Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter-railing bagage?

• 29-05-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey this might seem like a bit of a stupid question but im going inter-railing around europe for a month and i was wondering what kind of luggage you would recommend i bring...large backpack, small wheelie case...?
    any suggestions appriciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

i brought a decent rucksack. Hand luggage would kill you arms after a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

Definitely backpack - I went for a month two years ago and brought a 60L - it weighed about 13kilos. My friend brought a wheelie and it was ridiculously awkward. Some cities will not have smooth footpaths - like a wheelie in venice doesn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

lochie wrote: »
    Definitely backpack - I went for a month two years ago and brought a 60L - it weighed about 13kilos. My friend brought a wheelie and it was ridiculously awkward. Some cities will not have smooth footpaths - like a wheelie in venice doesn't work!

brought a wheelie lol id say you laughed at that..

dont bring too much is another thing you'll end up regretting it when your breaking your back lugging a heavy backpack around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

One of those big 60L Backpacks should do it. They sell them in Aldi or Lidl around this time of year. I got one last year, they're well made and comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I got a 60L backpack aswel... perfect for the job! We spent a month interrailing last summer and the aldi ones held up the same as the "branded" ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My Lidl one ripped before i even left just lying around the house, they won't be much more expensive if you go to a good outdoor pursuits shop

60L would be the very max i'd bring, you seriously don't want to be carrying any more on your back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

My Lidl one ripped before i even left just lying around the house, they won't be much more expensive if you go to a good outdoor pursuits shop

60L would be the very max i'd bring, you seriously don't want to be carrying any more on your back
    You dont by any chance work in "The great outdoors" do ya? ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

ya, had an 88L bag and couldnt get it off my back fast enough once in the hostel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

As previous posters said, definitely get a backpack. 60L is a good size but absolutely no bigger. And there's no need to fill the bag! You will be very thankful to have a light bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

M450 wrote: »
    You dont by any chance work in "The great outdoors" do ya? ;):D
    No i've only been in one of them type of shops 3 or 4 times in my life

• Advertisement
Advertisement