Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamacian Blue Mountain

• 29-05-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking through coffeebeans.ie and noticed a coffee called Jamcian Blue Mountain coffee.

They make it sound really nice....it's €57 for a pound of it but I'd love to try it.

Any one have any opinions on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Like any coffee, if it isn't freshly roasted the results are almost sure to be disappointing. I tried some before and it was just that, nice enough, but certainly not 57 Euros a pound worth of niceness.

How are you planning on brewing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Their based in Limerick and I'm in Waterford so trying before buying isn't reall an option. I just had a look elsewhere and I can buy it from the States for cheaper but by the time it gets here I'm prob just handier buying from Limerick.

Brewing wise....I have a built in Miele unit - just throw the beans in - press a button and it comes out.....as if by magic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I saw this elsewhere and wondered: Why is it so expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

I wouldn't bother.....there are so many variations of Blue Mountain, make sure it is not a 'Blue Mountain Blend' these coffees can have as little as 5% Blue Mountain coffee in them.

It's expensive because it's rare, not because its the best coffee....it is nice but there are better coffees out there for less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I wouldn't bother.....there are so many variations of Blue Mountain, make sure it is not a 'Blue Mountain Blend' these coffees can have as little as 5% Blue Mountain coffee in them.

It's expensive because it's rare, not because its the best coffee....it is nice but there are better coffees out there for less money.

Hi Billy Blanks...could you recomend some of the better coffees?

• Advertisement
Advertisement