Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request comments on surfing spots.

Options
  • 29-05-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I wondering if any of you would be willing to provide comments relating to the safety of the surfing spots listed here. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the listing its important for the general safety of all surfers to have dangerous spots highlighted as such. It would be helpful if comment took the following format

Site :
    Level:
    Comment:

example

Doughmore beach:
    Intermediate:

Can get very big, I've seen it change from a beginners wave at 4 foot to a massive closeout. Popular with good locals.
    If its busy, head to Spanish point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Also, if you're afraid of stepping forward to help out in fear that some people may judge you, pm myself or Boston and.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I dont take kindly to veiled threats on boards. Do it again and your banned.

EDIT - Actually, too lenient. Veiled threats are not permissable here under any circumstances. User banned and posts deleted. You can still take this to feedback if you wish, however I recommend that you do it in a somewhat more sensible manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

There's a thread here in Feedback about this. Please note the title.

The admins and owners of this site have decided that the publishing of the maps, and any other information about "secret surf spots" is allowed on this site. This is the second time they have made this ruling, so I would suggest not pestering them about it again.

The topic is closed to discussion, the ruling has been made so you can either accept it and get on with things, or reject it and go elsewhere if you feel strongly enough about it.

Also, you'll note that off topic posting is mentioned in the Charter here. This thread is here for the publishing of information. If you want to help create a comprehensive list, then please feel free to do so. If you do not, you should refrain from posting as it is completely off topic and has been done to death over the past few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

thanks for the list, people need to relax and understand they don't own the waves, I've met a few uptight surfers in my day but i've met some absoulet legends i find its the dead on ones who seem to have the most fun in the water. If possible i'd like some more details descriptions other than that once again thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

great map. keep up the good work.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement