some new wallpaper from the showtime website. I like the visual style.

1262s9g.jpg
    deo4sw.jpg
    2ekt0km.jpg

*faints*

Behind the scenes footage of the new season
    Confirms that everyone except Conrad & Heylia will indeed be back for the new season. Also confirms that the new season wil pick up exactly where S3 left off(Silas still has a sling around his arm, Dean is still in a wheelchair, etc). No time jump, it seems.

And some promo shots of the main characters. Silas looks a lot different.

mary-louise-parker-weeds.jpg

elizabeth-perkins-weeds.jpg

justin-kirk-weeds.jpg

kevin-nealon-weeds.jpg

hunter-parrish-weeds.jpg

weeds-season-4-promo-1.jpg

weeds-new-house.jpg

The new house looks like a right hole.

2 weeks to go, can't wait.

Also.....

913pre.jpg

*dies*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Looking forward to the Bluray release of Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Just over two weeks to go, and a whole load of promo material is beginning to surface. I thought I'd create a new thread instead of sticking it at the end of last seasons one.

First off, some new wallpaper from the showtime website. I like the visual style.

1262s9g.jpg
    deo4sw.jpg
    2ekt0km.jpg

*faints*

Behind the scenes footage of the new season
    Confirms that everyone except Conrad & Heylia will indeed be back for the new season. Also confirms that the new season wil pick up exactly where S3 left off(Silas still has a sling around his arm, Dean is still in a wheelchair, etc). No time jump, it seems.

And some promo shots of the main characters. Silas looks a lot different.

mary-louise-parker-weeds.jpg

justin-kirk-weeds.jpg

kevin-nealon-weeds.jpg

hunter-parrish-weeds.jpg

weeds-season-4-promo-1.jpg

weeds-new-house.jpg

The new house looks like a right hole.

2 weeks to go, can't wait.

Also.....

913pre.jpg

*dies*

God I love this woman, thanks for the pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Did you really have to quote the whole thing, though? lol.gif

Nowt wrong with looking again :).

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dolphinius

This has got to be one of the funniest and most original shows on TV. Is there any news of episodes being pre-aired on-line yet ? They did this for previous seasons, to build up a word of mouth following. Looking forward to the new direction that the stories are taking. Think it is time to re-watch season 3 again.

• Advertisement

Don't think there wil be any pre-airs this season. They'd be 'out' by now, surely?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Nowt wrong with looking again :).

I hear that, renegade.

mary-louise-parker-weeds.jpgmary-louise-parker-weeds.jpg

Yummy.

Yummy indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

+1

MLP is one hot babe. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nyum nyum... MLP looks great nowadays.

She looked shockingly plasticky in 'The West Wing' though...

She looked shockingly plasticky in 'The West Wing' though...
    It is best we don't mention that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

I think that Celia is very hot. Nyum nyum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Milf

Two new promos for season 4 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyazVH5101A

It looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxGwP_QgYfM

*dies*

Really can't wait for it, now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Bumping this because Weeds is back tonight. In America. So, Sky 1 should have it in about 2 years! Cant wait :)

Double C wrote: »
    Bumping this because Weeds is back tonight. In America. So, Sky 1 should have it in about 2 years! Cant wait :)

It is a pity that they don't get it within the week like they do with Lost and 24 :(

Time to contact the cousins in Boston again. ;)

You can watch two short clips from tonights episode on the Showtime site. :)

http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/episodes.do

I presume they'll be doing this for every episode, they did last season.

Roll on the mornin'.

"You're sitting in my dying mothers living room eating German food and smelling like gas! She was at Auschwitch for God sake! What kind of a monster are you?" :D I hope they get Albert Brooks for more than just 4 episodes. He's terrific.

It was a good opener. Sets up the rest of the season nicely.

Watched it from my hotel room in Florida on Monday night.. thought it was good but really didn't have many laugh out loud moments.

Albert Brooks was fantastic though..

Quick bit of trivia: Albert Brooks and the kid who plays Shane lent their voices to the father (Marlin) and son (Nemo) in 'Finding Nemo'... put that in your trivia pipe and schmoke it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

basquille wrote: »
    Watched it from my hotel room in Florida on Monday night.. thought it was good but really didn't have many laugh out loud moments.

Albert Brooks was fantastic though..

Quick bit of trivia: Albert Brooks and the kid who plays Shane lent their voices to the father (Marlin) and son (Nemo) in 'Finding Nemo'... put that in your trivia pipe and schmoke it! :D

fuck I just replied to an old thread as it was the only one i found on google and here is a new one, watched all three seasons plus this episode during the week very good show.

Shane botwin is weird now that he's old and tall,

I am not sure i like the way this new series is going,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I am not sure i like the way this new series is going,

Same here, I was disappointed with this episode. Not up to it's usual standard.

I thought most of last season wasn't up to it's usual standards, but the season opener was disappointing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I thought most of last season wasn't up to it's usual standards, but the season opener was disappointing alright.

I haven't seen the new one yet but the way last season ended was poor...

That was an excellent episode. I know I probably say that every week, but that really was great. Perfect mix of comedy & drama.

More like that, please. :D Poor Celia. :(

really?
    maybe i just wasn't in the mood but i did not enjoy it,

New Shane is annoying,
    and I just don't like the new setting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dolphinius

I thought that episode one was fairly slow, no laugh out loud moments.
    Episode two was better, building nicely towards the inevitable series car crash.
    Mary-Louise Parker as ever, rolly-eyed, droll, and just that far out there. Loved the dress.
    Still missing some decent sub-plots for the partners, need to see them doing their 'adolescent thing'.
    Getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LaFutón

*cough* *bump*

soooo, would anyone know when/where/how we will be able to see this?
    any online subscribtions?

my love for nancy botwin knows no boundaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I thought the soft toilet seat thing was hilarious

Lenny - "Its like taking a shìt on a mushroom"
    Andy - "I've taken a shìt...on mushrooms...and on a mushroom!"

Did they ever think that it was ill conceived to be conducting drug dealing in along the US-Mexico border? It is no wonder that the DEA has pics of Nancy and the drug gang leader.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Did they ever think that it was ill conceived to be conducting drug dealing in along the US-Mexico border? It is no wonder that the DEA has pics of Nancy and the drug gang leader.

Those pics were taken in Majestic, though, when Nancy and Guillermo were looking over the burning town at the end of S3.

Another great episode last night, imo. The season is really hotting up. It seems to have a lot more focus than it did last year. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thought this week was worse than previous week's to be honest.. even less laughs than usual. Albert Brooks got some of the best lines of the week but honestly, they've Emmy Award winning writers on the show and yet we get dialogue like this:
    Andy: "Silas, look. Life is just blah blah blah. You hope for blah and sometimes you find it. But mostly it’s blah. And waiting for blah. And hoping you were right about the blahs you made. And then just when you think you’ve got the whole blah-damn thing figured out, and surrounded by the ones you blah, death shows up. And blah. Blah. Blah.”
    The mind boggles! :confused:

Thought this week was worse than previous week's to be honest.. even less laughs than usual. Albert Brooks got some of the best lines of the week but honestly, they've Emmy Award winning writers on the show and yet we get dialogue like this:

The mind boggles! :confused:
    yeah it was a poor episode but that dialogue with the blaha was absolutely superb,
    one of my best moments of all 4 seasons,
    the way he acted you knew what real word every blah stood for,
    incredible.

even less laughs than usual

Not necessarily a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. I love the drama as much as I like the funny stuff. The show isn't an out 'n' out comedy after all, it's a dramedy. After the random and meandering storylines of last season, I'm delighted they seem to have a solid arc planned for the whole season this year. There's a lot less 'wackyness' about it.

And that 'Blah' speech was wonderful, how dare you!
    Best line of the episode belonged to the the council woman when she saw that Doug had a hard-on, though.

"Jesus Cock, you have a Christ on!"
    :D

Excellent episode this week. So great to have Doug back with the gang. Also, was that the first mention of his son Josh since the pilot episode? I think it was.

• Advertisement

i love this thread, there is only a new post when a new episode comes out so i remember to watch it.

Last nights ep was fúcking brilliant. :D Best of the season. Easily.

What the hell is going on under there? :confused:

Oh and MLP looked even more stunning than usual.

fyeg00.png

wub.gif

I guess I'm the only one watching this now.:(

That was a great ep, last nights one. It set up what the rest of the season is gonna be about, nicely. Can't wait to see the hijinx Andy & Doug get into. Also, I presume that was the last we'll see of Dean. :o It seemed like a goodbye, anyway. He'll be missed.

2rw3kw3.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

No it's still one of the few decent things one during the summer.

Question, why did they skip the actual handslap in the preview? ;)

Last nights was a crazy episode. Crazily brilliant. So many sick and lol-worth moments. Great to see Lupita, Marvin & Sanjay back. Hope they stick around. Looks like Marvin will definitely, not so sure about the other two.
    Poor Shane, as if he's not fúcked up enough already. Can you blame him, though? ;) They definitely need to give Isabell more lines too, she's brilliant. She and Celia work so well together.

And the spanking was awesome, couldn't stop laughing.
    Also, LEE MAJORS! Haven't seen him in anything since the 80's!

• Advertisement

Ahh chalkitdown1.

Every Tuesday I see this thread pop up with you praising last night's episode.. and every week, I end up underwhelmed! :(

Ah well, guess it's me.. but just don't find it as entertaining as the glory days of the first 2 seasons.. but it has been renewed til 2011 so guess people aren't tiring of it as much as I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well im glad its renewed, its not just you btw, its a good show but not as LOL as first seasons, still with the last nights episode it might be getting back to the funny

Ahh chalkitdown1.

Every Tuesday I see this thread pop up with you praising last night's episode.. and every week, I end up underwhelmed! :(

Ah well, guess it's me.. but just don't find it as entertaining as the glory days of the first 2 seasons.. but it has been renewed til 2011 so guess people aren't tiring of it as much as I am.

I'm with you! I find this season a real let down, already 6 or 7 episodes in and it feels like it still hasn't really started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

jester77 wrote: »
    I'm with you! I find this season a real let down, already 6 or 7 episodes in and it feels like it still hasn't really started.

Well, it only has one episode left to 'really start' ;)

I continue to watch it, kinda like a bad relationship - I remember the good times and hope they can return. MLP still does it for me, Kevin Nealon is usually enjoyable but the other story lines are just weak, e.g. Silas and the Cheese Lady - where is that going ?

TarfHead wrote: »
    Well, it only has one episode left to 'really start' ;)

I continue to watch it, kinda like a bad relationship - I remember the good times and hope they can return. MLP still does it for me, Kevin Nealon is usually enjoyable but the other story lines are just weak, e.g. Silas and the Cheese Lady - where is that going ?

Wow, is it the next one the last already :eek:

Well, then all I can say is this was a very poor season, very fragmented and all over the place.

It's not the last one next week - this season was commissioned for at least 13 episodes.

Just because TV.com or EpGuides doesn't list it doesn't meant it's not made! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye I have to say bit of an underwhelming season so far anyway. As mentioned I also feel like it hasn't gotten going yet. Shane is one fecked up kid,**** off to his own mother...*shudder* Of course Mary Louise Parker is fine and definatly one for the spank bank,but the storyline...ewww!

Mrs. Cheese shop ftw. One for the spank bank. :)

I guess I'm alone in liking this season, then. :(

I hate you all.

OMG!:D After 3 and a half years of teasing, we finally get some MLP topless action. Best episode ever. For that alone.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement