Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9600GT sli vs 8800gts sli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

If you really really have to buy now go for the gts option but you would be better off waiting for the new cards to come out....should be bout 3 weeks but they will be more powerfull than either of those options....my advice is save up for another 3 weeks and buy the best you can afford! SLI is cool and all but spending a little extra on a one card solution will be better in the long run!
    The top end version will be about 500 quid on release so the second in line should be about 400....maybe 350 if we are lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

can someone tell me the difference between
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/2/articledetail.jsp?aid=21731&agid=554
    and
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/2/articledetail.jsp?aid=20671&agid=554

their spec look pretty much the same to me but 1 is 50 euro cheaper.
    whats that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

They're nearly identical, Evga would have a better quieter cooler. Both have Limited lifetime warranty. No other differences, although the cheaper XFX has its memory clock overclocked slightly higher.

Go for the XFX, its cheaper, add an aftermarket cooler later if you find the fan noisy and overclock it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Huge section in Custom PC on SLi and Crossfire this month
    I think the only Sli it gives as been worth spending is 9600 setup

All the rest is worthless ( Sli and Crossfire That is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Joeface wrote: »
    Huge section in Custom PC on SLi and Crossfire this month
    I think the only Sli it gives as been worth spending is 9600 setup

All the rest is worthless ( Sli and Crossfire That is)

I had 8800gtx in sli and found it pointless, only game that needed such a card was Crysis and Sli in that game is a joke, 5fps extra for €300

9600gt sli is a super little set up, two of them are faster than a high end 8800Ultra in nearly every game, 8800gs for €82 each give terrific results as well..

Ati's new HD4850 is suppose to be the best out of the lot..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've gotten a cheap pair of 8800GS cards to test out, will use them until the new cards are out....so far, 3dmark of 12.5k with q6600 at stock and cards at 650/760.....and that'll easily go to 700+/800+...looking good so far.

Advertisement