Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming machine

Options
  • 29-05-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Lo folks,possibly looking into building a new gaming pc for myself.First timer at this sort of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to spend in and around 1000 euro, am flexible with that tho.

Games - Mainly using it for Age of Conan which seems to require quite the beefy comp to enjoy it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

New Nvidia cards are coming out on 17th June, they are supposed to be monsters.High end GTX 280 ( €500 ) should be twice as fast as 8800Ultra and cheaper ( €350 ) GTX 260 should be 30% slower...

I would get which ever one suits your needs and match it with a similar system to this..

vqqcl71ufc6mqughrr7h_thumb.jpg

Should give insane performance for money...

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Thanks for the post, would i be better off getting 2*Gt800's or just getting one of the new ones comin out like u mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Thanks for the post, would i be better off getting 2*Gt800's or just getting one of the new ones comin out like u mentioned?

One of them should do fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Cheers.

Advertisement