Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft mechanic aptitude test

Options
  • 29-05-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I just applied for the ryanair aircraft mechanic apprenticeship,
    Ive got the aptitude part of the selection process in july and i was just wondering does anyone have any information on it so i can prepare.
    any information would be a great help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

aptitude tests are standard and have a certain form all the time, I reckon you keep practicing maths aptitude tests , mechanical reasoning and spatial reasoning(these ones are suited most to aircraft mechanic it seems), you'll find lots of books in the shops with practice tests. Theres some on the net too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mr.miagi

i recently done one
    touch up on baisic electronics and maths also
    spatial and mechanical reasoning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eirek

mr.miagi wrote: »
    i recently done one
    touch up on baisic electronics and maths also
    spatial and mechanical reasoning

So did they go into much detail in electronics or was it just name the components on the diagram etc??? and where would you pick up sample quetions on the spatial and mechanical reasoning stuff??
    did you do the ryanair aptituded test??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mr.miagi

no i didnt do the ryannair one
    baisic "heres a cuircit......what bulbs light"
    or "what happens when this switch is closed"
    or pulleys ,balance
    300Kg here ,2 pulleys, how much effort is required to lift it???
    that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cove26

I am going for an Aircraft Maintenance Trainee ship at Shannon Aerospace I was just wondering is this a good choice and what to expect when I get called for an aptitude test.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips

Ok ok what about Strykers in Limerick anyone know what the hiring process is i'm being called for an assessment next week any tips would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Cove26 wrote: »
    I am going for an Aircraft Maintenance Trainee ship at Shannon Aerospace I was just wondering is this a good choice and what to expect when I get called for an aptitude test.

I did this one a few years back. Just the usual apptitude test stuff, but they also got us to build a metal thingy, it took bit of thinking to get it built straight, there were lots of nuts and bolts of differents lenghts and you make a 3 tower from plates as straight as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 M.hassan

Hi I am going in for an aptitude test in March.
    Do you guys have any suggestions where I should get some practice from? The aptitude is based on aircraft maintenance
    Any help will be appreciated

Advertisement