Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another one bits the dust

• 29-05-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3625332,00.html
    Sky Sports News understands Henk Ten Cate has been sacked as an assistant manager by Chelsea.

The Dutchman arrived at Stamford Bridge in October to join Avram Grant's backroom staff following the departure of Jose Mourinho.

However, after Grant was sacked by Chelsea last Saturday, there were suggestions that Ten Cate would also be on his way out of the club.

Ten Cate, though, revealed at the start of the week that he had been assured that he still had a role in West London, where he was under contract until 2010.

He told Voetbal International: "Half an hour before Chelsea made the message about Grant officially known, I was called by the chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"He informed me that the departure of Grant will not affect me. I'd rather go on that than all those newspaper reports.

"That appointment was long planned and therefore separate from recent developments.

"In January I had one such evaluation and then we said we would do again after the season. I have a contract until 2010."

But it would now appear that Ten Cate's time at Chelsea has run its course as the club look for Grant's replacement.

Luiz Felipe Scolari, Mark Hughes, Roberto Mancini and Sven Goran Eriksson are among the candidates to take over from Grant.

Hilarious really considering all the trouble they went to in order to get him in the first place. Ridiculously run club.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its not that ridiculous, he was the assistant.A new manager will more than likely want to bring his own assistant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It probably ends the Frank Rijkaard speculation if he is gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

shows wat peter kenyons word is worth anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Jazzy wrote: »

I hope he hasn't said anything to Steve Clarke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Jazzy wrote: »
    Or what Ten Cate's word is worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah that is a joke alright. I bet Ten Cate wishes he'd never gone there now. Wasn't he involved in confrontations with some of the big players as well, such as Terry? Wouldn't be surprised if that's partly why he's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Unearthly wrote: »

i thought the two of them fell out and that's why he left Barca, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Unearthly wrote: »

If anything it will only strengthen the rumours. Rijkaard and Ten Cate had a big falling out at Barcelona.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked,we have a thread on this Here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement