Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm fault

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have an Astec 63 alarm system which is reporting "fault 22 call engineer" on the keypad display.
    Does anyone know what fault 22 is or where I can get hold of the installation manual?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Dezza wrote: »
    I have an Astec 63 alarm system which is reporting "fault 22 call engineer" on the keypad display.
    Does anyone know what fault 22 is or where I can get hold of the installation manual?

Cheers.

Ring these folk!
    They make them!

Astec Alarm Manufacturing
    U 3 I D A Centre Pearse St 2 Co. Dublin

* (01)6704202

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dezza

Cheers, I didn't think they would give me the fault codes over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I think '22' is a sounder fault. Any problems with the bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dezza

Your right, the outside bell box isn't working when I set off the alarm.

I changed the battery yesterday hoping it may be that. However even before I change the battery the error seem to have changed to "15" call engineer.

Any ideas on what 15 may be?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39 truckey

also have a problem wit my astec alarm. showed fault 22 replaced sounder and now no fault shows up but it goes off every couple of hours...any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reilly128

Hi, getting the message "22 call engineer", when i press clear, set, full i get message "sabb", no bell i have checked all connections on inside box, fine, but not sure about the outside box, took it off and not sure how to check if the battery needs to be changed or the bell, can you change either or both, is there any point in checking any of the sensors on the windows and doors?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your best bet is to take the bell down & wire it on a short length directly into the panel.
    That will either confirm or rule out a cable/connection problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

reilly128 wrote: »
    Hi, getting the message "22 call engineer", when i press clear, set, full i get message "sabb", no bell i have checked all connections on inside box, fine, but not sure about the outside box, took it off and not sure how to check if the battery needs to be changed or the bell, can you change either or both, is there any point in checking any of the sensors on the windows and doors?

No, it has nothing to do with the windows and doors. It sounds like you must have a communication fault with the outside bell if you have checked the cables in the panel. Sometimes the cable can become corroded so hopefully you will have a few spare cores. I would suggest changing the two cores on the cable going to the external bell in both panel and sabb after testing the sabb on a length of cable directly into the panel if no other devices are on the cable.

hi altor, i took down the bell down & wired it on a short length directly into the panel, and still not working, so i need to replace the bell?, can you buy them on the internet or electrical shops?, thank you!

reilly128 wrote: »
    hi altor, i took down the bell down & wired it on a short length directly into the panel, and still not working, so i need to replace the bell?, can you buy them on the internet or electrical shops?, thank you!

The bell is faulty then.
    The best place to buy it is off ASTEC direct, They are in pearse street, Dublin 2.
    016704202. If your not close to them they will point you in the right direction to sourcing one close to you ;)

• Advertisement

Thank you for the help, i realy do appreciate it.:)

Your welcome, If you have any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Raville

Morning all,

I have Astec alarm and the outside bell is beginning to have a mind of it's own. The alarm is installed 5 years now and we never had a problem. The outside bell just goes off now at random times, with no consistency. It could go off now and not go off again for a few days/week. Fault code 22 appears on inside panel, but alarm wont terminate if i put in code or try to reset, etc.

Any ideas people ? i do not know the engineer code and the installer is no longer answering their phones....possibly out of business :confused:

Hi Raville,

Fault 22 is a communication fault with the outside bell. Sometimes the cable can become corroded so hopefully you will have a few spare cores. If you can take down the bell and wire it into the panel to see if it is the bell or cable. If it is the cable then changing the two cores on the cable going to the external bell in both panel and sabb will hopefully sort the problem.

Thanks Altor. Will get ladder out and have a look. Not electrically minded, so dont know what you mean by wire it to the panel ! Will have a look at the wires to see if they corroded and get back to you if you don't mind !

Thanks for that

Always happy to help :D
    Make sure you turn off the mains going to the control panel before opening. In the control panel, two cores of the cable going to the bell are connected to the sounders bus, it is on the right hand side when you take off the lid. There will also be two for the internal bell. The alarm will activate when you open the lid so just put in your user code to turn it off.

Control Panel enq
    Altor, this may be stupid, but i assume u mean the control panel for the alarm that is near the fuse board inside the house. Do i have to look at the alarm bell outside high up on the wall ?

cool.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

altor wrote: »
    Hi Raville,

Fault 22 is a communication fault with the outside bell. Sometimes the cable can become corroded so hopefully you will have a few spare cores. If you can take down the bell and wire it into the panel to see if it is the bell or cable. If it is the cable then changing the two cores on the cable going to the external bell in both panel and sabb will hopefully sort the problem.

+1
    good advice as always Altor

Astec told me it was best to remove the terminals completely from the SAB frame and plug them directly onto the unit to reduce the chances of a poor connection.

Raville wrote: »
    Control Panel enq
    Altor, this may be stupid, but i assume u mean the control panel for the alarm that is near the fuse board inside the house. Do i have to look at the alarm bell outside high up on the wall ?

cool.gif

Yes, that is correct.
    The cable in the bell may be the problem so you will have to get up at it to have a look. There are two screw covers on either side. These come out to reveal the screws, turn them 180 degrees to unlock.

2011 wrote: »
    +1
    good advice as always Altor

Astec told me it was best to remove the terminals completely from the SAB frame and plug them directly onto the unit to reduce the chances of a poor connection.

Always try my best 2011 :D

The connections can also become corroded in the connector block, it was good advice they gave you.

• Advertisement

Took fuse out of panel inside house. Went outside with ladder and took bell out from box on wall. There was a bird nest inside of it ! Cleaned it out and checked all connections - bell stopped ringing after a few minutes !

Put fuse back in on the control panel inside the house and put bell back up on wall outside.

Cleared fault inside on keypad display and set alarm. Inside alarm went off, but now outside bell does not work ! Put code in again and it shut off interior alarm. Fault 22 - call engineer is still being displayed.

Will it all reset itself in a while if left alone, or should i do something else. I never touched the interior control panel, except take fuse out before i went messing with box outside !

If you remove the fuse plus the battery link, it is beside the sounder bus. Wait 15 seconds then reconnect the battery and mains it should clear the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dzygit

hi all

I had last night error 22

any good service in Maynooth area , is not my house just renting need to fix this error asap.

regards Darius

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Darius

you are in the wrong forum and the thread is 6-3 years old. please open a new thread in the home security forum, its at the sane level as the electrical forum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a problem with the internal or external bell or the connections.
    If you press clear set full what displays on the screen.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's a problem with the internal or external bell or the connections.
    If you press clear set full what displays on the screen.?

Thx for answer
    Now im in engineering mode but looks like bell issue read about this all ready. I can't reach bell outside try reset all system to no help. This was happen after power lost 10x in 3 hours.

1 sab fault ... bell outside was death after try to test bell my self.

If it's the unit itself you will need a global external bell and an S22 interface.

Maybe some one know any good company that will fix this fast around maynooth.
    Need receipt for landlord.

Thx Darius

Take a look at the sticky or search the PSA register of installers for your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

We are renting a house at the moment and our Astec (or Aztec?) was showing a fault. The landlord got an electrician/alarm guy to take a look and he said that they don't make alarms any more. Just saw this thread and I am wondering if that was the case. Not that we are complaining though, as now we have a sensored alarm and sensored windows instead of no sensor and shock alarm windows.

Advertisement