Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weeds Season 4. Starts 16th of June.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

OMG!:D After 3 and a half years of teasing, we finally get some MLP topless action. Best episode ever. For that alone.;)

i know! brilliant! :p at first i was thinking,nah its a double,then the shot on the bed left no doubt! :D

also some actualy funny bits in this ep,Celia strangling her daughter,Shane hitting the nice popular guy in the head "dont f*ck with me",Celia in the store on drugs...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

WOW.

Someone else who still watches it! :D

It's getting very lonely in here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im still watching and still enjoying its quality although something just doesent seem right and i dont know what it is maybe I just still feel the show needs to be a bit longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Im still watching and still enjoying its quality although something just doesent seem right and i dont know what it is maybe I just still feel the show needs to be a bit longer.

nah i dont think thats it,it was the same length in seasons 1 and 2 and it was great,this season,and last just havnt been great. It happens with some shows in their later seasons. They have tried to change the dynamic this year but im just not feeling it,conrad and helia are missed and the new mayor guy annoys the hell out of me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I wanted it to be longer in season 1 & 2 and find it surprising that a show of its quality is so short, the only one i can think of thats a similar quality and lenght is Entourage and even that is occasionally diferring lenghts.

Conrad and Halia are missed but i dont mind the new guy although he isnt a comic element of the story. A lot of the surprise element seems to be gone now i.e the Tunnel, im sure that was meant as a Wow moment but at best only got a hmm interesting from me.

Shane seems to go from little freak to cool quirky on almost an episode by episode basis now, he got back into the latter bracket in this episode after taking on mr popular in school hi im shane botwin *Wack* dont **** with me.

Doug and Andy are the best thing in the show atm but their coyote story is completely seperate from everything else... as is Silas's Cheese shop exploits (Lucky basa) but im sure his mother will find out about his front sooner or later.

'nother great episode last night, I thought(although I say that every week, don't I?:p)

It was very low-key ep, very personal, very season 1-ish. Nancy's speech to the boys was awesome. I love how they made it look like she was only talking to Shane, but then they cut to Silas sitting beside him with a big WTF? look on his face. It's also worth noting that he called Nancy 'Mom' for the first time since season 1.

I was shocked at Celia's scenes, though. Jesus, she's lost it.:eek:

Again, Doug got the best lines of the ep.

"Cock-juggling thunder c*nt."

:D:D:D

I nearly spat out the toast I was eating at the time. Could not stop laughing.

zx0hee.png

Andy's almost overtaking Doug as my favourite character on the show.:eek: He's been really great this season. They're finally giving him some depth. I love his posse, too. We haven't even seen him have sex this year, which is unpresedented.

Liked the final scene, too. Must get hold of that song that played over it. I'm really warming to this Estaban character. Still miss Conrad, though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

has weeds moved from monday night to tuesday night? all the tv websites say it aired last night but the offical site has it listed as airing tonight? i dont see it anywhere either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It aired on the 18th all right. Weird episode though :pac:

JohnK wrote: »
    Weird episode though :pac:

Indeed, the Nancy bits anyway.

I reckon we'll see an all-new Nancy from here on. Looked like she finally copped on to all the stupid and irisponcible things she's been doing for the past three years, and the dangerous people she's been getting involved with.

At least that's what I took from the hallucination bit at the end. She new the girl was a sex-slave or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

She new the girl was a sex-slave or whatever.

was she?

Trippie wrote: »
    was she?

She didn't look happy to be brought through the tunnel, anyway. She's definitely not Guillermo's cousin, that's for sure. He's obvioulsy into the Human trafficking business. Whether he's doing it behind Estebans back or not is another thing, though.

Could be doing quite a bit behind Estebans back - I'm guessing he doesnt know about the boxes based on the guys reaction when Nancy was at them. So if Guillermo's trafficing people & boxes without Estebans knowledge then he's probably going to try and take over Estebans network or get killed before the season's over. Maybe to be replaced by Nancy?

Oh, and Shane - so did he? :D

Pardon my French but that was a fúcking awesome episode.:D Nancy finally making a morally correct decision. There's a first for everything. The shít's really gonna hit the fan, now. I'm predicting a huge finale cliffhanger a la season 2. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Doug was brilliant in that episode. He's just so mean and unforgiving. He really doesn't think about anything he says, just comes right out and says it. Again, he got the best line of the episode, "I've earned my cockamole on her faceadilla." lol.gif

Anyone recognise the pilot from Celia's meeting? :)
    He was pretty much playing one of his characters from The Mr. Show. Really funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Just found this, im a big fan of weeds,doug and andy own the show now!they are so funny, ima bit disappointed with the last few episodes, nothing in it really about weed in it anymore,hope silas' grow operation gets more coverage, i watch it all here

Posting links like that will get me banned. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Anyone recognise the pilot from Celia's meeting? :)

I was watching it on a 2.5" screen on the DART and his voice was doing my head in. I finally copped him as Larry Sanders' agent Stevie.

The Doug character is just so unapologetically amoral ! Legend !

What has happened to Andy this season ? Have they run out of ideas for him ? Could they get Zooey Deschannel to track him down again ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Is this on at 3am our time?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Wow I just knew Doug would call immigration instantly. :)

Jesus fúcking Christ! :eek: That was brilliant. I literally can't wait until next week. That is by far the darkest the show has ever been. Shít has gotten real.
    Teh return of Quinn? :DFinally! Hopefully.
    Andy's schlong! :Dhttp://i37.tinypic.com/331ovae.jpg
    Silas being responsible for once! :D
    The outstanding Godfather homage scene halfway though the ep! :D
    That ending! :D

That was up there as one of the best episodes of the whole show, and yet there was very few laughs in it. More like this please.

I'm gonna die waiting a week to see how it pans out. :(

Damn that was good :eek:

Its going to be a long bloody week waiting for the next episode :(

• Advertisement

Well, that was the most nerve-wracking episode of the show I've ever seen.
    My favourite bit, and there were many to choose from(IMO), was the scene where Till goes apeshít on Nancy. I was blown away. The bit where he says "He was my......partner", was just incredible. The way it clicks in Nancy's head as to just exactly what he means was wonderful. She didn't have to say a thing, it was all in her eyes. Such a wonderful actress. He was great too. He can certainly be scary when he wants to. And the bit in the car at the end, well.... brilliant . She really has reached the point of no return.

I do wonder though, whether she's actually pregnant or not. We never got to see the end of her scene with Till. It might all be a ruse. Something to buy her time. and get the fúck outta there, or maybe she's setting him up for the DEA.

As for Andy's revelation, I though that was handled wonderfully, too. Andy himself didn't even realise it until Doug said it. He started thinking like "****, just why am I still here following Nancy around". I think it's a 'he can't live without her' love, not a sexual kinda-love.
    We'll see.

That Doug scene had me laughing out loud, though. :D I actually thought he was gonna go through with it!
    Didn't see the Quinn drugging/Kidnapping coming either. Should make an interesting 5th season storyline for Celia & Dean. Who knew there was an even more spiteful bitch than Celia out there? :D Also, I loved the Sergio Leone-esque close-ups during that whole scene.

Mary-Louise Parker was the star of that episode, though. An acting tour-de-force. And some booby shots. Someone give that woman an award already.

Just a shame I knew about the ending before I watched it. As a result, it didn't have the same impact of the previous 3 season enders.

9 months 'til season 5. :(

*Awaits everyone else to hate the episode.*
    :(

Great season ender but I'll crackup waiting for the next season :(

What I dont get though is
    why didnt she try and explain how she knows Capt Till? It would sound perfectly reasonable that Till was just giving courtesy notice to the widow of a former colleague that shes about to be arrested. And I cant remember the episode about the pension but didnt it indicate that Till knew Peter Scottson was a dirty cop and that he was in on some of it. He could have been just warning her not to bring that up in the interrogation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

They should have left it alone after season 3. This season has had a change in emphasis and they've lost something. It started well with the contribution of Ablert Brooks but, since he moved on, it has gone nowhere.

Nancy is an amoral cipher. Whatever subversion was there in the early days, with the hypocrisies of Agrestic, is just gone now and the program has lost all sense of purpose and direction.

Bump.

Unfortunately MLP didn't win at the Golden Globes last night, but holy mother of god.... :eek:

9runhz.jpg

33yl0cz.jpg

2yjsohx.png2yjsohx.png2yjsohx.png

I'd like to do unspeakable things to her.

Advertisement