Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Selling is not allowed on Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Whatever time is on your ticketmaster tickets is the time the doors open for any given show. That means Meet and Greet will begin at that time also. However, you are advised to be there early to avoid disappointment.

So, with less than a week before the our first huge show, what is everyone looking forward to seeing at Halloween Revenge??? Share your thoughts in these closing days before showtime!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

The meixcan midget wrestlers they look class

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A ring :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Lol @
    rovert wrote: »
    A ring :p

Wonder how long that will go on for. :pac:

So, with less than a week before the our first huge show, what is everyone looking forward to seeing at Halloween Revenge??? Share your thoughts in these closing days before showtime!!

Im looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing Bret and Sabu. Should be a good laugh with people like eugene and scotty on the card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

I can confirm that Bret "Hitman" Hart arrived into Dublin earlier today, Be sure to look out for upcoming interviews with Bret on both Rte and radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Woop woop now lets hope he doesnt get annoyed half way through the tour haha

AWR_OFFICE wrote: »
    I can confirm that Bret "Hitman" Hart arrived into Dublin earlier today, Be sure to look out for upcoming interviews with Bret on both Rte and radio

Please keep us updated and congrats on securing the level of media attention you have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cool. I honestly thought he was going to pull out. Must get a ticket at some stage for the Cork show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Bret Hart will be on the Gerry Ryan show on RTE 2FM Radio thursday morning. Other Rampage stars will then appear on RTE's The Cafe (check listings for times) while others will also appear on TV3's Ireland A.M. programme on Friday Morning. Be sure to check these out!

gimmick wrote: »
    Cool. I honestly thought he was going to pull out.

Why exactly, he is on a media tour, said he was looking forward to coming to Ireland in an interview and prides himself on making his commitments?

Bret Hart will be on the Gerry Ryan show on RTE 2FM Radio thursday morning. Other Rampage stars will then appear on RTE's The Cafe (check listings for times) while others will also appear on TV3's Ireland A.M. programme on Friday Morning. Be sure to check these out!

I hope Sabu and Balls are on Ireland AM :p

Why exactly, he is on a media tour, said he was looking forward to coming to Ireland in an interview and prides himself on making his commitments?

Irish wrestling promotions have not exactly coverd themselves in glory when it has come to booking big names. IWW booking Hardy and Foley to name but 2 in the past. Foley pulling out of this particular tour.

I'm delighthed they have done it. Long may it last.

I hope Sabu and Balls are on Ireland AM :p

Balls isnt coming to Ireland is he?

• Advertisement

Irish wrestling promotions have not exactly coverd themselves in glory when it has come to booking big names. IWW booking Hardy and Foley to name but 2 in the past. Foley pulling out of this particular tour.

Yeah they should have outbid WWE :rolleyes: I dont think there was any chance Bret was going to commentate on Smackdown or feud with Edge.

Cool. I honestly thought he was going to pull out. Must get a ticket at some stage for the Cork show.

Well the Cork show is on next Friday (31st) so theres not really alot of time

Yeah they should have outbid WWE :rolleyes: I dont think there was any chance Bret was going to commentate on Smackdown or feud with Edge.

I am glad you had such faith all along. All I am saying is that I did not.
    EdK wrote: »
    Well the Cork show is on next Friday (31st) so theres not really alot of time

If I can get a ticket on the day I'll go, if not I won't be too put out.
    Balls isnt coming to Ireland is he?

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that he is not.

AWR_OFFICE wrote: »
    Just to inform you guys of the happenings on the AWR tour set for Oct/Nov

A show has been added 2nd Nov 2008 - St Lawrence GAA Club, Narrowmore, Kildare

So clear so confusion the final line up for Ireland will be
    Bret "Hitman" Hart
    Sabu
    Eugene
    Tatanka
    Joey Mercury (replaced with Rene Dupree)
    Bad Bones
    Joey Cabray
    Dunkan Disorderly
    Paddy Morrow
    Sean Maxer
    The Mexican Minis
    Scotty Too Hotty.

Sunny, Test, Balls Mahoney and Sandman are set for the second part of the European tour and will not be on Irish Dates

130600979a8520670632l.jpg

List of stars for the Irish shows incase anyone has forgotten

Not faith, it is called common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And that concludes Gimmicks moan of the week!! ;)

Yeah I was skeptical too but when Bret listed the dates on his own website it became a non-issue

Not faith, it is called common sense.

Whatever :rolleyes:
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    And that concludes Gimmicks moan of the week!! ;)

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Tell me , Bret Hart just making a special appearance right, as in not actually wrestling?

Yeah no wrestling,Bret hasnt wrestled in like 8-9 years after a concussion and then had a stroke a few years ago after a crash

Yeah no wrestling,Bret hasnt wrestled in like 8-9 years after a concussion and then had a stroke a few years ago after a crash

Also for insurance and legal reasons he cant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Also for insurance and legal reasons he cant.

So he wont put me in the sharp-shooter if I request at the meet and greet :(

dancor wrote: »

His Lloyds of London settlement restricts that I think :pac:

dancor wrote: »

Congradulations, you are the 1,000,000th person to think, ask or joke about that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll call it now. This is what will happen...

1. Shows start off with Bret coming out and thanking everyone for coming to the show.
    2. Big heel of the show comes out and states that Hart is a washed up has been and needs to bugger off back to Canada to moan some more about HBK.
    3. Main event - Major heel vs face. The heel cheats and looks about to win, when Bret comes out, saves the face and helps him win. Locks in sharpshooter on Heel, and everyone goes home happy.

• Advertisement

1. Shows start off with Bret coming out and thanking everyone for coming to the show.
    2. Big heel of the show comes out and states that Hart is a washed up has been and needs to bugger off back to Canada to moan some more about HBK.
    3. Main event - Major heel vs face. The heel cheats and looks about to win, when Bret comes out, saves the face and helps him win. Locks in sharpshooter on Heel, and everyone goes home happy.

Great scenario, but only one flaw.
    Could it work for 13ish shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I am going to the Limerick Show on Friday, I am not sure whether to feel excited about it or not tbh. It starts fairly early, or well the doors open at 5.30 so I have feeling be there a while.

Bill wrote: »
    I am going to the Limerick Show on Friday, I am not sure whether to feel excited about it or not tbh. It starts fairly early, or well the doors open at 5.30 so I have feeling be there a while.

If your not intrested in meeting any of the wrestlers arrive at 6.30 because thats probably when the show will start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Great scenario, but only one flaw.
    Could it work for 13ish shows?

Well, as I figure most shows do, they'll prob be working on the presumption that people won't be going to more than one show, so they can do the same stuff every night. Granted, I'm basing this off reading the same WWE house show reports over and over and over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you were at the WWA show in the point back in november 2001 weren't you ;)

Well, as I figure most shows do, they'll prob be working on the presumption that people won't be going to more than one show, so they can do the same stuff every night. Granted, I'm basing this off reading the same WWE house show reports over and over and over again

That would make sense, basing it on wwe.

But AWR_Office has been hanging around here, and i think he knows not to do that to us. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

The main events were almost identical every night for their previous tour.

Bret is on now on 2fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Bret is on now on 2fm

Feck, Forgot about that, Listening now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bret is on now on 2fm
    Just turned it on now , cheers rovert

This is a pretty good interview.

Very good interview I have to say. I honestly thought Gerry was going to come on at the start and ask Bret who hes fighting on the tour but it actually turned out to be a good interview and worth a listen. Funny story about him and Owen being detained at customs in Canada.

Anyone able to up this? Forgot completely about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Cant wait for the show! Missed the Bret Hart interview anybody give a quick recap of what he said?

That would make sense, basing it on wwe.

But WWE always have different shows :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Just to let you guys know, Sabu, Tatanka, Eugene, Joe Legend, Mexican "Mini" Wrestlers, Rene Dupree and Scotty TOO Hotty all arrived into Dublin this morning and are looking forward to the Halloween Revenge tour,

While you are around can you clear up what times the meet and greets will be on please, or am i missing something? Are then when doors open?

I have a question that i'd ike to know the answer to...

Seen as this isn't gonna be DVD'ed or televised or anything... Will (ex)WWE rassler's have their WWE theme music?

Something which strikes me as strange aswell is all the lads fly into Dublin and the shows start in Limerick why not start in Tallaght?, Also the lineup goes Kerry-Dundalk-Cork why not Cork and Kerry in a double shot

Not very important but just something I was wondering about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I have a question that i'd ike to know the answer to...

Seen as this isn't gonna be DVD'ed or televised or anything... Will (ex)WWE rassler's have their WWE theme music?

Yeah sure they'll get Vince to send over some old Raw and Smackdown entrances aswell and a sign outside the basketball arena that says Madison square garden give me patience

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement