Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

1zme4uf.jpg

j9yhl1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

rossie1977 wrote: »
    tatanka REALLY needs to lose weight and fast the guy is over 300lb now :eek: that match was a stinker but i was well impressed that the ring stayed upright with that amount of weight bouncing around

He has a special section for fitness on his site - http://www.nativetatanka.com/index_1.htm

Eh, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Looking at Tatanka I'd say his baby is due before christmas...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Any Letterkenny fans have a report on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Neddieog

rossie1977 wrote: »
    1zme4uf.jpg

j9yhl1.jpg

Hey rossie how did u upload those pics on here? i wanna upload a few myself from Letterkenny Show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is the ring a 16x16 or a full sized 20x20?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Is the ring a 16x16 or a full sized 20x20?
    Seemed like a 20x20 to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

Could someone tell me who went to letterkenny last night if they were selling bret harts book and could you take pictures with bret or was it just autographs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Eugster wrote: »
    Could someone tell me who went to letterkenny last night if they were selling bret harts book and could you take pictures with bret or was it just autographs

Not sure about the Letterkenny but i was the the first show in Limerick and there was no Bret books being sold (good job I brought my own copy) you could also get pics taken with Bret.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They werent in Dublin either. I dont think "legally" they can either as it is not offically released in Ireland yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Neddieog

i was at letterkenny show and no he was not selling any books but you could get a pic and an autograph with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Neddieog wrote: »
    Hey rossie how did u upload those pics on here? i wanna upload a few myself from Letterkenny Show.

i use http://www.tinypic.com/

where it says default in the drop down list choose messageboard (640x480)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Neddieog wrote: »
    letterkenny show was fantastic, met bret hart, and the show it self was brill!

Any results mate? Attendance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

So I made it to the show in the end. Got there 20 mins before bell time but the signings were finishing up at that stage but we were told they would be back at intermission.

First of all the gripes:
    It was a fiver for an autograph AND a fiver for pics with the wrestlers. While I felt this was stingy I suppose if it was any cheaper theyd be there for the whole night.
    Anywho I got my pic taken with Bret and after reading another thread here I got him to sign my wrestling with shadows vhs, he drew on vinces face again. :D:D:D
    Got my pic taken with Tatanka, even paid another fiver to have the belt included. Thinking back I should have haggled an autograph out of him

Scotty was absolutley mobbed, got a photo with him in the end. He even said to take another one and proceeded to choke me. Really fun guy and was great with the kids. A fan came up and said he had no money but wanted to shake his hand. You could tell he really appreciated this.

Oh and for fans going to the other shows in the country: I got there 20 mins before bell time and the meet and greet was finishing. Got to meet Bret at the interval and Scotty and Tatanka after. If you want to be sure of meeting them get there at least an hour before because they dont all come back out, most do at intermission but only joe, scotty and tatanka. Also its worth noting that Bret Talks for like 30 seconds. Kind of says thanks I love Ireland etc and goes again.

Some of the matches: I cant remember who wrestled who for a few of them but heres a brief rundown of the ones I do.

Scotty the hotty vs Paul Tracey: Scotty came out tagging fans, dancing with girls, play wrestling with staff and kissing babies! Both guys played to the crowd very well. Scotty won after hitting the worm!

The mexican minis: full of hurricanranas, small packages, counters and ending with the littlest guy hitting the 619.

Joe E legend came out to address the fans and apologised for not being able to compete because of a damaged knee (someone said this was legit? it looked it) Rene Dupree came out and basically called him a whinger saying that he was going to wrestle with a bad ankle. He attacked Joe and called on the services on Duncan disorderly to give him a hand. Not seeing Joe been outnumbered U-gene came out and helped Joe up and sent the lads out of the ring. This set up the main event: A tag match between Joe and U-gene vs Dupree and Disorderly.

Shawn Maxer vs Paddy Morrow. Good match, Morrow was excellent i thought, very agile and works well. Maxer picked up the W controversially. The lights went out and when they came back on Sabu was in the ring. He proceeded to give Maxer a beating with genouros amounts of tables and chairs.
    He "won the match" by setting a table up lenghtways facing a turnbuckle, had Maxwers head on the opposite end as he climbed the tb with a chair in hand. Jumped through the table landing a chair shot on maxer. The crowd loved it and chants of E-C-DUB briefly filled the arena.

Unfortunatley I didnt get the Donegal lads name but he did put on a very good show and worked well with a much bigger opponent.

Tatanka beat some bald guy who resembled an extrememyl overweigth steve austin or bam bam bigelow minus the tatoos. In any case it was a pleasure to see Tatanka wrestling. All things considered he put on a good match. Talking to him afterwards he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Despite his substantial weight gain he looks healthy and seems to be doing well.

The main event:
    The team of Joe Legend and U-gene vs Rene Dupree and Duncan disorderly.

I wont say too much in case anyone is going to the other shows and they end up doing this match again. Good match though. A sin the promo Ugene made ample use of wwe legends qoutes / finishing moves.

Its fair to say that it was well worth my 35 quid and 2 hour journey. If its in your town and you are a wrestling fan I highly recommend you go, and as I said its worth travelling to. The production was excellent, they made a sports complex look and feel like a proper arena with their stage and all. Seen some good matches with talented Irish wrestlers, recent wwe stars and met 3 wwf legends.:D:D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Hey man, no they werent selling Brets book. You could get a pic taken (your own camera) for a fiver and another fiver for an autograph. He has pics that he will sign there for you or he will sign something that you bring.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Let it go...
    Jesus, and you wonder why you receive backlash from some posters. Because of petty sh*t like that.

Thats bollocks, and you know it!

I asked a genuine question and rampage1 replied like an ignorant sarcastic bastard. Its good enough for him if i reply in the same tone.

I asked a genuine question and rampage1 replied like an ignorant sarcastic bastard. Its good enough for him if i reply in the same tone.

That reply was pretty dickish youve put people on ignore for less KKV.

Rampage1's reply to my question, or my reply to VR?

If you mean my reply, then its not. I put you and VR on ignore because you kept banging on about Kane the whole time and it was a pain in the ass having to listen to it over and over (i'm still a kane fan, by the way).

VRs post (that i quoted above) is just nonsensical. He's complaining to me, but didnt open his mouth to Rampage1 when he made his post?

hmmm...

If you mean my reply, then its not. I put you and VR on ignore because you kept banging on about Kane the whole time and it was a pain in the ass having to listen to it over and over (i'm still a kane fan, by the way).

VRs post (that i quoted above) is just nonsensical. He's complaining to me, but didnt open his mouth to Rampage1 when he made his post?

hmmm...

I was replying in relation other's comments about this post
    Looks like Vince was personally delivering the old theme music then...

Looks like you've still got a major chip on your shoulder about Kane, no one here has told you not to like him despite your repeated claims to the contary. If you cant stand the heat get out of the Hellfire and Brimstone.

Rovert wrote:

Rovert wrote:
    I was replying in relation other's comments about this post
    Looks like Vince was personally delivering the old theme music then...

You're confusing me...:confused::(

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »

I cant help it..... :o

Proof?! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Attendance for Letterkenny? Thanks for the report btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

No it's not, we can't all be wrong, Shane.

How did he respond like an ignorant sarcastic bastard?
    Even i got the joke, and i'm a sarky as they come.

Seriously, grow a sense of humour. Build that bridge. You'll find less people will be on your case.

I cant help it..... :o

Proof?! :P

Grow up.

I'm a very, very sarcastic person (in-person).

but even though i am sarcastic in person, i realise the power of reading things and that sacrcasm is tough to figure out on the net. Thats why emoticons are readily available.

Rampage1 wasn't trying to be funny. He was being an ass.

Grow up.

I'll grow up when you drop the gripe you have with a certain poster...

Rampage1 wasn't trying to be funny. He was being an ass.

"wah wah wah, the world world is against me!"
    Seriously dude, don't flatter yourself.

I'll grow up when you drop the gripe you have with a certain poster...

I don't have a gripe, he's the one who can't have a simple discussion without taking it too seriously, throwing a hissyfit and then throwing people on ignore for stupid sh*t.

But yeah, i have the gripe! :rolleyes:
    Besides, it's none of your business anyway CBG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Maybe you'd like me to take your Kane mask and Costume and slap it down you're neck for calling me a bastard if any moderators are on I want an apology from KKV for refering to me as a bastard
    Maybe we should take this up outside of the forum were you can't hide behind your Keyboard

• Advertisement

Besides, it's none of your business anyway CBG.

You just insulted him.

Besides, it's a forum he posts on. You and Rovert constantly trying to pull me into Kane related arguments is making the whole wrestling forum a shitty
    place to post. Its ruining the forum thread by thread.

SHAWN RAVEN PRESENTS: HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE - ONE POST AT A TIME!

Would seem like you're proud of doing it though.

You just insulted him.

No i didn't, i told him to grow up because he was paraphrasing rovert in an argument that he wasn't even involved in, simply because he had nothing better to do.
    Besides, it's a forum he posts on. You and Rovert constantly trying to pull me into Kane related arguments is making the whole wrestling forum a shitty
    place to post. Its ruining the forum thread by thread.

How are we pulling you into Kane related arguments. You're basically saying you can post about how you want to blow him all you want, but if the rest of us can't make any sense of it, we're to keep our mouths shut?

Yeah... that'll work, kid.
    Would seem like you're proud of doing it though.
    I'm here for wrestling discussion, not to make friends. I've enough of those thanks.

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Maybe you'd like me to take your Kane mask and Costume and slap it down you're neck for calling me a bastard if any moderators are on I want an apology from KKV for refering to me as a bastard
    Maybe we should take this up outside of the forum were you can't hide behind your Keyboard

*Hides under desk*

*Whispers* VR? CBG?... Is he still there?

:rolleyes:

*Hides under desk*

*Whispers* VR? CBG?... Is he still there?

:rolleyes:

Here's the deal. Don't respond to this post, we'll drop the whole thing, start from scratch, get back to wrestling discussion and we can all stop acting like 6 year olds.

Before Fozzy and/or Bombidol bans all our asses!

No i didn't, i told him to grow up because he was paraphrasing rovert in an argument that he wasn't even involved in, simply because he had nothing better to do.

Its a public message board.

How are we pulling you into Kane related arguments. You're basically saying you can post about how you want to blow him all you want, but if the rest of us can't make any sense of it, we're to keep our mouths shut?

Yeah... that'll work, kid.

Another gay reference? Running low on material, VR?

Just don't randomly mention how bad you think Kane is and have my name associated within your post. Thats all it takes. If you want to talk about Kane, do it in a Kane thread. as i said before:

Me: Hey
    Somebody: Hey
    Me: I disagree
    Somebody: Well Kane sucks!

I'm here for wrestling discussion, not to make friends. I've enough of those thanks.

Here for wrestling discussion? or to brag that you're trying to annoy people in a wrestling forum?

Here's the deal. Don't respond to this post, we'll drop the whole thing, start from scratch, get back to wrestling discussion and we can all stop acting like 6 year olds.

Before Fozzy and/or Bombidol bans all our asses!

Sounds good to me.

Rovert...?

• Advertisement

Rampage1, none of us leave from behind our keyboards, were wrestling fans :o

Shawn, as i said, i couldn't help it.

KKV, your just a prick and you know it. :p:p

Guys, no one has even brought forward any sort of solution to any of this. and logical ones, unlike:
    KKV takes the mask off and lets circulation back to his head yada yada yada
    This is really driving this forum into the ground. Like seriously.

Fozzy or someone should ban all four of us for a week or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I'll drop it when the little red monster apologises for calling me a bastard

Guys, no one has even brought forward any sort of solution to any of this. and logical ones, unlike:

the one i just mentioned??? Jesus Christ, open your eyes, seriously!

Come on, let's get back to the AWR topic, if anything else needs to be sorted, do it via PM? I'm not trying to be a mod here, but we don't want lunatics running the asylum either!

AWR: Anyone at the Letterkenny show? Results?

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I'll drop it when the little red monster apologises for calling me a bastard

in fairness he said you were like a bastard.

Never directly said you were one....

But im getting out of this argument

Dear Mr. Rampage1.

I'm Sooooooooooo sorry, if Mr. KKV's referencing you as a "bastard" (or bathturd, in Lashleyish) has caused you any inconvenience. However, your attitude sucks ass, and needs to be improved upon as soon as possible.

Your post, requesting to "take this up outside the forum" has been reported, and I'm sure Fozzy and/or Bombidol will deal with your childish nature accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with us here at KKV & co. I'm sorry we couldn't get you in direct contact with Mr. KKV himself, but as the current Around the Horn champion, he is very busy, as you can imagine.

Thanking you again,

KKV & Co.

Dropping it since 1948.

• Advertisement

the one i just mentioned??? Jesus Christ, open your eyes, seriously!

Come on, let's get back to the AWR topic, if anything else needs to be sorted, do it via PM? I'm not trying to be a mod here, but we don't want lunatics running the asylum either!

AWR: Anyone at the Letterkenny show? Results?

Now thats an idea.

Its a public message board.

But dont use facts right KKV :rolleyes:

Sounds good to me.

Rovert...?

Reason: Treason
    Using facts against Kane

So i take it you're not up for just forgetting about it all then?

There's always one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

FFS, this is the American Wrestling Rampage topic, if you guys want to bitch then open up a bitch topic, some of us don't want this topic closed.

So i take it you're not up for just forgetting about it all then?

You are making it hard to forget with your OTT reply in the TNA set thread.
    There's always one...

In your case and fandom there sure is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I didn't know Kane was on the AWR tour

You guys are making the place pretty sucky for the few regulars that are left

The Kane thing was funny to begin with but it's Mae Young old at this stage

Dear Mr. Rampage1.

I'm Sooooooooooo sorry, if Mr. KKV's referencing you as a "bastard" (or bathturd, in Lashleyish) has caused you any inconvenience. However, your attitude sucks ass, and needs to be improved upon as soon as possible.

Your post, requesting to "take this up outside the forum" has been reported, and I'm sure Fozzy and/or Bombidol will deal with your childish nature accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with us here at KKV & co. I'm sorry we couldn't get you in direct contact with Mr. KKV himself, but as the current Around the Horn champion, he is very busy, as you can imagine.

Thanking you again,

KKV & Co.

Dropping it since 1948.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. You're the first to bitch if anyone should they upset you, but you're not willing to cleanly drop anything for the sake of peace, you have to twist the knife one more time to get over whatever insecurity it is that you have.

This is why you have so many posters on your back, myself, rovert, callaway2, rampage1. How many more are you gonna add to the list?

I tried, i really did.

I was enjoying the postivity of this thread until KKV made that comment. By the way did KKV go to one of these shows?

This is exactly what i'm talking about. You're the first to bitch if anyone should they upset you, but you're not willing to cleanly drop anything for the sake of peace, you have to twist the knife one more time to get over whatever insecurity it is that you have.

This is why you have so many posters on your back, myself, rovert, callaway2, rampage1. How many more are you gonna add to the list?

I tried, i really did.

... And you said you were good with sarcasm?

I was just letting Rampage know that i reported his post and wasn't gonna be saying 'sorry' for anything.

It's rovert thats dragged this out now. It would have been over and done by now, but as he said himself before, he loves to get a reaction.

rovert wrote:
    I was enjoying the postivity of this thread until KKV made that comment.

I was enjoying it until Kane was mentioned.

did KKV go to one of these shows?

No...

Add me to that list, this seems to be the best faction going! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement