Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to see this!!

Options
  • 29-05-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

lads, Iknow
    2trucks.jpg
    we can't shoot from a vehicle but what about above it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

good one buddy,as regards legal? i suppose if your far from the road you be ok,looks abit unsteady in windy conditions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

wind! what about that first step at 3am inthe pitch black!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

They'd be some yoke to drive around a private estate doing some lamping

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

ah you wont have far to fall,dont worry the ground will stop you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind you need a landship style US pickup to support this yoke.:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What the hell are they trying to do there, take headshots on giraffe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks like plains type shooting, so the extra elevation aids both the ability to see the target and increases the angle the bullet strikes the ground, so it's an effort to stop ricochets as well I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Watchout for low branches:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

its for shooting in areas where theres lots of low brush..the varmints could be standing 50 yds from you at night but fairly well obscured..so the guys simply shoot down at then..i have a vid at home showing the guys constructing them and talking about their use-they also have both rifle and shotgun up there with them and the shooter contacts the driver by clicking on a radio to stop the vehicle-the lamps are fitted to the shooting bar alongside the shooters seat so where he points, its illuminated.
    its practical for lamping in brushy open country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

lads, Iknow
    2trucks.jpg
    we can't shoot from a vehicle but what about above it???

Maybe Im missing something Fish but I cant see any link :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

Could you imagine being up there on a windy night!
    Be handy for peering over high hedges...wouldnt fancy the low bridges though..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Something that's been bothering me for a while now. I know you can't use any mechanically propelled vehicles while hunting but does this also apply to "parked up" vehicles ? Let's use the example of sitting in a little boat with a small outboard engine pulled up on the bank of a lake or a river while shooting ducks or shooting over the bonnet of the jeep for support while foxing ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Let's use the example of sitting in a little boat with a small outboard engine pulled up on the bank of a lake or a river while shooting ducks

No problem in the boat once you're not using engine power. AFAIK you can row after the quackers and shoot while moving.

Sorry, lads I've lost the link. But it was some crowd in Texas (where else) that make them. Why are ye thinking on buying one, :eek: , the postage on that pickup is going to be a f**ker, not to mention the look on the wife's face when it's delivered:D:D.

Found it http://www.predatormastersforums.com/varmint_masters.html just incase you want to try it out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm. Why does the thought of spending a night driving off into the depths of the texan bush with "The Kings of the Night" seem like a bad way to spend $300 to me?

cause for $300 you'd get a lot of texan bush or whatever kind of bush you wanted:D:D:D

Advertisement