Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great site for predicting Golf tournament winners

Options
  • 29-05-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi folks,

This is a great site for deciding on who to bet on in US and European tournaments:

Golf Predictor

It gives complete stats and probability of winning for every golfer in the field based on current form, previous form in the same event and world ranking amongst other metrics. It even has cool graphs for visual indications of player performance and tournament statistics. You can register and see restricted data for free or subscribe for a small amount to see the complete lowdown on the next tournaments on the calendar. It also looks nice and is very easy to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Bullet1001 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

This is a great site for deciding on who to bet on in US and European tournaments:

Golf Predictor

It gives complete stats and probability of winning for every golfer in the field based on current form, previous form in the same event and world ranking amongst other metrics. It even has cool graphs for visual indications of player performance and tournament statistics. You can register and see restricted data for free or subscribe for a small amount to see the complete lowdown on the next tournaments on the calendar. It also looks nice and is very easy to use.

And you registered just to give us that info ;)

On the face of it it looks like a reasonable idea, as golf betting is (as I've been saying) a matter of collating all the stats/form/courses/weather conditions etc.... and putting them into the mixer and pulling out a short list.

It's subtle spam though, far better if you just came out and forwarded your idea.

How about free subscriptions for 3 months to prove yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bullet1001

If posting about a tool that could help you win on a gambling forum is spam, then God help us all!! It's not as if I was offering to sell you certain pills or "body enhancers"! You try to inform people about something that can help them and what do you get? :)

It doesn't spit out a short list by the way. It ranks every golfer in the field from most to least likely, with all their stats for your perusal.

If I knew the owner, I'd put in a word for you about that subscription. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

to be fair bullet, you did post the same message today on another forum, which you had only just registered on as well.....

If posting about a tool that could help you win on a gambling forum is spam, then God help us all!! It's not as if I was offering to sell you certain pills or "body enhancers"! You try to inform people about something that can help them and what do you get? :)

It doesn't spit out a short list by the way. It ranks every golfer in the field from most to least likely, with all their stats for your perusal.

If I knew the owner, I'd put in a word for you about that subscription. :)

erm .... you (a brand new spanking boardsie) pointed us to a subscription based website with your testimonal of a 'great prediction site' ..... hardly a first in the spamming world.

Ranking Golfers/Short lIsting ..... we're splitting hairs.

If you (or your friend who you don't know) or whatever aren't prepared to offer a free trial subscription, how about you (the testimonee (is that a word) :pac:) post up before each event what this magical piece of software predicts/ranks as the selected golfers ..... and let's see for ourselves the results......can't have any beef about that surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bullet1001

Well, first of all, I've never posted on gambling forums before, so to do so, I'd have to register! This isn't the only such forum, so obviously I'd post my tip on several, although I'm beginning to regret bothering now :).

It's a moot point whether I am the owner/agent of same or not. I can't help it if you don't accept my honest opinion of that site. Simply ignore my post in that case.

You can register for free and get a subset of results/stats/graphs (golfers ranked 11-25 in the probability of winning stakes). It's not a big leap of faith to imagine what you'd get on subscribing (stats/predictions for the whole field). I would imagine that giving free trials would result in people continuously re-registering for the free week (or whatever term the free trial ran for). So, you see, it works both ways.

• Advertisement

Well, first of all, I've never posted on gambling forums before, so to do so, I'd have to register! This isn't the only such forum, so obviously I'd post my tip on several, although I'm beginning to regret bothering now :).

It's a moot point whether I am the owner/agent of same or not. I can't help it if you don't accept my honest opinion of that site. Simply ignore my post in that case.

You can register for free and get a subset of results/stats/graphs (golfers ranked 11-25 in the probability of winning stakes). It's not a big leap of faith to imagine what you'd get on subscribing (stats/predictions for the whole field). I would imagine that giving free trials would result in people continuously re-registering for the free week (or whatever term the free trial ran for). So, you see, it works both ways.

What good is 11-25? ... I suppose we could lay them against winning?:p

Why don't you just post up what it says for the next 4 weeks or so, after all you recommended the site?

Sure if it's any good, it would only make sense to subscribe wouldn't it?..... after all, it would make us money.

If I recommended a business to someone, I'd say why, and provide a few examples.

I guess it's up to yourself ..... provide some examples/give free trial and stand over what your advocating ..... or stop spamming.

Obviously, I believe you 100%.

Advertisement