Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

KKV, stop it. rovert's done nothing wrong

The fact is you don't have to hand a tenner over to Scotty or Sabu if you don't want to. I've found that the system AWR is using is much better than an open plan kind of thing, where everyone will rush over to Bret and the other wrestlers wil be sitting on their own for ages. It ensures that everyone gets to meet the guys they want to too. If you feel like you need to pay all the wrestlers then then that's your own problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meh, I suppose you're right. I just personally don't like the fact it's obviously a ploy (IMO) to guilt you into forking out money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't you dare argue with Rovert!

Don't you know he's never wrong!

And dont come onto this forum expressing your fancy "opinions" and "thoughts"! They're not welcome here!

And thats a FACT! Right, Rovert?

:rolleyes:

*Reported*

You are actually the ignorant one here. No revelation to most of us here though
    Meh, I suppose you're right. I just personally don't like the fact it's obviously a ploy (IMO) to guilt you into forking out money.

You name isnt Mark is it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    *Reported*

You are actually the ignorant one here. No revelation to most of us here though

I honestly do not think he cares :cool:

You name isnt Mark is it? :D

His might not be, but mine is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rampage97

Quick question. Heading to the Tallaght show tomorrow. It just says on the ticket 5:30. Does this mean the show starts at 5:30 or the meet and greet starts at 5:30??

Rampage97 wrote: »
    Quick question. Heading to the Tallaght show tomorrow. It just says on the ticket 5:30. Does this mean the show starts at 5:30 or the meet and greet starts at 5:30??

It should say:

Doors: 5:30

Show: 6:30

(those are made up times) and the time the doors open would be meet and greet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And dont come onto this forum expressing your fancy "opinions" and "thoughts"! They're not welcome here!

How about a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up?, seriously! :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    How about a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up?, seriously! :)

Whats wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Norman213

this may seem like a retarded question but is there anyway u can just attend the meet and greet without actually avn a ticket to the show??just wonderin cause the only reason i want to go is to meet bret and sabu!

• Advertisement

Norman213 wrote: »
    this may seem like a retarded question but is there anyway u can just attend the meet and greet without actually avn a ticket to the show??just wonderin cause the only reason i want to go is to meet bret and sabu!

I think its "buy the ticket and you get free access to the pre-show meet and greet".

So, to word it differently, there is no way of accessing the meet and greet. When you buy a ticket to the show, the meet and greet is like an added bonus thrown in for going to to the show.

It doesn't seem like meeting Sabu is very possible judging from what we've heard so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

flahavaj wrote: »
    Anyone got decent directions for getting to the venue in Tallaght? Is it far from the Luas stop?
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    don't get the luas unless you expect to get a taxi from the luas stop because
    1. its a long way from the luas stop and the arena is not really in tallaght at all and
    2. you probably won't find it walking around, i know i have been there :D

you're best option is a bus from town, the 77A leaves from dame street and that stops on the main road, ask the driver there is a pub across the road called the Penny Black Pub (nearest public stop), then its a long walk (nearly half a mile) up a narrow winding road through a field to the arena.

You'd still need to walk a fair bit, you'd be better off getting a 54A or 65/B to the M50, there's a bus stop just across the road from the Arena, tell the driver that's where you want to go and get him to stop at Kilsarin. Then walk across the road and pass a road of houses and an apartment complex on your left and then the arena is right there, you can't miss it.

Mind yourself though, few dodgy characters hang around that underpass .

Here's a link to their site with a map an pictures of what the place looks like....

http://www.basketballireland.ie/arena/map.jsp

Oh and I think I'd like to just pay the tener to see Bret too. Thought he might even be involved in a finish of a match, something, anything even referee/enforcer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Whats wrong with that?

A cup of shut the f*ck up?
    In KKV's case, absolutely nothing at all, in fact it should be a legal requirement written into the Irish constitution!

He provides really useful sh*t when it comes to figs and places to get rare merch, amongst other things that does make him a decent contributor to the forum, and then he comes up with daft posts like the one i'd pointed out earlier just because he has a personal grudge because "he doesn't like his homeboy, Kane"

One step forward and two steps back. He should be proud, i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

can everyone just get back on ****ing topic and stop going on like a bunch of school kids.Grow up! its only the internet for fcuks sake

can everyone just get back on ****ing topic and stop going on like a bunch of school kids.Grow up! its only the internet for fcuks sake

Tell that to KKV he is the one in a huff after I used grown up facts on a discussion board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Going to the Tallaght show tonight, can't wait!

Quick question, anyone else heading to the Tallaght show, about what time are you aiming to arrive at? I'm just trying to work out if I should leave my house a bit earlier or not

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You'd still need to walk a fair bit, you'd be better off getting a 54A or 65/B to the M50, there's a bus stop just across the road from the Arena, tell the driver that's where you want to go and get him to stop at Kilsarin. Then walk across the road and pass a road of houses and an apartment complex on your left and then the arena is right there, you can't miss it.

Mind yourself though, few dodgy characters hang around that underpass .

Here's a link to their site with a map an pictures of what the place looks like....

http://www.basketballireland.ie/arena/map.jsp

Oh and I think I'd like to just pay the tener to see Bret too. Thought he might even be involved in a finish of a match, something, anything even referee/enforcer.

Cheers lad, seems a little easier alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I am only going on what happend at the Limerick show.

Meet and greet started 2 hours before bell time. (this might not happen at all shows but get there an hour and a half before bell time to be safe)

All wrestlers showed up.

Sabu was not at the meet and greet but did have a match (a short one at that)

You have to have a ticket to the event to get into the meet and greet.

Some wrestlers charge for pics (5euro) shirts (20euro) etc...

There was another chance to meet and greet the wrestlers at the interval.

And if you talk to Joe Legend tell him I said hellow and hope his knee is ok.

(Hope that helps some people out. Enjoy the show)

Tell that to KKV he is the one in a huff after I used grown up facts on a discussion board.

No, its that you keep going on and on and on about it. I don't give a crap whether you like Kane or not. I don't care if I'm the only one in the world that thinks he's a decent 'entertainer'. I just don't want to constantly have to argue the same f*cking points over and over again.

Can we all just drop it now, please?

Meet and greet started 2 hours before bell time. (this might not happen at all shows but get there an hour and a half before bell time to be safe)

This is great. I hope it happens at all shows.
    Sabu was not at the meet and greet but did have a match (a short one at that)

Wanted to get a picture with him :(
    Some wrestlers charge for pics (5euro) shirts (20euro) etc...

Any idea how much Tatanka wanted for his figure? Did anyone else have figures to sell?
    There was another chance to meet and greet the wrestlers at the interval.

Did Renè or Sabu participate in this?

Thanks for all the info :)

No, its that you keep going on and on and on about it. .

I thought you had me on ignore?
    I don't give a crap whether you like Kane or not. I don't care if I'm the only one in the world that thinks he's a decent 'entertainer'. I just don't want to constantly have to argue the same f*cking points over and over again.

It was obvious that you did give a crap as you put and others on ignore in a huff as I’ve said it before. You come off as a petulant child whether it be putting people on ignore, refusal to except facts if they don’t jive with your own views, the total over use of this smiley :( in this thread on issues which are obviously out of the promoters control and not to mention this:

I think you need to reform your behaviour more than I do. I’m sorry if you took someone using facts on a message as such an affront.

If you are such a big fan of Sabu you would know why Sabu doesn’t do signings in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is the answer gimmick protection?, what do I win if I'm right?

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Is the answer gimmick protection?, what do I win if I'm right?

istockphoto_1803807_gold_star_2.jpg

Gimmck protection in both senses of the word :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

No, its that you keep going on and on and on about it. I don't give a crap whether you like Kane or not. I don't care if I'm the only one in the world that thinks he's a decent 'entertainer'. I just don't want to constantly have to argue the same f*cking points over and over again.

This is great. I hope it happens at all shows.

Any idea how much Tatanka wanted for his figure? Did anyone else have figures to sell?

Thanks for all the info :)

Sabu and Rene din NOT take part in any meet and greet at the Limerick show (Not sure if this will happen at all shows)

Tatanka was charging 35euro for his figure (he said he only brought a few with him) and he will aslo sign it (I bought my nephew one as he has a good few signd figures)

Joe legand had sone cool looking shirts and Scotty 2 Hotty also had some worm shirts (I think there were the only guys selling shirts) Not sure of the price of the shirts as Legend give me one for my nephew and would not take any money for it (Thanks again Joe) I think the shirts are 20 euro. You can also by the AWR shirt (again not sure what price it was)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

istockphoto_1803807_gold_star_2.jpg

Gimmck protection in both senses of the word :p

Yay!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just back from the show in dublin. was very good 1 terrible match and 1 other ok 1. Apart from those matches it was pretty cool very well run although you could have easily got in for free and could have go into the golden circle quite easy from where i was sitting. Main event was very amusing , ladder match was good and the opening segment. Expect a proper review from the Flananator in awhile.

Great event, it was everything AWR promised and IWW at the same venue was not.

I positively gushed over Bret Hart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

How was the Tallaght show then folks?How was Mr Hart?
    Really annoyed that I couldn't go....stupid last minute wedding invitations:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Great event, it was everything AWR promised and IWW at the same event was not.

I positive gushed over Bret Hart.

I don't get ya, IWW were in attendance?

gimmick wrote: »
    I don't get ya, IWW were in attendance?

I should have said venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What do you mean, production values etc were better?

He obviously means that AWR put on 100 times the show that IwW had in the same venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Overall, I really enjoyed the show although I was probably ready to go home after Bret's in ring appearance. Some other things/thoughts about the event:

- I got a chance to see them coming off the bus a couple of hours before the event and it seemed like every second one of them was limping and walking gingerly.

- The bus driver for the wrestlers was a fantastic man! So funny to talk to and seemed to be having a great time, albeit with a road schedule that isn't alot of fun.

- It was great to meet Bret. He seemed really genuine and was very friendly. It was kind of interesting at the beginning as Bret was at the front of the table (meaning little attention for the other wrestlers). Dinsmore looked a little annoyed and then 30 seconds later they moved Bret to the end of the table.

- All the wrestlers from this side of the pond worked really hard and their effort can't be faulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just got back from the Tallaght show, have to say I really enjoyed it.

Just a word of warning to anyone going to future shows, I got there about 10 mins before the meet/greet was due to start and ended up queueing for about half an hour just to get in, and then a further 3/4 of an hour to get to Mr. Hart, despite him only being about 50 feet away at most.

So I'd suggest to anyone if they can to get there nice and early.

Also I dunno if it was just me, but I thought Bret just looked like he didn't wanna be there, whereas the Tatanka, Scotty, Eugene etc. seemed to really enjoy the whole interacting with the fans part (Had a good chat with Scotty, really nice bloke).

Also there is a 5 euro charge for autographs and pics, so thinking I was being all smart, I asked Tatanka if I could get a picture with him, Eugene and Scotty all in the one photo with me. He said yeah that it wouldnt be a problem, but it would still cost 15 euro :(

Other than those minor things I really cant fault the show, for what it was

gimmick wrote: »
    What do you mean, production values etc were better?

Hell yeah
    - All the wrestlers from this side of the pond worked really hard and their effort can't be faulted.

Seconded that Ladder match in particular was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Seconded that Ladder match in particular was insane.

Who was in said Ladder match?

Didnt go? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Cork show for me.

Maxer vs Paddy Morrow

Cork show for me.

It was Paddy Morrow vs Sean Maxer Brennan

Maxer vs Paddy Morrow

What did you think of the Dropkick to the face hanging upside down spot Furious-Red?

• Advertisement

What did you think of the Dropkick to the face hanging upside down spot Furious-Red?

Twas sick although when Maxer threw him into the ladder into the corner , when paddy went into the corner and flew outside looked quite sore.

I enjoyed this show WAY more than I ever expected. AWR have gotten their card spot on. Plenty of ex-WWE talent to keep the kiddies happy and the lader match and Joey Cabray match to appease the smarks.

AS rovert said the ladder match was a serious balkls out effort, that Suicide Machine lad is a bump machine. And the Awesome Bomb to the outside was insane as well in the Joey Cabray match.

Overall a really fun nights entertainment and all credit to AWR for pitting on a show that sent both kids and adults home happy. I'd definitely go again.

Overall a really fun nights entertainment and all credit to AWR for pitting on a show that sent both kids and adults home happy. I'd definitely go again.

Totally restored my faith in Irish Indies. I need to see a NLW show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Would have to agree with everything thats been said so far. I'm a bit tired now but might write up some thoughts tomorrow. Unfortunetly this was a good show so it probably won't be very funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Had a great night tonight. The thing that I most enjoyed about it was the effort at making it a show and entertainment rather than wrestling in a hall everything from the entrance to the wrestling made you leave with a feel good factor about wrestling rather than the typical why do I bother.
    I have been to many NLW shows and to be honest they never disappoint and like a lot of guys on here I have sat through freezing cold gym wars trying to find a reason to follow Irish wrestling to finish well done AWR and NLW and long may it continue

Totally restored my faith in Irish Indies. I need to see a NLW show.

Indeed, I'm definitley going to seek them out. I saw more effort and workrate in those two matches than I've ever seen from any IWW worker. Where has Joey Cabray beenn hdidng for example, he should be booked regularly in England at the very least from what I saw of him tonight. Or maybe he is, does anyone else know anymore of him, his look alone should get him a good bit of work.

• Advertisement

Would have to agree with everything thats been said so far. I'm a bit tired now but might write up some thoughts tomorrow. Unfortunetly this was a good show so it probably won't be very funny :)

I did chuckle to myself during the Tatanka match when his 400 pound opponent was being berated by the crowd for being a fat b*stard. The thought crossed my mind that Tatanka himself had a right to look a little embarrassed himself, that belly of his is a magnificent sight in person.

Indeed, I'm definitley going to seek them out. I saw more effort and workrate in those two matches than I've ever seen from any IWW worker. Where has Joey Cabray beenn hdidng for example, he should be booked regularly in England at the very least from what I saw of him tonight. Or maybe he is, does anyone else know anymore of him, his look alone should get him a good bit of work.

Joey really should have a greater profile than he does. Him and his valet :eek: are a great double act.

I did chuckle to myself during the Tatanka match when his 400 pound opponent was being berated by the crowd for being a fat b*stard. The thought crossed my mind that Tatanka himself had a right to look a little embarrassed himself, that belly of his is a magnificent sight in person.

His 400 pound opponent was PN News in WCW back in the day.

Well just back from American Wrestling Rampage’s event in the National Basketball Arena. Here are my thoughts.

When I made the decision to go the first thing that stung me as I got in my car was the price of the event. 35 Euro. That’s not a huge amount by any means, but it would still make a fairly large dent in my pocket. So I asked myself; did I really like wrestling that much anymore? I resolved to go and find out.

Having no interest in the meet and greet, myself and the Red Guy took our time and arrived at the Arena at about 6.40. There were a lot of cars and as I approached the building it seemed there were a lot of people also. If I were to guesstimate, I would say there was a little over 1000 people in attendance, with only one or two hundred spare seats. A strong turn-out then. This ties in with the first of several inevitable comparisons with the Irish Whip Wrestling card at the venue some months earlier, which drew about half this number. The crowd itself was the usual wrestling crowd. You know you’re at a wrestling show when the majority of people are children and one in five people you’re age are mentally retarded.

Much to my horror the meet and greet was still going as we took our seats, and would continue until about 7.20. At this point the lights dimmed and AWR’s impressive lighting and stage took over as the near-capacity crowd reached a fever pitch. The place was buzzing. Then came a faux-American accent over the PA system asking us “Are you ready?!?” which I immediately recognized as the voice of promoter Jamie Coleman, and I laughed out loud. Luckily the vast majority of the audience did not know Jamie was putting on an accent and he came across well. He did a good job getting the crowd pumped for the rest of the evening. But I saw through his American façade and would like to declare that Jamie Coleman is a phony! A PHONEY I say! A big fat phony!

Moving along. Coleman’s opening spiel was interrupted by Justin Bred, working under a fitness guru gimmick. He got over as an irritating heel, and just as he reached his most annoying, the lights dimmed. I expected a run in by say, Duncan Disorderly. But nay, when the lights returned we were treated with Sabu! He floored Bred with a number of hard chair shots and went through a routine of some of his trade-mark moves. He set Bred up on a table but the wood broke pre-spot. Sabu re-positioned Bred on the wood and drove him through it with a chair assisted dive, and pinned him. The whole angle/match was a tremendous piece of booking. Fully aware of Sabu’s limitations (Sabu’s back is fucked, he’ll never wrestle properly again), AWR booked him in the most effective way they could by capitalizing on the shock factor of throwing him on first, thus totally compensating for the squash nature of his match. Sabu made me mark out here more than he had any right to, and that’s purely down to AWR’s smart use of him.

Next up came the obligatory angle where the lead face gets maimed by the lead heel and sets up the main event. In this case it was Joe E. Legend and Rene Dupree pounding U-Gene with Scotty 2 Hotty making the save. I found it all a bit tedious but I guess it was a necessary evil.

Next came the Mexican minis. And they were…disappointing. Most of the match was disjointed with lots of awkward pauses in the action. Though some of the acrobatics were impressive, most of it seemed contrived. The crowd weren’t sure how to react to the duo unfortunately.

After the high of the opening angle with Sabu the show was beginning to lag a little now. Thankfully, Joey Cabray and Duncan Disorderly were up next with probably the match of the night. Duncan came out first with manager/President of the Duncan Disorderly fan-club Georgie Mac. They requested that the national anthem be played, and God Save the Queen blared out over the PA, while Duncan stood solemnly with his hand on his heart, big unionist head on him. This was then interrupted with the chords of Shipping Out To Boston by the Drop-Kick Murphy’s, and out came Joey Cabray wielding an Irish flag, a beautiful valet and a best of all a brand new hair-do ! He had been dieting and training like a mother-fucker prior to this tour and it really showed, he looked absolutely tremendous. Yes, he could give Dupree a run for his money in the bod department and is the blue-print for what not just Irish guys but Indie wrestlers everywhere should strive to achieve. What I’m saying is that if I were a women or indeed a gay-man, Joey is the kind of man one would like to oil up from head to toe with one’s bare-hands and then slide across again and again, pleasuring oneself all the while.

On to the match. It was very good, thanks largely in part to the red-hot crowd. Though not overly spotty, it did have a number worth mentioning, including Joey’s assortment of hurricanranas and a dive, not to mention Ducan’s always impressive Vertebreaker. The high-light would have to be Joe’s Awesome-bomb on his brother Georgie through a ring-side table towards the end. Man, that spot just doesn’t get old.

Now came the interval. I remembered in vivid detail the horrors of IWW’s infamous never-ending interval in August, and was hoping AWR had learned from IWW’s mistakes. With this hope in my heart I set-off to the tuck-shop upon noticing a grumbling in my belly and a craving for some chocolate delight. Would I get a large dairy-milk? A Yorkie? Or perhaps I wanted crisps? With these questions heavy on my heart I headed-towards the lobby. As I queued a knacker-man with his knacker-boys queued in front. They were restless of course and getting up to no-good, the rascals. As the tomfoolery escalated the Dad became increasingly frustrated, warning the boys to stop. Sadly, the hapdashery would persist and the Dad would proceed to slap the shit out of the youths; we’re talking full-on open hand slaps the kid’s heads and faces as they recoiled in fear and pain. It was the funniest thing I’d seen so far and considered starting a “Daddy’s Gonna Kill You!” chant, but upon noticing the shocked and concerned looks on the faces of the other parents in the queue, I realized the chant would not catch on. I ended going with the dairy milk option with an additional bag of Mighty Munch, and they were delicious. The intermission lasted 25 minutes. It was a fun intermission. Chocolate and child-abuse. Yum.

The fourth match on the card was a ladder match between The Suicide Machine (Paddy Morrow) and Sean Maxer (Brennan), for the No Limit Wrestling championship. Paddy was face while Maxer strangely acted heel. This seemed like a strange choice from the start. While Morrow is equally brilliant in working the crowd as either the good guy or the bad guy, Maxer is fairly limited in the personality department and is better suited to playing fan favorite. This was unfortunately a negative in the bout as Sean was just difficult to despise. Still, he can only get better with experience. The action in the match was top notch. Both men were crisp in their delivery of moves and strikes and both took some pretty big bumps. Morrow was busted open hardway early on after a stiff bump onto the ladder and over the apron to the floor. Sadly the ending proved anti-climatic but I would still rank this up there with Chris the Bambi Killer versus Michael Kovac Ladder match from the same venue six years earlier, if just below the Maxer versus Anthony Idol Ladder match for the NWA-I title two years earlier (incidentally, Idol was one of the paid hands helping out at the show). I would also like to make note of Morrow’s attempted super-plex from the top of the ladder mid-match; he displayed great respect for psychology and attention to detail here, clearly conveying to the audience his difficulty in deciding whether to grab the belt or punish Maxer. This match was a testament of just how good Paddy is, both in terms of his in ring athleticism and indeed his psychology. He remains the best-pound for pound grappler on Irish soil today in my (albeit irrelevant) opinion.

It was now time for Bret Hart’s appearance. He kept things short and then fucked off. If I had paid to see him play a bigger role on the card, I’d be pissed off, but I didn’t so who cares. Let’s move on.

The semi-final of the card would be Tatanka versus the I think artist formerly known as PN News. News wrestled for WCW about 16 years ago, and wrestled in the Arena as part of IWW’s October card there in 2002, and was fairly ****. If this was the same guy, he was even ****ter here too. I mean, who honestly thought booking this bumbling fat man was a good idea? This match was the pits and went on for far too long despite having very little action. A bunch of smarkies attempted to start “Boring!” and “You can’t wrestle!” chants, but why bother? These veterans will inevitably dismiss such smart-ass chants as the pish-posh of internet geeks who don’t know what they’re talking about. Silence is the only thing these men understand. Tatanka won.

A few pages back you may have noticed a post where I warned that AWR may have booked too many comedy wrestlers as main attractions for this tour. The main event was the perfect example of this as it relied mainly on comedy, which isn’t really what you want from a main event, is it? No, matter, at least it was good comedy and the kids lapped it up. U-Gene and Scotty 2 Hotty went over and everyone went home happy.

What would I give this event on the whole? Well, if we are to go on a comparison with the IWW event in the same venue earlier this year, then one would have to say it was great. The in-ring quality was superior, it was better booked, the production values were infinitely better and on the whole the event was organized better. But as a stand-alone wrestling show, how was it? Well, on a six match card, two of the matches were very good, two were pants, one was an enjoyable comedy match and one was an exhilarating squash. So, I would say it was pretty darn good, though not amazing. As has already been said, this show had variety and had a little something for everyone, and judging by some of the posts has converted some people into Cabray/Morrow/Maxer/Duncan fans, which has to be seen has this show’s biggest long-term success. On the financial front, I would guesstimate (and please do not take my guesstimations as gospel, they are far fro it) AWR took about 40,000 quid on the live gate and some more at the merch stands, so I would imagine that providing the other shows go well, we will be seeing AWR back again in the near future.

And by the way, as I drove home I thought to myself the 35 quid was well worth it.

He's kind of a big deal in Germany.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement