Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC door latches.

Options
  • 29-05-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi, I currently have a rather drafty wooden Hall door and was thinking about replacing it with a PVC one.

The problem is that all the PVC doors I've seen have there own built in door handle simular to this

millenco_ll_upvc_door_handles.jpg

and are not capable of taking a standard door latch.

PAY014.jpg

The reason this is an issue is because I have two small kids that like to do things that they shouldn't i.e. make a break for it when I'm not looking.

The only solution I can see is that every time I close the door I'd have to lock it from the inside and remove the key ( so it can be used from the other side ).

Has anybody simular problems?. Is there a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

hi stimpey,if you are getting a pvc door just put a shooting bolt on it,out of reach of the young one

A security chain works great.

Advertisement