Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ten Cate Sacked

• 29-05-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That club is truly a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Damn, you got in 2 minutes before me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

What a joke. Imagine sacking an assistant manager after sacking the manager so the new boss can bring in his own staff. Crazy chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Jaysus I only read 2 days ago that he was safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MBC wrote: »
    Jaysus I only read 2 days ago that he was safe?

Yeah, me too... obviously complete liars (chelskea)

Peter Kenyon is a tw@! I don't think too many will disagree....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Snarf!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep 1week ago:

"Half an hour before Chelsea made the message about Grant officially known, I was called by the chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"He informed me that the departure of Grant will not affect me. I'd rather go on that than all those newspaper reports.

today: your sacked

atleast he's another who will get a nice big cheque from Chelsea for not much work. gotta assue Chelsea are in talks with someone right now then that said they wanted their own assistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its pretty common though isnt it in fairness, the assistants dont normally stick around, unless you Terry Mcdermot of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Chelsea must be planning one hell of a clear out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The way I would look at it is that overall, the board were happy to keep Tenkee Tenkee Carter, and he was informed of such, hence his comments last week. However, whoever Chelsea are in negotiations with has made it clear he will be bringing in his own men. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Chelski=Real Madrid MkII :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The way I would look at it is that overall, the board were happy to keep Tenkee Tenkee Carter, and he was informed of such, hence his comments last week. However, whoever Chelsea are in negotiations with has made it clear he will be bringing in his own men. Simple as.

that sounds about right i would say. wouldnt surprise me if they confirmed a new manager in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah thats a complete shock isn't it. Obviously a joke of a club I mean can you imagine sacking an assistant manager in order for the new guy to bring in his own staff. Shocking and a true joke of a situation.

Some people honestly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

As a Chelsea fan I am completlely embarassed and dissapointed. The club is a fcuking circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

its more of a joke sacking grant that it was ten cate. You can hardly expect the new manager to not want his own assistant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

aye but think of all the money in payouts Mr Roman hasta cough up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Trilla wrote: »
    aye but think of all the money in payouts Mr Roman hasta cough up

Probably made that amount in one day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yep. / thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

armour87 wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan I am completlely embarassed and dissapointed. The club is a fcuking circus.

Let me guess you started following them circa 2004/05? Personally as a fan myself of 20+ years I'm certainly not embarassed at all. If this is getting to you then you need to be a lot thicker skinned to survive in this world.

iregk wrote: »
    Let me guess you started following them circa 2004/05? Personally as a fan myself of 20+ years I'm certainly not embarassed at all. If this is getting to you then you need to be a lot thicker skinned to survive in this world.

WRONG

But my support began in equally vain reasons...when Zola joined.

And it is completely embarassing having an impatient fool who knows little to nothing about football in charge and bringing egotistic tits like Drogba in.

The sooner Roman jets off and leaves us back to where we were, challenging for champions league places, I'l be alot happier.

• Advertisement

WRONG

The sooner Roman jets off and leaves us back to where we were, challenging for champions league places, I'l be alot happier.
    I see where you're coming from in sentiment, but believe me, you wouldn't be much happier. If Abramovich left in the morning the club would be swamped in debt to the tune of 500m(?) or so. The players would be sold on and the club would plummet with spiralling costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

I see where you're coming from in sentiment, but believe me, you wouldn't be much happier. If Abramovich left in the morning the club would be swamped in debt to the tune of 500m(?) or so. The players would be sold on and the club would plummet with spiralling costs.

Or in other words do a Leeds :D

Hate to say it but it could'nt happen to a nicer club ;)

Chelsea would not neccessarily go into 'spiralling debt' if Abramovich left as most of the money invested in the club has come directly from him. Obviosuly there would be issues such as the huge wages at the club etc. but nothing that would see us 'do a Leeds'. The club isn't too far from breaking even as it stands.

Chelsea would not neccessarily go into 'spiralling debt' if Abramovich left as most of the money invested in the club has come directly from him. Obviosuly there would be issues such as the huge wages at the club etc. but nothing that would see us 'do a Leeds'. The club isn't too far from breaking even as it stands.
    But the wages alone would amout to a fortune. If Mr Abramovich pulled out the club would still need to honour those contracts, some of which would have years left on them. Not too many clubs outside europe's elite would want to buy the players since their wages at Chelsea would be sky high. The club would be destroyed over night with the wage and contract bills alone.

I didn't realise you had a copy of Chelseas payroll and balance sheet

I didn't realise you had a copy of Chelseas payroll and balance sheet
    I don't need their payroll. It's all available on public record. Here
    Now, count the number of Chelsea names. In case you think I'm messing here's the linky
    http://www.futebolfinance.com/salarios-dos-jogadores-de-futebol-0708-v11/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

To the poster who wishes for Chelsea to be where they were pre-Abramovich, you do realise the club had debts of £80+ million, and were on the verge of administration. Had Roman not come to the rescue, you club could well be playing Championship football at the moment.

I'm not saying that Roman isn't a meddling, interfering fool, but there is no way any Chelsea fan can realistically wish that he never arrived. You have one of the best squads in Europe, 2 league titles, a couple of cups, and a CL final appearance. Considering what the alternative was, as a group of fans, you have been very very fortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

WRONG

And it is completely embarassing having an impatient fool who knows little to nothing about football in charge and bringing egotistic tits like Drogba in.

If you feel embarassed about that I think you may have chosen the wrong team to support! (You should try following them when they nearly got relegated to the old 3rd division, or had regualr crowd trouble, or really crap players, or the electric fence, or a oversized stand that was ruining us financially but wasn't being filled etc.....).

Chelsea nearly went to the wall twice since I've being following them (30+ years) - the first was early on in Bates tenure (ground control isssues) and then again before Roman took over. Look at Leeds - there but for the grace of God. Perhaps the success over the last few years has spoilt you a bit - nothing embarassing about reaching 2 cup finals and going to the last day in the league.

Have mixed feelings about Grant going but if they are to rebuild totally I really don't know if he is the man for the job ....Am happy to see the latest departure though would be gutted if they don't keep Steve Clarke there.

Considering what the alternative was, as a group of fans, you have been very very fortunate.

Can't argue with that at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yeah, me too... obviously complete liars (chelskea)

Peter Kenyon is a tw@! I don't think too many will disagree....
    Coulnd't agree more about Keynon.

No one will ever be good enough for Abromovich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

WRONG

wrong.

I'm far happier watching champions league each season and not watching arsenal and utd win everything that I was watching ****e football in the old days / would be had abramovich not come in and saved our club for financial ruin thanks to the bates experiment.

One trophy-less season and chelsea fans are getting wound up, who've thought it 15 years ago ??

It ain't perfect, the pies are rubbish and Peter Kenyon is at chelsea, but just having got to a CL final was UNTHINKABLE not that long ago.

Enjoy the good times: and believe or not this year was one of em. (relatively speaking) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

shanel23 wrote: »
    Or in other words do a Leeds :D

Hate to say it but it could'nt happen to a nicer club ;)

:D

I'm sorry but I have to agree. I really f***ing despise Chelsea, especially that c*nt Kenyon and Abramovich.

I'm sorry but I have to agree. I really f***ing despise Chelsea, especially that c*nt Kenyon and Abramovich.

Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

insightful comment, well researched and argued in a very lucid manner, have you considered becoming a football journalist?

Advertisement