Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's best for checking email outside of the office

• 29-05-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All

I want to access my email while I'm out of the office, either at home or around the country at meetings and I'm wondering which device to go for. I want to be able to use the device as much for phone calls (personal stuff) as well as checking emails (work stuff). I'm pretty much tied to Vodafone as the O2 reception in my area is terrible.

I'm just not sure what to go for .... a Blackberry, an iPhone (with Vodafone) or any of the other devices out there like Palm, Nokia, Samsung.... Phone calls, texts and email are the main features I need.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I just got a Palm Treo 500v from vodafone as an upgrade for €49 and stuck a threepay SIM in it for their 9.99 1Gb a month data plan. Works brilliantly. I still use my nokia 6300 on vodafone for calls. (When I'm out is when I need the PDA functionality and usually it's when I'm already on the phone, hence having two devices).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

If your company has Blackberry as the method of delivering email then you should go with a Blackberry phone or a symbian phone with Blackberry-connect client software.

If it is a simple open ISP POP email platform then almost any decent new phone will have an email client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrsScan

Thanks Patrickof - I'd like to have just the one phone - I'm not that gone on carrying around two devices when one would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eeeee_194462

sorry for the late reply, i just saw it today. If you haven't solved this yet
    you can do it by changing the pop to pop.yourserveratoffice.com and smtp as smtp.yourhomeserver.com

example at office you have quickclic as provider and your internet provider at home is rogers

pop.quickclic.net
    smtp.rogers.com (not sure if rogers is .ca or .com)

type in your username and password and you should be good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Not sure what your reply had to do with the OP's question eeeee, but either way, this is an old thread so it's better that we put it to rest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement