Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Corr loses his mind on The Last Word

• 29-05-2008 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Poor Jim Corr is losing his mind on Matt Cooper's show. Jaysus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56085485#post56085485 :pac:

I've e-mailed Cooper, he WONT read it out I suspect. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 curiousn

Before you knock him watch the Google video "911 Mysteries" and THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. But don't just knock the whole notion without seeing a second side of the story.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...s&sitesearch=#

Fair play to you Jim, I applaud you for having the courage to present some information so far from what most people believe that you know it's going to get you ridiculed. Politicians and those in the mainstream media don't have 1/100th of his courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

i heard the interview and my jaw was on the floor by the end , not because of what he said specifically but because i never imagined someone from possibly the blandest band to be ever heard on the airwaves could have such views

jim corr is the new DAVID IKE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

jim corr is the new DAVID IKE

LOL, its true. That has to be the funniest thing on the Last Word since Navan Man and Dr. Bill were in their prime!

Bang goes any chance of of a Corrs reunion world tour hitting the States! :D

LMFM will still play them, of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DMC wrote: »
    LMFM will still play them, of course :)
    As do Q103 in Cambridge...I heard them only yesterday but there was no mention of Jim's 911 conspiracy antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

For those who don't want to download the full hour of audio just to hear the 11 mins or so of the interview, I've posted it as a podcast here.

Matt Cooper was reading out more comments from listeners today.

Matt said that a structural engineer from Cork wrote in to say that there's no way a skyscraper like that could be expected to withstand the impact of a large jet plan. From his engineering experience he dismissed the whole theory.

On this matter, a more important expert opinion is that of Frank A. DeMartini, Manager of WTC Construction, who built the towers. Here he is on camera (in January 2001) explaining that the towers were designed to take the impact of multiple aircraft strikes (jets larger than the one which actually hit them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDGInaB0eQM

However, I've no doubt many listeners were swayed by the opinion of the structural engineer from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

curiousn wrote: »
    On this matter, a more important expert opinion is that of Frank A. DeMartini, Manager of WTC Construction, who built the towers. Here he is on camera (in January 2001) explaining that the towers were designed to take the impact of multiple aircraft strikes (jets larger than the one which actually hit them)

See highlighted text above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

curiousn wrote: »
    Matt Cooper was reading out more comments from listeners today.

Matt said that a structural engineer from Cork wrote in to say that there's no way a skyscraper like that could be expected to withstand the impact of a large jet plan. From his engineering experience he dismissed the whole theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDGInaB0eQM

However, I've no doubt many listeners were swayed by the opinion of the structural engineer from Cork.

Yeah impact force; fine, did the skyscrapers collapse immediately? NO!

But the sustained fire from the thousands of litres of aviation fuel weakened the steel frame of the building which lead to its collapse after a period of time.. an hour or so?

curiousn... there's a forum here called Conspiracy Theories, maybe you should check it out...

In other news... I had never heard anyone as crazy talk on National Radio before, when Jim said the words "Neocon conspiracy" I just burst out laughing; he hit all the tinfoil hat wearing buzzwords, from illuminati, to new world order with all the facts to back them up, when he started saying how eight had survived and claimed they had no link, were trained by the US miliatary etc, it was a perfect loony rant.

Tails142 wrote: »

curiousn... there's a forum here called Conspiracy Theories, maybe you should check it out...

You've mentioned the words Conspiracy Theories in what appears to be a negative manner and not worthy of discussion on a reputable message board.

It's not uncommon for parties to conspire to maximise profits or their own self interests. They are mentioned in the newspaper all the time. (Here's an example from just today: http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/connecticut/ny-bc-ct--drugcompanylawsui0529may29,0,2214616.story

People conspire all the time. Even the father of modern economics, Adam Smith, referred to this in his landmark book Wealth of Nations:
    "People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices."

The term "conspiracy theory" has been cleverly spun to quickly dismiss anyone who holds an opinion different to the prevailing view. It's an excellent way of controlling people so that we self censor ourselves and nobody looks like a looney or nut for daring to question our leaders.

In 1930's Germany it would have been "Conspiracy Theory" to dare suggest that the Reichstag was burned.

History repeats itself, but hopefully we learn a little from our mistakes each time.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Curiousn, this is not the forum for this type of discussion.

This is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Please do not continue in this vein here or I will close the thread. Comments about the interview itself are welcome but not rants for or against the issues discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

im surprised jim corr didnt mention the COMPANY from PRISON BREAK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

And that, friends, is what happens when you've nothing to do all day but sit around looking at films on YouTube and visiting conspiracy websites. Perhaps The Corr's hiatus is a bad thing after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

They must have known that Jim Corr held these views before getting him on. There's no other reason why they'd get him on talk about the Lisbon Treaty of all things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

really?

he's a celebrity, that's reason enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He was never a celebrity. He was, "The Corrs brother" and even at that, the Corrs haven't been talked about in this country for about five years.

Some people on the politics forum are better known for the political stance on things than Jim Corr ever was, or ever will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Its a corrspiracy...methinks:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

He was on LMFM this morning.... but it looks like Michael Reade has stopped updating his website www.michaelreade.com His programmes were available to listen again there, and its certainly not on the LMFM site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Ha Ha Ha.Only heard about this now.Classic stuff:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I wish all those patronisers and smart ars*s would leave Jim Corr alone and repsect his opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. People can be quite smug and cynical, oh look Jim Corr has lost his marbles - but maybe he hasn't, maybe he is right, who are we to say that he isn't! The same kind of people were around 400 years ago, saying Copernicus and Galileo were nuts for suggesting the earth revolved around the sun and not vice versa. Smugness is an all too common trait among narrow minded folk.

People are fools, they all too easily believe what they are told. 400 years ago it was the Church dictating to people, today its the American govenment. Go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shinobi2007

Just to chip in here guys,

Frontier Psychiatrist (Jim Corr remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF_NvzSe0to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

If you missed it earlier :eek:

I nearly pissed myself. Excellent stuff Mario.

http://audiostore.todayfm.com/audio/breakfast/GiftJimcorralbum.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 6 atnutin

just watched jim corr on rte player from sat nite, jesus jim get back to makin music you ave to much time on your hands, there is always an alternitive and extreme view on everything elvis still alive, the titanic was switched wit its sister ship, JFK killed by F.B.I. i could go on and on, and there is always people gullable enuf to believe it and always so called experts an scientists tat want to shake up things for their own reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement