Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Flan that write up is both spot on and i agree with everything you say but more importantly its f*cking hilarious. I genuinely laughed aloud at
    You know you’re at a wrestling show when the majority of people are children and one in five people you’re age are mentally retarded.
    big unionist head on him
    It was a fun intermission. Chocolate and child-abuse. Yum.

Ya legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

flahavaj wrote: »
    Flan that write up is both spot on and i agree with everything you say but more importantly its f*cking hilarious. I genuinely laughed aloud at

Ya legend.

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Solid write up.
    Now, how many Jelly babies would you have paid for that 35 euro? ;)

I just didn't feel the need for sugary goodness this evening Shawn, it was all about the choc.

... and child abuse of course!

Indeed sir indeed, but thankfully I didn't pay for that!

Just so we're clear though Flan, i don't wanna be in your gang your gang your gang! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It was a fun intermission. Chocolate and child-abuse. Yum.

A lethal combination in Belgium I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

Was just wonderin if bret will be selling his book at the tour as i'm going to the Wexford one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Eugster wrote: »
    Was just wonderin if bret will be selling his book at the tour as i'm going to the Wexford one

I dont think so, no one else was at the Dublin show either Im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

...Crap.

Ok i have until thursday to get my hands on brets book. :(
    Any ideas how?

Also, was he selling his own shirt? Or was there like a tour tee shirt or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

going to letterkenny show tonite cant wait!

...Crap.

Ok i have until thursday to get my hands on brets book. :(
    Any ideas how?

Also, was he selling his own shirt? Or was there like a tour tee shirt or anything like that?

You could TRY and get express delivery from Amazon.co.uk

There wasnt shirt but he had a photographic reproduction of his book cover.

rovert wrote: »
    You could TRY and get express delivery from Amazon.co.uk

There wasnt shirt but he had a photographic reproduction of his book cover.

Sounds like an idea. Correct me if i'm wrong, but can you buy with laser card off them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    A lethal combination in Belgium I believe.

LMAAOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Just a few questions for ye lads. Thinking of going to the Letterkenny show tonight. on ticketmaster it says 8pm start. so if i want to get to the meet and greet what time should i go for.
    and about the photos - autographs, is it possible to get them free at all and if not how much do you pay for them / can u bring books etc to be signed.

Oh and who do you expect to be on the card tonight (anyone injured for example?)

Thanks alot, ill post my thoughts on the show if i go.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Just so we're clear though Flan, i don't wanna be in your gang your gang your gang! :D

Maybe its the age difference, but that reference is lost on me!

Did you go to the show, Shawn?

joepenguin wrote: »
    Just a few questions for ye lads. Thinking of going to the Letterkenny show tonight. on ticketmaster it says 8pm start. so if i want to get to the meet and greet what time should i go for.
    and about the photos - autographs, is it possible to get them free at all and if not how much do you pay for them / can u bring books etc to be signed.

Oh and who do you expect to be on the card tonight (anyone injured for example?)

Thanks alot, ill post my thoughts on the show if i go.

Dupree and Legend both seemed to be walking with a limp to me, but seemed fine during their match (altough they relied heavily on short-cuts). I would imagine they'll do more of the same tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

C'mon... Gary Glitter, a true hero.

That show was rapid, my first wrestling show in Ireland since some piss-poor one a year and a half ago. Quality stuff!

• Advertisement

SASR wrote: »
    C'mon... Gary Glitter, a true hero.

That show was rapid, my first wrestling show in Ireland since some piss-poor one a year and a half ago. Quality stuff!

Ah, Gary Glitter. Of course.

By the by I thought you were an IWW-head?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Ah, Gary Glitter. Of course.

By the by I thought you were an IWW-head?
    Nah, not really much into the Irish scene in general any more, I didn't join the IWW forum when it re-opened or anything. Just went to this show because I knew it'd be a beast of a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Maybe its just me being slow but is it €5 for a pic and €5 for an autograph? As in its not two for the price of one haha

Dupree and Joe Legend? I take it there has been changes to the roster
    http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/stars.htm
    Anyone of note removed / added

cheers

ps sorry i should realy go back through the thread but its ginormous and probably wouldnt find the info.

Dupree and Joe Legend? I take it there has been changes to the roster
    http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/stars.htm
    Anyone of note removed / added

cheers

ps sorry i should realy go back through the thread but its ginormous and probably wouldnt find the info.

Joey Mercury was replaced by Depree.

And Joe was packaged with Bret as the replacment for Mick.

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers cbg. Will probably head down shortly. For anyone close to Letterkenny there are plenty of tickets left and you can pick them up at the door.

Em... if i bring down bret dvds will he sign them? and will there be a cost. Ill have to go buy them before hand. cheers

• Advertisement

Em... if i bring down bret dvds will he sign them? and will there be a cost. Ill have to go buy them before hand. cheers

Now im speaking on what others have said in the thread and not on personal experience, But apparently he has no problem signing anything.
    He might charge. Bring money expecting him to, and if he doesnt, well.. happy days :)

Have a good evening penguin, let us know all about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

And Joe was packaged with Bret as the replacment for Mick.

Hope that helps ;)

LOL, Joe was always on the show. He was not a package deal with Bret Hart. LOL, bet he will find that one funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

what a great show last night, one of the best i have been to in a long while. Cabray v Duncan and Sean Maxer v Paddy were two top matches. I'm begging these lads to put more shows on with just the Irish talent. Anybody know who Cabray's valet was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JohnG727

Cabray's valet was his girlfriend, don't know her name though. We were sat in the gold circle and i heard that his uncle was sat behind us and he said it's his girlfriend.
    Was such an awesome show! I went over from England to watch and it was brilliant! The best part had to be meeting Bret, such a nice guy, he signed my copy of his book and let me have a photo. I met Sabu backstage aswell. Really enjoyed the whole experience!

i have yet to hear one bad report, awr put iww to shame

• Advertisement

i have yet to hear one bad report, awr put iww to shame

Even so there are certion aspects people havent touched on such as to as:

All the wrestlers were extremely friendly and fan accesible thought out the show. Joe Legend was bang on during the meet and greet in particular in my exprience.

It was reassuring to see an amnulance and first aiders at the event.

The vibe of the show was relaxed.

My only (minor) criticism is that the Cannonball Grizzly vs Tatanka match went on too long at the expense of the main event.

does anybody know how often nwa ireland and nlw put on shows

Look now but in the mean time heard is a pic of Cabray's valet:

RACHEL.jpg

I'm disappointed you didn't get that reference, it was wasted on you, especially his recent headlines about coming back to the UK. ;)

I was supposed to, but stuff came up and had to bail at the 11th hour. :(

Not as frequently as they used to, but they both have representitives on here to keep us all abreast of their upcoming shows. Keep checking the Irish promotions sticky and any NWA-I/NLW related topics opened in the main forum.
    I was supposed to, but stuff came up and had to bail at the 11th hour

Ah, the dreaded 'stuff'. Alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

my only gripe was the sound quality last night, not AWR's fault obviously as the sound quality was amazing at their previous show in the TF in castlebar back in march but last night i could barely make out either the entrance themes or what people were saying for the most part :(

i know there was a big debate on this a few days ago and i didn't want to butt in but last time out ALL ex wwe guys had their old wwe/f theme music (people have uploaded videos are on youtube of gangrels, chris masters and tests entrances) bret had his wwf theme last night, i am assuming tatanka had his (it sounded like it circa 1992-94 but couldn't make it out)

cabray was in MOTN again for me, back in march it was him and morrow tearing the house down. tatanka REALLY needs to lose weight and fast the guy is over 300lb now :eek: that match was a stinker but i was well impressed that the ring stayed upright with that amount of weight bouncing around

Looks like Vince was personally delivering the old theme music then... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rossie1977 wrote: »
    my only gripe was the sound quality last night, not AWR's fault obviously as the sound quality was amazing at their previous show in the TF in castlebar back in march but last night i could barely make out either the entrance themes or what people were saying for the most part :(

i know there was a big debate on this a few days ago and i didn't want to butt in but last time out ALL ex wwe guys had their old wwe/f theme music (people have uploaded videos are on youtube of gangrels, chris masters and tests entrances) bret had his wwf theme last night, i am assuming tatanka had his (it sounded like it circa 1992-94 but couldn't make it out)

cabray was in MOTN again for me, back in march it was him and morrow tearing the house down. tatanka REALLY needs to lose weight and fast the guy is over 300lb now :eek: that match was a stinker but i was well impressed that the ring stayed upright with that amount of weight bouncing around

It would have been hard to get a good sound out of the arena because its a gym and there is loads ways that the sound could bounce off all the wood around the place , but at the same time i could make out what was being said most of the time.

I was hoping that Scotty would of had his wwe theme song(that turn it up song was great) but not complaining.

I thought the ropes were gonna snap even before the Tatanka match when your man was running on the ropes.

Once again well done to AWR for a great night last night and money well spent imo. it was round half the price of a wwe house show and the quality was 100 times better. Bring on the next AWR or NLW show

Cabray really is a great talent and Georgie Mac was hilarious in his role as manager. I really believe Joey and the lads can now push on and promote monthly shows as they are far far better. Who the hell wants to see Vic Viper v Mandrake v Working Class John in a cheap ring when you can have fantastic matches between Maxer and Paddy Morrow

i know there was a big debate on this a few days ago and i didn't want to butt in but last time out ALL ex wwe guys had their old wwe/f theme music

Not they didnt, none of them did. All the music was extremely good quality reproductions of each wrestler's theme music.

• Advertisement

Not they didnt, none of them did. All the music was extremely good quality reproductions of each wrestler's theme music.

you were at the last tour in castlebar?? was enter sandman an "extremely good quality reproduction" too that night??

you were at the last tour in castlebar?? was enter sandman an "extremely good quality reproduction" too that night??

This thread is about this tour you know the one with Bret Hart at it.

This thread is about this tour you know the one with Bret Hart at it.

and my post that you quoted in #741 was about the last tour ;)

i couldn't make out last night themes, it sounded like brets and tatankas old themes but i may have been wrong because the sound sucked, last time 100% they used test, gangrels, masters and heindenreichs theme and enter sandman for the sandman

maybe it was your location in the arena but i personally found the sound to be near on perfect. The entrance set was fantastic too, a nice change from the zero production values of IwW,where they have Bingo and the boys opening a door.They dont even seem arsed to get a curtain

sound sucked

No it didnt there was minor issues during the show opening and for the Bret interview. The music wasnt affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

letterkenny show was fantastic, met bret hart, and the show it self was brill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Anybody got pictorial proof that Bret exists haha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Was at the Tallaght show really enjoyed meeting Bret,I was like a 9 year old girl at a N*Sync concert!Thought he was really nice.
    The show itself wasnt great I thought,production etc was amazing but thought that most of the most matches werent anything special. Great atmosphere with all the kids & thankfully the intermission was well organised but alot of the American guys only worked a few minutes if I wanted to see the irish lads would of just seen a NLW show instead of paying for a gold ticket.
    I figured with the gigantic advertising campaign they must of been disappointed with attendance, they outdrew iww by maybe a couple of hundred with an advertising budget many times the size of iww.
    Having said that overall had a good night & Bret is a ledge!

Looks like Vince was personally delivering the old theme music then... :rolleyes:

Let it go...
    Jesus, and you wonder why you receive backlash from some posters. Because of petty sh*t like that.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Anybody got pictorial proof that Bret exists haha?

I got my photo in the email earlier, but i aint posting my mug on this place of all places! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement