Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 euro PC games WTF

Options
  • 29-05-2008 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Age of Conan is going for 60 yoyos, this is surely a dark day :eek: whats worse is it's a subscription based MMO so it's not like they won't be raking in the cash so they've got some balls to be looking for 60 quid, it's also a 32 gb install that has to be a record too,

it seems to be getting good reviews though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it's 60 in Zavvi in dundrum, are they pulling a fast one , though all their other stuff is reasonably priced, it says 32 gb on the back of the box, must be a cautious over estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MooseJam wrote: »
    Age of Conan is going for 60 yoyos, this is surely a dark day :eek: whats worse is it's a subscription based MMO so it's not like they won't be raking in the cash so they've got some balls to be looking for 60 quid, it's also a 32 gb install that has to be a record too,

No-one's forcing you to play it ;)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No-one's forcing you to play it ;)

Of course not but I agree with Moosejam that €60 and a multi multi GB install is a bad day for PC gaming. Price wise perhaps they reckon if people are foolish enough to pay it for console games they'll pay it for PC games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jar_421

i got it for 40 in Smiths off of henry street, shop around a bit. was 50 in game stop i think, which is still not great but a bit more reasonable. plus Game should do a price promise thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

virgin/zaavi, hmv were always more expensive for games.

still 60 for pc games is a complete piss take, but surely in day and age you could embrace internet shopping or direct2harddrive distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

a multi multi GB install is a bad day for PC gaming.
    How is a huge instillation "a bad day for PC gaming"?:confused:

The world is huge and I wouldn't want to be streaming from DVD.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They should release this on floppies for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

wouldnt care about the install , but 60yoyos?! pirces like that encourage piracy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

magick wrote: »
    wouldnt care about the install , but 60yoyos?! pirces like that encourage piracy!

No prices like that are used to justify piracy by people who would probably pirate the game even if it was a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It requires 32gb for install because it needs the space to decompress the files. The size of my game on my hd atm fully patched (patches are about 1.6gb at this stage I think) its 25.4gb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, installing 8400 disks would be hilarious :p
    musician wrote: »
    No prices like that are used to justify piracy by people who would probably pirate the game even if it was a tenner.
    And i'm not so sure that valid with an online only game. While you can still pirate them, it takes a while for 'private' servers to come up, and even then, they suck ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Gah, you've just brought up memories of installing novel netware from floppies, only to reach disk 50 odd and find it corrupted :S

Thanks, I needed that!

Saw AoC at Game yesterday for 49.99.

No doubt it will drop to half nothing in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

it's also a 32 gb install

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zillah wrote: »
    What?

you read my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

it's also a 32 gb install

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

what what ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It requires 32gb for install because it needs the space to decompress the files. The size of my game on my hd atm fully patched (patches are about 1.6gb at this stage I think) its 25.4gb.

That's not so bad (relatively speaking).

Advertisement