Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 30/5/08+

• 29-05-2008 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Real bananas in this shop!
    30 May 2008 Bohemians :pac: 7:15 Sligo Rovers Dalymount Park
    30 May 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Carlisle Grounds
    30 May 2008 UCD 7:45 Finn Harps Belfield Bowl
    30 May 2008 Galway United 8:00 St Patrick's Athletic Terryland Park
    31 May 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Drogheda United St Colman's Park
    1 Jun 2008 Derry City 7:00 Cork City The Brandywell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What are Bohs playing at 7.15,

Whats with the banannas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Fingal are winning in Dundalk at the moment. Come on the Fingal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

What are Bohs playing at 7.15,

Apparently their floodlights are broken...

Rovers now have 9 players injured so a win in Bray will be difficult, but I'd still expect Rovers to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

albertw wrote: »
    Apparently their floodlights are broken...

Big Club my swiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

If this is true and it's a dull evening there is no chance that the game will be playable towards the end of the 90 mins me reckons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

raheny red wrote: »
    If this is true and it's a dull evening there is no chance that the game will be playable towards the end of the 90 mins me reckons...

ah itl be bright at 9:20 ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Shels are playing Wexford at home at 8.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dundalk beat Sporting Fingal 3-2 to put us under pressure again.

Need another win tomorrow night but should win it two or three nil.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

'Mon the Harps! :D

I like this summer football thing, it means ive got another team to support...hopefully i can get across to at least one game this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Good result for Dundalk last night. Missed the first half hour or so of the game cause of work so Fingal were 1-0 up by the time i got in. Bit of a shock to see Marney in goal!!
    Played some decent football for the rest of the first half, but the equaliser was a pure fluke / fcuk up by Williams..
    Cassidy was immense again, he really took on the running of an extra man and was constantly supporting the strikers.
    Again our centre forwards didn't look sharp enough and never look like scoring. Even though Vaughan scored a hat-trick last week, I still fear that we have to rely on midfield for a lot of our goals.

Duffy had another good game on the wing, good to see him get on the scoresheet again.
    Fingal aside from their second goal never really went at us in the second half and when Mulvenna got the winner it was deserved.
    Overall more of a gutsy performance than anything else, but it'sd good to see players actually fighting for the cause. Major improvement overall is still required, but good to get the win and keep Shels honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Big game between UCD-Harps tonight. We badly need the three points as we will struggle to get point elsewhere. Losing would leave a five point gap between us and Harps. Game is too close to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tough game for Pats tonight. Galway have picked up a bit under Kenna albeit they lost at home on Monday to Cobh. Really need to get a win after the disappointment of tuesday. We've done well though this season going to places like Galway as we've won away at Bray, Sligo, Finn Harps etc. Fahey is out tonight, though it's good to see Joey Ndo back. Hopefully we could be back on top by the end of the night. I expect Bohs to beat Sligo, but they've been struggling at home a little bit this season and their away form has been better. Hopefully, Sligo can snatch a draw as they aren't a bad team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Town 1 up against Kildare, slight goalkeeping issues ;) meaning Alan O'Riordan is in goals for us:eek:

FT: Bohs 3 - 0 Sligo
    FT: Bray 1 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    FT: UCD 1 - 0 Finn Harps
    FT: Kildare 0 - 1 Longford Town
    FT: Lim 37 0 - 3 Waterford
    FT: Galway 2 - 2 St Pats
    FT: Shels 1 - 0 Wexford Youths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Gwan Shels. We were crap but still got the win.

Shels made hard work of it tonight. More than enough chances just didn't convert.But Bisto stepped up with a goal after having a frustating night with the ref not helping him at all.

We're top of the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hunter164 wrote: »
    Shels made hard work of it tonight. More than enough chances just didn't convert.But Bisto stepped up with a goal after having a frustating night with the ref not helping him at all.

We're top of the league!

Meh, to be honest, we were just sh!te. Even though we had chances so did the Youths. We were lucky to get outta Tolka with the one nil. We haven't played well in three games but we've won all three, and that's all down to the rock solid defence we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

hunter164 wrote: »

We're top of the league!
    B-I-S-T-O!
    My 1st match and I'm already hooked
    Should've scored in the 1st half though, when (Freeman I think...) was in front of the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-0 flattered Bohs I havta say. Some poor defending in first half at times gifting chances to Sligo, but no composure in front of goal. Fenn was by far the best footballer on display at Dalymount. Joxer showed glimpses of magic and did well to win the peno that clinched it for Bohs. When Hunt comes back and the first choice back 4 returns, Bohs will be very very difficult to beat.

J Byrne was dissapointing tonight again, and Mr Brennan's 2 goals isn't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes who was there tonight.

Was at the Bohs game before I headen home.

To say bohs were flaterred bt the 3-0 would be an understatement.

Sligo played the game I want all teams to play. Freedom.:) Too often we are stuck watching UCD and Bray coming and parking the bus. This was a team that came to match the opponants.

Great game for me the neutral.

more of the same on Sunday Derry & cork!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Unbeaten in 11 league games.

7 league wins in a row.

1 goal conceded in the last 9 league matches.

Still to concede at home in the league this season.

:cool:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Meh, to be honest, we were just sh!te. Even though we had chances so did the Youths. We were lucky to get outta Tolka with the one nil. We haven't played well in three games but we've won all three, and that's all down to the rock solid defence we have.

Wexford seem to be our bogey team.But you're right about our form at the minute but it's the sign of champions when they're playing this bad and still winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Unbeaten in 11 league games.

7 league wins in a row.

1 goal conceded in the last 9 league matches.

Still to concede at home in the league this season.

:cool:

The sign of champions. Ssssshhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Drogs predictably thumped Ramblers last night in St Colmans 4-0.

City away to Derry tonight. I would be delighted with a draw, but we have a decent record lately in Derry, so 3 points aint out of the question. On the other hand, George O Callaghan and Colin Healy both miss out due to illness and suspension respectively.

Derry are with McCourt and a few others.

Prediction : 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For you TV lovers Derry City -v- Cork City kicks off in 5 mins on Setanta.

City look rudderless against Derry.

No leadership, no composure, depressing.

Has Darren Murphy even touched the ball. Gamble is alone in there it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is a good game. 2-0 one minute, then 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Draw would be a great result, some finishing by Mooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The comeback is complete. What a goal and what a game. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus, just checked it there on Aertel. What a result for Cork!! I'm surprised that Derry haven't put up a better challenge this season because, as a Pats fan, Derry have been the best team we played so far this season. They played some really good stuff at Richmond when they beat us one nil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

That was a fantastic game tonight. Great advert for the game.

Mooney's 1st goal & Behan's winner, not to mention Mooney's effort that hit the post, were top top quality.

Great result for Bohs & St Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I reckon Cork will be of more danger to Bohs and Pats than Derry, come the end of the season, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lets all laugh at the nordies!!!

2-0 down, there was no way back. Then Mooney scored two goal of the season contenders. Then we were happy for a draw, and Behan scores another contender. Did we deserve it? Who knows. Will we enjoy it? Fark yes.

Just an awful pity Mooney is a dub, otherwise he would be revered on the Banks Of The Lee.

Our next 3 league games are against Cobh, UCD and Galwy. Less that 9 points and we may as well all retire.

Mathews OUT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

That went rather well! :D
    Have to laugh at Dub-hating Corkmen. Talk about conflicted! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

We'll the sunny Friday evening at Bray was a bit frustrating. Bray had probably 2 chances and scored thanks to a deflection while Rovers managed to miss about 7 or 8 chances! As Scully said afterwards, you don't deserve to win with misses like that.

Highlights at http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5WG0Orjja8 (after the cork game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

albertw wrote: »
    We'll the sunny Friday evening at Bray was a bit frustrating. Bray had probably 2 chances and scored thanks to a deflection while Rovers managed to miss about 7 or 8 chances! As Scully said afterwards, you don't deserve to win with misses like that.

Highlights at http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5WG0Orjja8 (after the cork game)

That was an exceptionally frustrating game. It was the Columbia game all over again, an early, deflected, goal for Bray and then 85 mins of total Rovers bombardment. Hit the post three times. And all this with 9 players out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Got the win against Harps to get back out of the relegation zone. Harps didn't look to be anyway decent, I reckon they will be going down, along with ourselves and Cobh. Galway are looking good and with the players they have should be safe with a couple of games to go.

Shamrock getting dragged into it now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Our goal from last Friday available to see here:
    http://www.vimeo.com/1108135

Advertisement