Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toblerone back from holidays

• 29-05-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Is it just my family that always brings toblerones back from holidays or is it widespread

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Widespread - 4 people were away near my seat in work recently and 3 brought back Toblerone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye - my parents brought back a big one from their hols. Into the fridge it goes! yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

In our house there are a couple of rules as regards bringing back Toblerones from holidays.

If someone is in an Irish airport (or train station), then a large packet of sweets (peanut M&Ms please) will suffice.

If someone is in a foreign airport, then a large Toblerone is expected.

Milka may be substituted if other gifts are given.

Finally, don't expect to actually eat the Toblerone as my dad usually does that for us. (Even when he's bought it.)

I broke all the rules on my last trip by just buying one big Milka, but I had no money on me!

Toblerones are the best thing about holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Definitely widespread, but I'm not complaining :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It is pretty much mandatory and if there are no toblerones it has to be milka. (There was neither in Venice, I was shocked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Another bar I should of added to my fav choc list..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Ahh, Toblerones, the gift which says "I forgot to get you anything, until I got to the Airport on the way home."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Blisterman wrote: »
    Ahh, Toblerones, the gift which says "I forgot to get you anything, until I got to the Airport on the way home."

It's also the gift you can buy in your local Dunnes if you completely forgot to get them anything :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

My plan is to blackmail toblerone, get some terrorist to put a bomb in a toblerone, and then what happens? toblerones banned from airports and the company goes bust.

First lad had something in his shoe, next thing everybody has to remove their shoes in the airport. Then some lad puts something in a bottle, the shoes are all forgotten about:confused:, and water is banned. Next is toblerones, liquids will suddenly be fine again, so coke might even fund the bomb scare.

Whats the other chocolates, toffeees or something, have a hazelnut in a little round dish of caramel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

ruprect wrote: »
    My plan is to blackmail toblerone, get some terrorist to put a bomb in a toblerone, and then what happens? toblerones banned from airports and the company goes bust.

Genius! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Just back from Germany today and equipped with two large toblerones for the family..thankfully they enjoy the simple pleasures in life!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I believe it's the law to bring toblerone back for family/friends/colleagues/randomers on boards that would love to be sent some. Either that or milka. You can't get milka over this side of the world and everytime I think of the selection in Austria/Germany I drool a little bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Its what you spend your last 20 quid on in the airport..... everyone does it!!
    Its either that or those 1kg dairymilk bars..... My dad brought 3 of those back once!! They were demolished :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus, I'd barely let people into this house if they came back from the airport without one. Although oddly enough, in the last week, I've come home from Holland and my brother from Germany, both Toblerone-less. Although coming from Pier D in the airport, ya cant get them, so thats why.

so yeah, its widespread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

watna wrote: »
    I believe it's the law to bring toblerone back for family/friends/colleagues/randomers on boards that would love to be sent some. Either that or milka. You can't get milka over this side of the world and everytime I think of the selection in Austria/Germany I drool a little bit!

All read while eating...Milka:D

Mushy wrote: »
    All read while eating...Milka:D

/shakes fist!

I'm jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's the largest selling Duty Free item in the world apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

In Stockholm, I won a giant Toblerone, in a fun fair.

2573896392_a0e10c86df.jpg

Imagine my dissapointment to discover that it's just got lots of little ones inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

You can't get milka over this side of the world and everytime I think of the selection in Austria/Germany I drool a little bit![/QUOTE]

It's in my local Supervalu :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hennybug wrote: »
    It's in my local Supervalu :confused:

Ya but that's in Ireland, not New Zealand! :p

• Advertisement

Hennybug wrote: »
    You can't get milka over this side of the world and everytime I think of the selection in Austria/Germany I drool a little bit!

It's in my local Supervalu :confused:[/QUOTE]
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Ya but that's in Ireland, not New Zealand! :p

Yep, by this side of the world I meant New Zealand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Milka bars are only 99c in supervalu..sinfully good. i usually scoff the lot the piggy i am..on the way to the airport as i write so it will be toblerones all round when i get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Toblerone cheesecake is to die for, There is a little cafe, that I lunch in once a week that does it.

Fecking delicious!!

Advertisement