Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 31st May

Options
  • 29-05-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

10:45am Harolds Cross dog track, 11:00 Dundrum

I'm on a fairly quick one this week, as have a bbq to get back for!

Anyone else in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I'm in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Diarmuid is over from Nice, and is probably able to go at 11 from Dundrum - is that too late for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    Diarmuid is over from Nice, and is probably able to go at 11 from Dundrum - is that too late for ye?

Will have to be fiarly quick for me, but 11 is ok..

**New Time**
    10:45 Harolds Cross Dog Track
    11:00 Dundrum

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm out for the moment. I'm planning a spin with my father in law, who's worried about Irish roads and being dragged up major climbs and aggrevating his dodgy knee. I think he'll be more comfortable going out in a smaller gang where we can go at his pace.

el tonto wrote: »
    I'm out for the moment. I'm planning a spin with my father in law, who's worried about Irish roads and being dragged up major climbs and aggrevating his dodgy knee. I think he'll be more comfortable going out in a smaller gang where we can go at his pace.

Is he bringing his killer whale? :D

I'm not planning on any climbs tomorrow anyway, Enniskerry, then Glencree is probably my limit this week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

He left the killer whale at home and will be riding the Cinelli.

Ok so Diarmuid and I, possibly 1 more are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Won't be there this week lads, off to Edinburgh on the lash - perfect preparation for the 200.

Sounds like you're taking it easy enough anyway, not long to go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

hi all. ive been lurking on the thread for a few weeks and i'd really like to join you for the spin tomorrow. how long/what type of route is it normally? i am fairly new to dublin and dont know my way around too well except for city center. whats the best way to get to the dog track from st. stephens? my plans are still up in the air, but hopefully ill make it! cheers.

jwwie wrote: »
    hi all. ive been lurking on the thread for a few weeks and i'd really like to join you for the spin tomorrow. how long/what type of route is it normally? i am fairly new to dublin and dont know my way around too well except for city center. whats the best way to get to the dog track from st. stephens? my plans are still up in the air, but hopefully ill make it! cheers.

Use this link, and just type where you want directions from in the 'From:' field.

Ususally head up to Enniskerry, and decide from there, maybe a minimum of 50k, up to 100k + depending on who feels like what. There's some hills, but not too many!

If you can make it, it would be great -the more the merrier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

wow, i really should have been able to figure that out on my own. its a straight shot from down N81. thanks a mil, hope to be there. we'll see how this evening goes... cheers.

jwwie wrote: »
    wow, i really should have been able to figure that out on my own. its a straight shot from down N81. thanks a mil, hope to be there. we'll see how this evening goes... cheers.

Well, it's always easy when you know the way -google maps is dead handy for directions allright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Won't make it,not feeling the best.Enjoy the spin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi, I'm definitely in - no particularly rush home(!). Happy to get the last few bits in before the 200. See tomorrow.

Cadex wrote: »
    Hi, I'm definitely in - no particularly rush home(!). Happy to get the last few bits in before the 200. See tomorrow.

Good stuff! See you in the am

damn it's gonna be a hot one :)

Stonking day for a spin, absolutely perfect conditions (although a bit of a drizzle would have been nice to bring the temp down a bit!) We went up Sally, left at the crossroads up to Lugalla, then over the shoulder of Djouce and back via Enniskerry (after an icecream break of course :D). 7 if us started, 2 turned back in Enniskerry cos of prior commitments.

From Dundrum: 68.5km, 2h54, avg 23.5 km/h

Stonking day for a spin, absolutely perfect conditions (although a bit of a drizzle would have been nice to bring the temp down a bit!) We went up Sally, left at the crossroads up to Lugalla, then over the shoulder of Djouce and back via Enniskerry (after an icecream break of course :D). 7 if us started, 2 turned back in Enniskerry cos of prior commitments.

Agreed, was a cracking day -we decided to head back via the coast road cos it was so nice. Even Killiney hill was grand it was that glorious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Would those times / speeds be typical of a boards spin?

clown bag wrote: »
    Would those times / speeds be typical of a boards spin?

Fairly typical really, usually 20 -23kph is an average, depending on the climbs and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi - thanks for great spin. It was great to get to see that part of the route the way the W200 goes. I think I've done most of it at some point now - except bits I'm sure I got mixed up (so many roads so few signposts or markings!) from Donard to Rathdangan but it'll be ok on the day....Handy to have your didtance info there Ken, don't know what happenned my clock but it stopped recording speed, distance etc. (but not oddly enough heart) somewhere on the route. So we all ready for next week then. Hope we get the same weather. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hey guys. I finally uploaded the data from the gps onto Motionbased. There's a button on the top right to switch to metric. It was a good spin on a great day out. Elevation absolutes are close but cumulatives are way off (gps data).

see also this post from earlier -has a link to an English language report

Advertisement