Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm fault

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are not made anymore ,that bit is true.However, most parts are replaceable without the need to buy a complete new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vasi1e

Hey Koolkid I was hoping you could PM me the installers/engineer manual for an aztec 63.
    Thank you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Hi,
    Just asking another question on this thread if thats OK. My outside bell on my Astec 63DV is acting up and based on the suggestions on this thread I've taken down the bell and brought it into the house. I'm looking to wire it directly to the SABB. After taking off the fromt cover, I see all the terminals along the top. The perimeter zones are labelled and then to the top right there's 2 pairs labelled "sounder", so I assume my bell is wired to here. The thing that has me confused is that when I took down the bell on the front of my house I noticed that the 2 wires going into the connection were black & red. However the pairs wired into the terminals are white\green and white\yellow. I was really expecting to see red\black corresponding to the wires on the front of the house. Am I missing something here?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just asking another question on this thread if thats OK. My outside bell on my Astec 63DV is acting up and based on the suggestions on this thread I've taken down the bell and brought it into the house. I'm looking to wire it directly to the SABB. After taking off the fromt cover, I see all the terminals along the top. The perimeter zones are labelled and then to the top right there's 2 pairs labelled "sounder", so I assume my bell is wired to here. The thing that has me confused is that when I took down the bell on the front of my house I noticed that the 2 wires going into the connection were black & red. However the pairs wired into the terminals are white\green and white\yellow. I was really expecting to see red\black corresponding to the wires on the front of the house. Am I missing something here?

thanks

Usually they would be the same at either end.

Ive come across jobs with green/white into a junction then out on the red/black as well tho.
    The only option is to bell out the cables to see what ones are working. Have you noticed any junction boxes?
    In your case it may be in the attic.

• Advertisement

The pair feeding the external bell may be joined through a junction or sensor /contact where the colours may have been switched.
    The second pair wired into sounders is probably the internal siren.

Advertisement