Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT, exceeding download limit.

Options
  • 29-05-2008 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know that this has been posted before but I can't find the thread..

I have the 1mb home package from BT that allows me to download only 10GB per month..

If I go over what do they charge, or do they even charge..?

Thanks,
    Techguy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

They'll throttle you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

techguy wrote: »
    Hi,

I know that this has been posted before but I can't find the thread..

I have the 1mb home package from BT that allows me to download only 10GB per month..

If I go over what do they charge, or do they even charge..?

Thanks,
    Techguy

They will allow you exceeding your usage up to a point (way over 10 or 20 or 30 gb at the moment) and once you do, they will throttle you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Bohrio wrote: »
    They will allow you exceeding your usage up to a point (way over 10 or 20 or 30 gb at the moment) and once you do, they will throttle you.

What would that point be for a 10GB package? 20GB??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's probably no one who can accurately answer that question, but 20G on the 10G would probably be a good guess. At 20G, they might also just ask you to upgrade your plan to that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Im on the 7.6 meg "unlimited" download package (subject to fair usage) and i downloaded 100gb in 20 days and the have taken my speed down to 128kbps which as far as im concerned is killing it not throttling it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Im on the 7.6 meg "unlimited" download package (subject to fair usage) and i downloaded 100gb in 20 days and the have taken my speed down to 128kbps which as far as im concerned is killing it not throttling it.
    You broke the T&Cs.

Whats your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

afaik they havent gone to the FUP limits on the upgrade packs so for now the old limits till apply I believe.

Least thats what i gathered from one of the other BT threads here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Caps & FUP covered in the FAQ/Charter, if you break the T&C's the provider can do what they advise as outlined in their T&C's

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement