Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGCE in England-is it the way to go?

• 29-05-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

Sorry if this is repetative as I sawthis in another thread but just wanted to clarify the differences between Englands PGCE and the Irish PGDE. They give you a grant of 6,000 or maybe 9,000 for science and modern languages in the UK and there is no exam at the end like in colleges here, also they find placement for you. As for Ireland, you pay them lotsa money and have to find teaching practise. I know there is a small exam about the history and structure of Irish ed system when you come back BUT still....What don't more people go to England then????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I know this is a really old thread but it had the info i need. I am contemplating doing this as my girlfriend is in college in the UK. I am a qualified secondary school teacher but am having a strong change of heart now, and i think this could be a good idea for one year. Can someone confirm if the grant issue is true. I read somewhere that you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years to get a bursary:(

Advertisement