Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rene Dupree is the youngest EVER WWE Tag Team Champion as part of La Resistance, He has wrestled and beaten the likes of RVD, John Cena, Kane & many more during his WWE tenure

Honestly, how many people on the indy scene can be said to have a win over Cena <_<

Anyway, tis a shame about Joey. I had heard rumours he was going back to WWE, so I was semi-expecting him to pull out. Shame it was a much more serious reason though, and I hope he gets well soon.

Awesome about Dupree though. I can't wait to see the French Tickler :P

HEY! AWR guy. How bout getting Karren Angle in for some shows :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: AHHH!!!! AHHHHH!!! AHHHHHH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh.. please, please, please AWR... Get Rob Conway, too!

Là Rèsistànce... you can do it!!! PLEASE!

WWE Theme music, Flags in the air, singing the canadian/french national anthem... go on... GO ON!!!

IwW couldn't do it... Will AWR?

WE WANT CONWAY

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

41GPZBH4G0L._SS500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I would like to suggest a ban strictly on the grounds of such a complete rubbish post above mine.

Yo, KKV! I think you've had that Kane mask on too tightly for too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Agreed playschool stuff really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WWE Theme music, Flags in the air, singing the canadian/french national anthem... go on... GO ON!!!

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

41GPZBH4G0L._SS500_.jpg

I don't exactly agree with your point,

But dam was it funny :p

But the one point that i did was
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

WE WANT CONWAY

41GPZBH4G0L._SS500_.jpg

That may just have been the gayest thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

billyechuck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

EdK wrote: »
    billyechuck.jpg

I think we have a new gayest thing ever!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

KKV = FAIL = Needs to get a life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

WE WANT CONWAY

*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement

Là Rèsistànce = Awesomeness!

At least i have the balls to admit it!

Là Rèsistànce = Awesomeness!

At least i have the balls to admit it!

Problem was Dupree and Conway didn't team as LaRes for very long, about a month or so?

It was Dupree and Grenier, or else Conway and Grenier. As Dupree got drafted to SD!

They really weren't anything special otherwise they would still be employed, not one member survived for any memorable run

Best thing that came out of them was Rob Conways steroid freak theme haha

Grenièr and Duprèe started it, but about a month or so in, Rob Conway joined them. they were a three man team for a few weeks and Grenièr left them (can't remember what happened exactly). Then I believe Conway and Dupree went on for a while together and inevitably broke up and disappeared. I believe Conway was in the team longer than Grenièr, and Duprèe was always there.

Regardless, they still kicked ass., and I'd love to see their act live.

Pretty big claim to fame though wrestling The Rockers

I'm actually disappointed really Dupree is no real replacement for Joey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

KKV..Are you pruod of winning ATH when nobody else entered it??..Its your sig..As if it was a big achievement or something..You won by default I believe..Just wondering...Kinda sad tbh

Grenièr and Duprèe started it, but about a month or so in, Rob Conway joined them. they were a three man team for a few weeks and Grenièr left them (can't remember what happened exactly). Then I believe Conway and Dupree went on for a while together and inevitably broke up and disappeared. I believe Conway was in the team longer than Grenièr, and Duprèe was always there.

Regardless, they still kicked ass., and I'd love to see their act live.

My point was Conway and Dupree weren't officially La Resistance.
    They weren't much of a 3 man team either as Dupree was on the sidelines as Dupree was out injured after a botched table spot during their feud with the Dudleys. By the time he was back full time, they wrestled a few 3 man matches and then Dupree was drafted to SD

Dupree ended up on those dumb Cafe Du Rene skits with Fifi the poodle.

wrestling the rockers?

Or their very enjoyable matches and segments that they had running since they came in?

It just got messy towards the end for them when WWE clearly stopped caring about them and they drifted into crapness. Then they were all given retarded gimmicks. (although Conway pulled his one off fantastically)

I don't even remember a match of Grenièrs' as the fashion guy gimmick :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This thread

wrestling the rockers?

Or their very enjoyable matches and segments that they had running since they came in?

It just got messy towards the end for them when WWE clearly stopped caring about them and they drifted into crapness. Then they were all given retarded gimmicks. (although Conway pulled his one off fantastically)

Yes, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tzcb_wwe-the-rockers-vs-la-resistance-th_sport

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    They weren't much of a 3 man team either as Dupree was on the sidelines as Dupree was out injured after a botched table spot during their feud with the Dudleys. By the time he was back full time, they wrestled a few 3 man matches and then Dupree was drafted to SD

Dupree ended up on those dumb Cafe Du Rene skits with Fifi the poodle.

I believe Grenièr and Conway became official when Duprèe left though?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ziLkXQwVgU0&feature=related

I don't really care though. I thought they were awesome and thats good enough for me.

Ever notice how they all had really borderline gay characters once the group disbanded though? And they all had gimmicks where they loved themselves. hah.. brilliant stuff!

callaway92 wrote:
    KKV..Are you pruod of winning ATH when nobody else entered it??..Its your sig..As if it was a big achievement or something..You won by default I believe..Just wondering...Kinda sad tbh

Pfft.. jealous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

callaway92 wrote: »

Dont be a sap. Any more of this and you're gone on a weeks holiday.

You didn't miss much, i think he was still using that gimmick when he was in the 2006 Royal Rumble though.

I remember the match, what i meant was i dont care that they wrestled the rockers, but that i actually, you know... enjoyed their stuff..

Take off the Kane mask and i'll reiterate again.

My point was... wait for it... that Conway and Dupree barely wrestled together. All three of them wrestled as La Res, at one stage, but Conway and Dupree only did a handful of matches.
    I don't really care though. I thought they were awesome and thats good enough for me.

Ignorance is bliss :)
    Ever notice how they all had really borderline gay characters once the group disbanded though? And they all had gimmicks where they loved themselves. hah.. brilliant stuff!

Problem was most people who used that in WWE bombed. You can add Lex Luger and Mark Jindrack to the line too.

Whats up with Kane mask? i dont get it :confused:
    My point was... wait for it... that Conway and Dupree barely wrestled together. All three of them wrestled as La Res, at one stage, but Conway and Dupree only did a handful of matches.

But they were still members Là Rèsistànce. When IwW had both of them, they planned on having a return of Là Rèsistànce. Just because X-Pac and Kevin Nash weren't together in the WWE nWo very long, doesn't mean they weren't still part of the WWE nWo.

Ignorance is bliss :)

What ignorance?

If i hate a wrestler you like, are you going to hate him just because i do? I'm sure Test, Bobby Lashley, etc. have a lot of fans. Just because the majority don't really care about them doesn't mean no one likes them.

Problem was most people who used that in WWE bombed. You can add Lex Luger and Mark Jindrack to the line too.

Subtlety is the Key. Jericho, Christian, Triple H, etc. all love themselves. Provided the entire gimmick isn't based on it, then its good. I loved Conway's singles gimmick though. It was so cheesy and he played it brilliantly.

Whats up with Kane mask? i dont get it :confused:
    But they were still members Là Rèsistànce. When IwW had both of them, they planned on having a return of Là Rèsistànce. Just because X-Pac and Kevin Nash weren't together in the WWE nWo very long, doesn't mean they weren't still part of the WWE nWo.

The Kane mask is cutting off the blood to your brain! DUPREE AND CONWAY BARELY EVER TAGGED!!! How the hell can they be La Resistance if they never tagged? You getting me now?

For someone else that understands my point, could they please attempt to explain it to KKV, because either i'm doing a really bad job of it, or i have nothing to work with...
    What ignorance?

See above
    If i hate a wrestler you like, are you going to hate him just because i do? I'm sure Test, Bobby Lashley, etc. have a lot of fans. Just because the majority don't really care about them doesn't mean no one likes them.

Not my point.

The Kane mask is cutting off the blood to your brain! DUPREE AND CONWAY BARELY EVER TAGGED!!! How the hell can they be La Resistance if they never tagged? You getting me now?

So... Shawn Michaels and John Cena were never tag team champions because they barely ever tagged?

Short lived doesn't mean it never happened. Some people enjoyed it. I enjoyed Là Rèsistànce. I liked the three of them and would love to see Dupree and Conway (or Grenier, but i reckon Conway is much more realistic) do their act live.

VR!, I sincerely apologise for liking a wrestler/group that you didn't like. How dare I?!

See above

I haven't shown any ignorance. Its others who have. I made a post stating that i would absolutely love to see them bring in Conway and do a La Resistance reunion. Then others showed ignorance to me by attacking my opinion (and making personal remarks about me).

Not my point.

What is your point, exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can the mods make a split thread please?

• Advertisement

So... Shawn Michaels and John Cena were never tag team champions because they barely ever tagged?

No, but they never tried to call themselves the Rockers, did they?
    Short lived doesn't mean it never happened.

Never said that.
    Some people enjoyed it. I enjoyed Là Rèsistànce. I liked the three of them and would love to see Dupree and Conway (or Grenier, but i reckon Conway is much more realistic) do their act live.

As would many, but Dupree/Conway pair weren't exactly La Resistance. That's like saying Crush was a former member of the LOD, eventhough they only tagged 3 times (in 1992 when Smash was Repo Man and Hawk did a runner from the company after Summerslam)
    VR!, I sincerely apologise for liking a wrestler/group that you didn't like. How dare I?!

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Maybe it's time to jump off the paranoia train.
    I haven't shown any ignorance. Its others who have. I made a post stating that i would absolutely love to see them bring in Conway and do a La Resistance reunion. Then others showed ignorance to me by attacking my opinion (and making personal remarks about me).

I wasn't! All i did was point out the fact that the pair rarely tagged, hence it doesn't make it much of a reunion. In fact, i've done everything except physically hammer that point and it's still not getting trough!
    What is your point, exactly?

And if you STILL don't get it, then you're better off living and let live, because i'm not wasting any more time with it. It's been spelt out for you.

VR!, Your post (#468) wasn't necessary. We both agreed and you started dragging it out. The last few posts have been us waffling on repeating the same things over and over.

Comment 476 you turned it into an argument...
    rovert wrote: »
    Can the mods make a split thread please?

Don't worry Rovert.. its almost over.

VR!, Your post (#468) wasn't necessary. We both agreed and you started dragging it out. The last few posts have been us waffling on repeating the same things over and over.

Clearly we didn't agree. And it wasn't me who dragged it out. I explained it, you didn't get it, it was as simple as that. You would have been the one responsible for dragging it out as you kept responding.
    Comment 476 you turned it into an argument...

How?
    Don't worry Rovert.. its almost over.

It was over before it began :rolleyes:

Clearly we didn't agree. And it wasn't me who dragged it out. I explained it, you didn't get it, it was as simple as that. You would have been the one responsible for dragging it out as you kept responding.

I did? ARGH!

ShawnRaven wrote:

Where's the disagreement?

How?
    ShawnRaven wrote:

It was over before it began :rolleyes:

It was never anything in the first place.

I did? ARGH!

Where's the disagreement?

Your original post on this subject.

Where i asked for them to get Conway? or my first reply to you? Argh. It doesn't matter anyway. Its not important.

I'm going to bed now. I'll check back tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Forget it dude, it's only wrestling!

You make it sound like its not important :eek:

It isn't, if you think i lose sleep over anything Pro Wrestling related, you're sorely mistaken!

Oh wrestling? thats not important.

Its the internet i worry about. If i lose out on an argument on here.. man.. i'm looking at at least a few days of depression and staying up all night crying. :pac:

(Yes, Callaway, that was sarcasm)

If i lose out on an argument on here.. man.. i'm looking at at least a few days of depression and staying up all night crying. :pac:

I'll keep an eye out for you in the Nocturnal forum, where EVERYTHING is "official" there. :)

• Advertisement

I love the way Rovert asks for the thread to be split even though he is involved in probably 90% of the lets say heated discussions on this board

2623192309_396014a4e4_o.jpg

But yeah if you have love for La Resistance i have no bother with that, my brother thinks Bret Hart was a boring wrestler ffs (as in, in ring) So everyone has their opinion thats what makes things interesting

I love the way Rovert asks for the thread to be split even though he is involved in probably 90% of the lets say heated discussions on this board

To be fair to rovert, i believe he asked for the thread to be split because it was being centered around La Resistance, rather than the show. It was going off topic.

That said, he's caused that in the past in other topics, but we're all guilty of that, let's face it.
    my brother thinks Bret Hart was a boring wrestler ffs (as in, in ring) So everyone has their opinion thats what makes things interesting

To be fair, Bret has been involved in some fairly boring matches in his career, that Wrestlemania XI rematch with Backlund is a prime example. I'd tend to agree with him.

That said, his original Hart Foundation days from 86-91, Bret could do no wrong in my eyes.

I wouldnt consider that to be off topic,a discussion about a wrestler featured on an upcoming show it's a tangent but relevant to the topic in the end, threads are always going to branch off like that

Consider he thinks the sun shines out of Jeff Jarretts ass his points on Bret Hart are deemed irrelevant by me ha

Wonder would there be any realistic ability to book Cade
    (and maybe Murdoch) onto the tour. :o

Would be a cool surprise if they turned up.
    But is murdoch gonna tag with lance again if it was their own choice, or was C&M all conceived in the wwe?

Wonder would there be any realistic ability to book Cade
    (and maybe Murdoch) onto the tour. :o

Would be a cool surprise if they turned up.
    But is murdoch gonna tag with lance again if it was their own choice, or was C&M all conceived in the wwe?

Cade won't be cleared in time for the AWR show

I'm kinda annoyed now. KKV mentioned that there was special tickets for the Dundalk show that were a tenner more and garunteed front row seating. I just checked Ticketmaster and he was right. I have no memory of them being available when I bought my tickets (not nessecarily saying they weren't; just I don't remember seeing an option between 2 prices).

What annoys me is that this probably means I wont get front row now :mad:I was looking forward to getting front row seats to a show...

It says on ticketmaster that the show at the NBA starts at 5.30. Is that when the meet and greet starts or when the show starts??

It says on ticketmaster that the show at the NBA starts at 5.30. Is that when the meet and greet starts or when the show starts??

Actually , been meaning to post a similar message. The Dundalk show tickets say Doors open at 7. Does that mean the M&G is starting at 7?
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Teamshadowclan, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Provided you're inthe first 10 rows (if there are even that many) you should be fine i reckon. its not something that i'd get upset over really.

Although as i said earlier, for some reason, id just rather not be front row for this kind of event. Dunno why, but i think i'd rather be a few rows back.

10 Rows?! :eek:

KKV, you have lost it. How many people do you expect there exactly?

By the sounds of it, maybe 4 per row? :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement