Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Did he do the WORM?
    He did indeed, to be fair, he put on a good show and is a top entertainer(see what I did there using the new wwe jargon).

Bill and HorseRadish, thank you both very much for the information. I'm glad you had fun at it. Cheers.

I'm off to bed now to sleep happy with the thoughts of bret hart.

Ooooooh yeahhh! lol

Seriously though, if you guys took any pictures, would you fancy sharing them? I'm curious to see the set up of the meet and greet and the show itself. Thanks again guys.

Yup I will try and get something up tomorrow. I have more vids than pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ok, from reading all that im kinda :('ed off..

Sabu, well more specifically meeting sabu was 82.5% of the reason i was going. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bill wrote: »

Only minor thing that pissed me off was the over abundance of kids, running around like nutters

welcome to the wonderful world of pro-wrestling live in ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ok, from reading all that im kinda :('ed off..

Sabu, well more specifically meeting sabu was 82.5% of the reason i was going. :(

riggggghhhhhttt.........

callaway92 wrote: »
    riggggghhhhhttt.........

Your point please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I think he's trying to tell you to get a new hero, one who makes an effort for fans. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Really enthusiastic about attending now meeting Bret is going to be brilliant, did the meet and greet start at door opening time?, also were many queueing for autographs or were most kids just going to their seats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Bill wrote: »
    I am just back from the Limerick show in UL. It was a very enjoyable evening and very well organised. Got to see Bret Hart my childhood Idol, me and my bro got pics/autographs was brilliant. Mexican Midgets , Just Joe, Scotty Too Hotty, Tatanka were selling shirts , merchandise, autographs , pics, all for very reasonable rates. All the matches were very enjoyable none more so then Tatanka match, Tatanka who is quite heavy now took on some 450 pound dude, and they literally broke the ring, took 10 mins to fix after the match. Great match though.

Only minor thing that pissed me off was the over abundance of kids, running around like nutters but thats the old grump in me coming out.

Bret said a piece after the intermission thanking all the ppl for coming, was great seeing the guy, shaking his hand and getting a photo.

I am one chuffed, "revitalised" wrestling fan, its been a year since I watched any form of wrestling and this is the first live event I have attended, and it was excellent , great night.

Thumbs up from me .

Bill

So bret just said a few words on the mic to say thanks and he did autograph signing ?

Eh , sorry that's , that sounds rubbish. €34 just to see a guy say a few words , hmm... Dont know about that.

and to the bloke who said something about getting a new "hero" , I'd say Sabu might be the biggest draw with regards to maybe older fans or fans of ECW. Other than that there's not all that many names. Joe E Legend is a really good wrestler, very nice fella too.

This comment's probably not welcomed but the indy circuit's a bit depressing - Tatanka still doing his Indian thing 15years later :(

• Advertisement

EdK, last time out they were all sat at the table as soon as we walked inside the door, then there was a mad rush over to them

some people were asking about the setup of the ring :confused: it looks like a ring :D

remember this is from the last tour in march NOT the current tour so it may differ

s6is9f.jpg

14nnsx4.jpg

Nice one rossie I'm sure they operate on the same kind of basis all the time, it was easy to get pics n autos at IWW in cork cuz few knew who the wrestlers were felt very sorry for nigel mcguinness especially, I just want to meet the hitman and I wouldnt mind spending a minute with scotty, tatanka etc for the sake of a fiver

So bret just said a few words on the mic to say thanks and he did autograph signing ?

Eh , sorry that's , that sounds rubbish. €34 just to see a guy say a few words , hmm... Dont know about that.

yeah i was expecting bret to be involved in an hour long iron man match inside hell in a cell, disgraceful him coming over here and not doing that ;)

EdK wrote: »
    Nice one rossie I'm sure they operate on the same kind of basis all the time, it was easy to get pics n autos at IWW in cork cuz few knew who the wrestlers were felt very sorry for nigel mcguinness especially, I just want to meet the hitman and I wouldnt mind spending a minute with scotty, tatanka etc for the sake of a fiver

it was complete chaos at the start of the signings last time out in Castlebar given the amount of people there and everyone wanting a photo or whatever (i hope its not like that in dublin sunday night) but they signed stuff during the interval and some stayed around after the show signing stuff too, Joe E Legend was talking with everyone after the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah i was expecting bret to be involved in an hour long iron man match inside hell in a cell, disgraceful him coming over here and not doing that ;)

Jesus, Boards.ie must have the largest collection of sarcastic members in the history of the internet!!

I knew he wouldn't be wrestling.

Jesus, Boards.ie must have the largest collection of sarcastic members in the history of the internet!!

Not sarcastic, just stating the obvious considering the amount of times we get the whole "Is he wrestling again" malarky every time his name gets mentioned. As for sarcasm, checked your own posts on the other Bret Hart thread lately? ;)

I have great respect for bret for being a down to earth,humble and fairly moral guy besides the infidelity which was fairly bad but anyway I'd pay that just to meet him some paid more to meet him in wrestling mania that's fair enough

The show is an added bonus nearly for me I never thought I'd meet bret hart 20 mins from where I live so to me its simply....priceless

I have great respect for bret for being a down to earth,humble and fairly moral guy besides the infidelity which was fairly bad but anyway I'd pay that just to meet him some paid more to meet him in wrestling mania that's fair enough

Well road life is road life, it happens and comes with the territory, same with musicians etc. I wouldn't hold that against him because it happens in so many cases. There were also times, to Bret's eternal credit that he was accused of cheating when he didn't. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't in the early days before he even got married.

Not that his personal life should even be discussed here EdK, you really should know better...
    ... and i should know better for responding to it, so let's just leave it at that.
    The show is an added bonus nearly for me I never thought I'd meet bret hart 20 mins from where I live so to me its simply....priceless

I'm looking forward to the book signing, i'm getting my own one signed as well as getting one for someone else. Be interesting to be able to ask him a couple of questions and hear em straight from the horses mouth.

Then Tallaght, here we come.

Dont get me wrong I would never discuss brets private life and that wasn't my intention I was stating the reason why I respect bret and only added that point to avoid discussion on it, it sounds strange but I reckoned someone would call me out on it if I had called bret completely moral so I was addressing it first, hey we all have our faults and not all of us are man enough to admit doing wrong

Amen to that...
    Wasn't pointing fingers or anything, just closing the can back up. Had that been posted 12 hours ago it would have most likely spiralled out of control the way things have been happening here in recent days! ;)

• Advertisement

I know but things should be ok if we dont mention the K word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

got my picture taken with bret hart, im so happy didn't go to the show myself just caught them on their way in.it made my day after been up most the night doin an essay for college.he was really nice had no problem posing for the picture,im delighted i have my pic, went to see the wwa thing in the point a few years ago that bret was at when he did the sharpshooter so im pretty happy now got to see bret do the sharpshooter live and now also have a picture with him.. Also got a picture with joe must say he was lovely really nice, he was chattin away and is he huge or what..

Crap, it's not May 19th already is it?

I was thinking Kronik haha, Its ok though cuz **** all happened on may 19th

I think we better get this turned back around to AWR, before this thread turnes into another one way trip to wackyland!

If AWR bring a star of this calibre every year I will be buying tickets for a long time

I'm hoping for Rob Conway next time

Sorry :p

I'm hoping for Rob Conway next time

Sorry :p

Sylvan isn't doing much i don't think, bring him over and have the classic La Resistance team.

I think Demolition are still doing the indies from time to time. They'd be awesome for us old schoolers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Scotty Too Hotty was on my flight back from Philly on Wednesday/Thursday. He stayed away from our gate, choosing to lurk in the shadows until his Zone was called. He flew economy.

Has the full line up not been announced for this yet?

• Advertisement

Does Scotty 2 Jobby think he's gonna get mobbed or something, in fairness?

He is Scotty 2 Hotty maybe he needed some shade

*apologises, puts phone down, turns over and catches some z's hehe*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't like the sound of the line system, cause TBH, it's making it sound like I'm gonna have to buy signed photos (IIRC, €5) and get my photo taken (Another €5) with everyone on the line. Thats €60ish quid, which is a bit pissy for a college student like me <_<
    I would also like to see how the photos look by people who got them. Call me old fashioned, but I was hoping to stand beside the wrestlers when the photo was taken, and not two foot in front of them, with one of us having to lean forward or back in an akward position, which is how it sounds like it has to be done (If there's no break in the table >_>)

And I swear to God, if there's annoying little kids at the Dundalk show, I'll scream. The photos so far had kids standing at the barricades, and I hate when people in the front row stand; you already have the best damn view in the building, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

That said, if kids get into the ring during intermission, screw it. I'm heading up and hopping in as well. if kids can do it, why not some responsible adults? CBG and KKV, up for a match? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

KKV will only get into the ring if they have his WWE entrance music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Is it possible to get tickets on the day. What do you get for golden ringside

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Anyone know exactly how long the autographs will be going on for at the Tallaght show?

• Advertisement

Let me tell ya somethin', brother!

I remember back in the day, dude! I picked teamshadowclan over my head, and i slammed him in front of 93,000 screaming KKV'n'ites, brother. It was the bigggest moment, in WrestleMania Irish wrestling history, dude!

Probably would be the biggest moment in Irish wrestling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Anyone got decent directions for getting to the venue in Tallaght? Is it far from the Luas stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Let me tell ya somethin', brother!

I remember back in the day, dude! I picked teamshadowclan over my head, and i slammed him in front of 93,000 screaming KKV'n'ites, brother. It was the bigggest moment, in WrestleMania Irish wrestling history, dude!

Probably would be the biggest moment in Irish wrestling :(

It really wouldn't.

In fairness, you sounded very disappointed to hear he wasn't gonna be doing so.

besides the infidelity which was fairly bad

I seen VR!s post when i wasn't logged in (yes, VR, you're still on ignore) and I think its perfectly fine to discuss his personal life.

I wouldn't say its fine to discuss the personal life of Kennedy, Kane, Benjamin, Carlito, Santino, etc. but Bret is over here trying to sell his book to us, which is the story of.... wait for it... wait for it...

His personal life!

If AWR bring a star of this calibre every year I will be buying tickets for a long time

I'd like to see them get foley next time, seen as he was originally supposed to be the guy on this tour, and now he is no longer a WWE employee.

Although there are a fair few i'd like to see. I think there was a 'convention' in the UK a little while ago that had some interesting characters i'd definitely pay to see. There are a lot of peopl eout there that AWR could still pick up though; Ultimate Warrior, Demolition, Kevin Nash (Actually, im not sure about Nash, but i think he'd be legally able to), Scott Hall, Ric Flair, Road Warrior Animal, Big Daddy V/Viscera, Ariel/Salinas, Chyna, Terry Funk, Sandman, Jake Roberts (If you could trust him), Jimmy Snuka, Sid, Honky Tonk Man, Goldust, Rob Van Dam, A-Train, Cade And Murdoch, Roddy Piper, etc. etc. etc.

There's plenty of people I'd pay to see. If AWR are smart they could easily do a show like this every year.

I don't like the sound of the line system, cause TBH, it's making it sound like I'm gonna have to buy signed photos (IIRC, €5) and get my photo taken (Another €5) with everyone on the line.

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking, too. But in fairness, although its not very fan-friendly, I'm sure its beneficial to the people at the show. Still upset that Sabu and Duprèe aren't doing this kinda thing. :(

I was hoping to stand beside the wrestlers when the photo was taken, and not two foot in front of them, with one of us having to lean forward or back in an akward position, which is how it sounds like it has to be done

Agreed.

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    KKV will only get into the ring if they have his WWE entrance music

On ignore you go.

Is it possible to get tickets on the day. What do you get for golden ringside

Ringside is just that. Ringside. Front row seats i believe. You should be able to get tickets at the door, yeah. I doubt they'd turn you down.

I don't like the sound of the line system, cause TBH, it's making it sound like I'm gonna have to buy signed photos (IIRC, €5) and get my photo taken (Another €5) with everyone on the line. Thats €60ish quid, which is a bit pissy for a college student like me <_<
    I would also like to see how the photos look by people who got them. Call me old fashioned, but I was hoping to stand beside the wrestlers when the photo was taken, and not two foot in front of them, with one of us having to lean forward or back in an akward position, which is how it sounds like it has to be done (If there's no break in the table >_>)

And I swear to God, if there's annoying little kids at the Dundalk show, I'll scream. The photos so far had kids standing at the barricades, and I hate when people in the front row stand; you already have the best damn view in the building, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

That said, if kids get into the ring during intermission, screw it. I'm heading up and hopping in as well. if kids can do it, why not some responsible adults? CBG and KKV, up for a match? :P
    You dont have to take pics or get autographs from anyone in the line if you dont want to, plus all wrestlers will happy pose with you for pics, just walk round the table.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Anyone got decent directions for getting to the venue in Tallaght? Is it far from the Luas stop?

don't get the luas unless you expect to get a taxi from the luas stop because
    1. its a long way from the luas stop and the arena is not really in tallaght at all and
    2. you probably won't find it walking around, i know i have been there :D

you're best option is a bus from town, the 77A leaves from dame street and that stops on the main road, ask the driver there is a pub across the road called the Penny Black Pub (nearest public stop), then its a long walk (nearly half a mile) up a narrow winding road through a field to the arena.

Anyone know exactly how long the autographs will be going on for at the Tallaght show?

1 hour before bell-time and i suspect there will be an autograph session during the interval

Didnt they extend it to an hour and a half? according an interview superwoody did?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking, too. But in fairness, although its not very fan-friendly, I'm sure its beneficial to the people at the show. Still upset that Sabu and Duprèe aren't doing this kinda thing. :(

LOL

Here, here

Stoping moaning. This show was announced like six months ago. If you cant afford reasonable prices then you should manage your money better.

Hell yeah!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stoping moaning. This show was announced like six months ago. If you cant afford reasonable prices then you should manage your money better.

Jesus Christ, can people on these boards not show a little annoyance with something? All I am saying is that as someone who doesn't work, I'd have prefered if I had a chance to bypass some of the wrestlers without having to talk to them and say "Oh hey! TBH, I don't care about you enough to fork out my money. Now where's Bret?". I am displeased with something I read and I plan on saying so. There's no point calling it moaning, when as a customer, I expect not to be forced to pay out money for something else via guilt....

Jesus Christ, can people on these boards not show a little annoyance with something? All I am saying is that as someone who doesn't work, I'd have prefered if I had a chance to bypass some of the wrestlers without having to talk to them and say "Oh hey! TBH, I don't care about you enough to fork out my money. Now where's Bret?". I am displeased with something I read and I plan on saying so. There's no point calling it moaning, when as a customer, I expect not to be forced to pay out money for something else via guilt....

Here here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Was this something introduced in the budget? They sneaked that one passed us didnt they?

anyone whos been to Egypt will know what's it like to really try to be forced to buy something if you can say no there every five seconds you can say no anywhere haha

Lads just because you are too shy to say no to a big oily man is no real cause to complain haha

Don't you dare argue with Rovert!

Don't you know he's never wrong!

And dont come onto this forum expressing your fancy "opinions" and "thoughts"! They're not welcome here!

And thats a FACT! Right, Rovert?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement