Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Q45

• 29-05-2008 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Got this new laptop with 3gb Ram and 320gb hard drive, but when setting up I had to partition the hard drive for some reason and half (114gb) went on Drive C and other half went on Drive D. When does this have to happen? I want all the 320gb on one hard drive (c). Can anyone shed some light on this.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The other partition could be a restore partition. The restore partition is used to return the system to factory condition. Did you get any vista disks with the laptop. If so this can be used to reinstall vista and I consider it to be a much better way (no additional software like trial versions of norton will be installed). If you did not get vista disks then ring samsung and tell them your hard drive is fúcked and you had to get a new one but you have no vista disks to do reinstall vista. They might send them out to you.

You'll then need to use these disks to format the hard drive and reinstall vista. When formatting delete both partitions and create a sinle partition that takes up the entire hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Thanks for that advice, it makes sense now, think i got some vista disk. Other hard drive was for restore purpose. I sent laptop back now so hopefully they format it for me.

Advertisement