Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V and money left on vouchers

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure many who have use 3V know of this issue, it seems that VISA will always always collect there €2.50 redemption fee...even if you never redeem.

As anything less then €2.50 and below left on a voucher cannot be redeemed, as such VISA no matter what are able to collect it.

I have addressed this issue with 3V direct myself a few times, but no word yet as to what is happening. Basically i don't like the fact that VISA are allowed to collect and make profit off MY money...i'd like the option to donate any little amounts left over from vouchers to charity, at least that way others in need can benefit besides some multinational company who already charges way too much for the 3V system as is.

Does anyone agree with me and do you think we could force some change of policy at 3V?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I doubt its visa that are taking the money, they don't run 3v. They might be getting a small part of it but it would be Kieron Guilfoyle the guy owns the idea and the company that runs it. John Nagle from alphyra prob gets a share to as it uses their system.

I still agree with your point tho, it would be a better use of the money. Its something he wasn't very keen to change, I remember saying to him about a longer expiry date too but he didn't want to budge.

Advertisement