Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser cards in the USA?

Options
  • 29-05-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys
    Does anybody know whether Irish lasercards (mine is an NIB card) work in the USA, namely New York?
    I didnt think they did but then people have said they do and now im confused!:confused:
    I know I can call the bank in the morning but would really like to know asap :D so any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Do you mean work as a Debit card or as a Pass card? They will work as a pass card (assuming it has Cirrus on it which I think all Laser cards do), but I don't think Laser/Maestro is accepted in the US. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rosepettal23

Sorry probably should have said in the first post that it's a laser/maestro card. would be great if it worked in shops etc as I dont like carrying around large amounts of money but if it just worked in atms that would be great too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Never heard of them working in shops, in ATMs yes once it says Cirrus or Link on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rosepettal23

cool, not too bothered about it working in shops, atms will do fine. thanks for replying :D

Advertisement